Moonbounce DL0SHF

• Offizieller Beitrag

I fitted an Octagon PLL LNB to the Prodelin 1.2m. The az-el is quite well calibrated on an RC2000 to within a degree.

<Edit 18-6-18> the beacon is back on but not always at full power. There is a status page here: http://moonbeacon.dl0shf.de/

The Octagon works OK down to 10368MHz. However, the total system noise temperature is around 260 deg. K which is quite poor. This compares to 180K at 10.7G and 150k at 12G, still not very good. The noise temperature was measured using the sky/ground method.

I found the moon by monitoring the noise level and looking for a peak. It is only about 0.25dB so not very obvious. Once I had that and calibrated the frequency I found the beacon on the spectrum display of SDR# using an Airspy SDR. The attached plot is of DL0SHF transmitting in QRA64 mode. The multi-tone modulation can be seen on the waterfall. I haven't got the decoder together yet.

Bilder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I finally managed to decode it using WSJT-X https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/
    It transmits QRA64D on even minutes and FSK CW on odd minutes. The PC time must be set to within a second or so.
    The attached output was from a time when the PA must have been off hence the low signal.

Bilder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!