20.0°W (Destination) Al Yah 3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I could only find the beacon at 20198.5MHz, not the 20199,5. It was at about 220el 40az from near London but was hard to track as there was a lot of variation in the signal level. I've included some time domain plots to show the variation. Some of it is cyclic but the rate changed over a period of a few minutes. There were also some fast variations of 10-50ms but I am not sure if they were real amplitude variations or an artefact of caused by the modulation. It was hard to keep on frequency as the LNB is not stable to better than a few kHz.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von hvdh
    Finding Ka band beacon for such a fast moving satellite, very impressive! :73:

Thanks. It wasn't moving too fast as it was close to apogee. However, it may be wobbling a bit which could cause the slow variations in level (and confusing me whilst tracking). If it behaves the same as SES-14, it will be hard to track once it gets closer than about 15000km and below 15 degrees elevation.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

N2YO tracking link
    http://www.n2yo.com/?s=43174

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von s-band
    N2YO tracking link
    http://www.n2yo.com/?s=43174

I tried to find it again but can not see anything. It should have been at about 40-41E +/-1El.at the times I looked.
    I calibrated against Athena Fidus so am confident I was pointing in the correct direction and I could see the "noise" from Mentor 4 the other side (44E). Are the beacons off or have they been switched to a narrower beam? If I managed to find it before, I wonder why I can;t now.

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

I found it again. It was harder to find than when it was stronger (closer) but moving fast. The 1st beacon I found is no longer on but the 20199.5MHz on is there. The waterfall shows that there is still significant fading at a rate of about 0.01Hz (rolling?). The frequency drift is the LNB wandering.

• Satellite Name: Al Yah 3
    Position: 20° W (164.07° W)
    NORAD: 43174
    Cospar number: 2018-012A
    Operator: Al Yah Satellite Communications Company PrJSC (Yahsat)
    Launch date: 25-Jan-2018
    Launch site: Guiana Space Center
    Launch vehicle: Ariane 5 ECA
    Launch mass (kg): 3790
    Dry mass (kg):
    Manufacturer: Orbital ATK Inc
    Model (bus): GEOStar-2
    Orbit: GEO
    Expected lifetime: 15+ yrs.

http://www.yahsat.com/en/news/…-yah-3-mission-completion

[SIZE=1]/edit: Merged in this toppic by qwer.[/SIZE]

The size dish : jonsa 1.8 meters

Receiver :Dreambox 820

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!