21.4°E SES-16 [GovSat-1]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Spectrum in XBand, unknown modulation type.

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm a lucky, another TP appears with a pure carrier on 7355 L after my 1st scan

• Offizieller Beitrag

I missed the carrier. The data disappeared as soon as I found it but came back. I can not identify the mod on the analyser. They just turned the power right down as I was typing this. It's now only just visible on CS.
    Edit: About 10 minutes after the original post the modulation was switched off.
    The beacon is still there on 7748.5MHz LHCP. I will leave the X feed on for a while and will swap to the Ka feed later or tomorrow.

Bilder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, Thanks

I let one of my antenna pointed for monitoring this Satellite spectrum

Right now 7500 L

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Feedsat
    OK, Thanks

I let one of my antenna pointed for monitoring this Satellite spectrum

Right now 7500 L

Which antenna are you using?
    Here's the spectrum which may be showing the transponder noise with the carrier offset from the centre. (9125MHz LO so spectrum is inverted)

Bilder

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

a 1.8m CM

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Feedsat
    a 1.8m CM

Thanks.

I left it logging for a while with 1MHz bandwidth so that the noise floor is visible. You can just see the noise floor drop as they hit limiting whilst winding the power up and down (I think). It looks like the TP is off altogether now.

Edit at 19:30 GMT: Similar strength carrier now on 7380L

• Offizieller Beitrag

I left the logger running longer and I now think that wide band signal is noise, not data, and is being used as a test signal. In the waterfalls below the levels of noise and carrier are changed. I think that's why we can't demodulate anything. Of course, the whole content of the satellite is supposed to be encrypted so none of this is for certain.

2 sections of waterfall show full band scans with 7386L active and one shows a carrier that appeared for a short time on 7297L. The low level signals are from Skynet.

LO 9125MHz, spectra inverted

• Offizieller Beitrag

A quick check

now 7602 and 7680 L on test

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most of the TP were activated during few minutes

• Offizieller Beitrag

a last one for today

• Offizieller Beitrag

today's spectrum

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to keep an eye on it.
    Still on test...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Today's spectrum...
    23.5°E

• hvdh I could not find this at 21.5E but it now appears to be around 56.5E which is close to my horizon. What is happening to it?

Real time satellite tracking for: SES-16/GOVSAT-1
    Track satellite(s) SES-16/GOVSAT-1 and see where are they located now. Check when there will be the next pass over your location
    www.n2yo.com

40km East of London, UK

• Probably nothing, you're dealing with a TLE of Sep 2022. 😄

Since about a year, very few amateur observer updates are done on classified satellites.

Laminas 120cm 1°W...68°E, T-55 9/13/19/23/28/39/42/45°E.

• Probably nothing, you're dealing with a TLE of Sep 2022. 😄

I keep forgetting to check the epoch. I even bookmarked this http://mason.gmu.edu/~mlyons3/tle_epoch.html

the last time you reminded me to check!

40km East of London, UK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!