09.0°E Ka-Sat

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have put this in as unknown as it does not match hvdh's list. I was testing a band A (V linear) LNB which just about covers 17.6-19.8GHz. There are 4, 45MHz wide data/GS signals in from 17650-17900MHz and 18.4GHz-19.7GHz has many time mux'd signals. Note that there is a spurious response at 17705 on both plots.

I can't see where Eutelsat 9E has a transponder in band E, or does it? I think I have the position correct.

Edit: I can just see some TPs above 19.7GHz which would suggest it is Eutelsat 9B. I wonder if the signals I am seeing in band E are real or spurii. I need to try a different LNB to confirm.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you overlook Eutelsat Ka-sat, maybe?
    The gateway band is 18.4...19.7 GHz. 5 * 237.5 MHz transponders, think I can count them in your spectrum.
    Only the stuff below 17.9 GHz, I don't know what that is, I thought of spurious as well, it looks "too clean".
    So let's wait for other's findings!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von hvdh
    Did you overlook Eutelsat Ka-sat, maybe?

I thought most of it was from there but I did not remember the TDM signals from 18.4-19.7. Are they IP/Internet?

Regarding band E, the fact that there is a group of 4 signals that look similar to the groups of 4 above 19.7 is suspicious. I calculated a few possible products but did not get anything sensible. I will try a normal band B and a modified B that goes down to 17.6. Both have different LOs (18.25 & 17.281) to the XMW used today (17.25). So, if the signals move or disappear we'll know I imagined them!

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, I was imagining the band E signals. Checked on a Gilat which has a cleaner LO, they are not there. The spurii were mixing products from an oscillation in the LO output amplifier. Moral - check the kit before posting.

Here is a plot of 18.3-20.3GHz (18.25GHz LO) which shows the 18.4-19.7 TDM signals and the 8 continuous ones.

hvdh, please change title.

hvdh: done!

Bilder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Warum der Ka-Sat immer in einem Atemzug mit Eutelsat genannt wird, ist nicht so klar, denn er gehört zu Via Sat.

Die anschliessenden Scans aller K-Sub-Bänder wurden in horizontaler LNB-Position gemacht. Bei zirkularen Signalen spielt es keine Rolle, da diese auf beiden Ebenen zu sehen sind, wobei eine Ebene etwas schwächer ankommt.

Im Sub-B-Band ist der Scale Faktor durch den hohen Pegel 1.0, in den anderen 1.4.

Der zu Beginn des Sub-C-Bands hohe Peak könnte auf den Irland Transponder 20192 L 12500 5/6 im Zusammenhang stehen, der in meiner Region nicht lockbar ist.

Why the Ka-Sat is always mentioned in the same breath as Eutelsat is not so clear, because it belongs to Via Sat.

The subsequent scans of all K-Sub bands were made in the horizontal LNB position. It doesn't matter with circular signals, as these can be seen on both planes, with one plane arriving slightly weaker.

In the Sub-B band, the scale factor is 1.0 due to the high level, in the others it is 1.4.

The high peak at the beginning of the sub-C band could be related to the Ireland transponder 20192 L 12500 5/6 which is not lockable in my area.

An meinem Standort konnte ich nur Transponder im Sub-B Band finden:

At my Location I could only find Transponders in Sub B:

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• hvdh

Hat den Titel des Themas von „09.0°E Eutelsat Ka-Sat“ zu „09.0°E Ka-Sat“ geändert.
  • Why the Ka-Sat is always mentioned in the same breath as Eutelsat is not so clear, because it belongs to Via Sat.

You're right. From 2011 to 2015 this satellite was of Eutelsat, from 2016 to 2020 a Eutelsat/Viasat joint venture, and since 2021 only of Viasat.
    So I just removed Eutelsat from the 3 topic names.

Laminas 120cm 1°W...68°E, T-55 9/13/19/23/28/39/42/45°E.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!