IQmonitor tool

• :73: Wenn du weißt, dass die kleinste Symbolrate 1850 ist, kannst die "Min for search" statt auf 100 auf ca. 1500 setzen. Ebenso reicht das Maximum von 32000 im kongreten Beispiel, das erspart Scanzeit.

You are certainly right, but I will allow myself to make a small remark:

SRmin determines the maximum signal search time at the current frequency. The smaller the SRmin, the more time is needed to calculate a statistically representative number of tokens for signal analysis.

On the other hand, frequency acquisition and phase locking of signals occur faster the higher the SNR above the lock level.

Weak (including subthreshold) signals have the greater the probability of detection, the longer the time spent at one frequency.

For transponders with a variable modulation type, it is also important to wait for the "above threshold" packet with QPSK2 modulation, during which the frequency capture and phase synchronization of the entire stream occurs.

The FASTER or MORE THOROUGH decision is up to you :28:

• Hello Yuri and stephan. :70:

I was looking for the optimal step setting and search width. I achieved the best results with a search width of around + - 2000. Step from 100 to 250. I do not insist on speed, but thoroughness. It finds transponders with SR 400 to 45000 without problems.

Of course, with very narrow transponders stored close to each other, it is necessary to reduce the scanning width and the step accordingly.
    The scans are from the 250cm antenna.

Geoposition: 48,71N, 21,92E. Promax Ranger Neo 2, TBS5925 :73: , TBS6983, TBS6903, TBS6903x, TBS6903x V2, TBS6522, TBS5520SE, TBS5927, TBS5590, Prof7301, PF 250cm, ADE antenna 370cm. Full band LNBs: S, L, C: NJS8487S PLL , NJS8488S PLL, X PLL, Ku NJR2842S PLL, Bullseye 10kHz PLL, full Ka band PLL, and other iron for DX reception, 53W - 98E. :68:

• Good evening, Peon :3:

I only liked <3 the search parameters :73:

I didn't like the RF spectra... :301

It seems to me that Noise Level = -56dB.

You correctly set Scale = 2.0, but I have a strong suspicion that you did the calibration with Noise Level = -50dB and Scale = 1.0... :125:

If I'm right, I advise you to re-register the calibration curves with Noise Level = -56dB and Scale = 2.0.

Good luck and good health! :74:

• Hello Yuri, :70:

I did the calibration and scan as you advised me. :101:

Unfortunately, when calibrated with Scale 2, the course of the spectrum is wavy. :37:

If I calibrate with Scale 1 and the scan is with Scale 2, the course of the spectrum is nicely balanced. :73:

In the section from 3600MHz to 3780MHz, the Internet with LTE interferes with me, so I can't get a straight line there. :25:

Am I making a calibration mistake somewhere? :25: Or is it necessary to use another StreamReader?

Please advise me. :17:

Calibration Scale2, Scan Scale2

Calibration Scale1, Scan Scale2

Geoposition: 48,71N, 21,92E. Promax Ranger Neo 2, TBS5925 :73: , TBS6983, TBS6903, TBS6903x, TBS6903x V2, TBS6522, TBS5520SE, TBS5927, TBS5590, Prof7301, PF 250cm, ADE antenna 370cm. Full band LNBs: S, L, C: NJS8487S PLL , NJS8488S PLL, X PLL, Ku NJR2842S PLL, Bullseye 10kHz PLL, full Ka band PLL, and other iron for DX reception, 53W - 98E. :68:

• Peter, I understand that English is not our native language, and Google is not the best translator in the field of satellite and computing technologies ...

But you puzzled me with your misunderstanding :75:

Let's go step by step:

1. TBS-5925 connect the antenna to the satellite with full Ku band 10700 - 12750 MHz and good filling with medium and high speed transponders (>10000kS/s)

2. Disable Calibr and set Scale=1.0

3. Register the RF spectrum in 1MHz steps

4. Do a blind scan

5. Save the spectrum with transponders using the Save button

6. Set Scale=0.5 and click Paint and then Save

7. Repeat step 6 for Scale=1.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0

8. Post 6 spectra with transponders at different Scale

9. Compare the amplitude of the transponder bodies with the amplitude of the peaks in the spectra.

10. Read the article IQmonitor Pro - setting parameters and select values for spectrum display parameters.

Health and success! :74:

• Thank you Yuri :74:
    I already understand that. :77: This does not work with Calibration. :37:

All together for a better comparison. Scale 0,5; 1; 1,5; 2; 2,5; 3.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Peon ()

• I already understand that. :77: This does not work with Calibration. :37:

Both of your statements are incorrect :33:

You apparently didn't complete steps 9 and 10  :88:

I'll help you a little with point 9 -

Comparing the shape of the spectra with the shape of the bodies of high-speed transponders, I came to the conclusion that scale = 3 is the most suitable for your TBS 5925 card. It is Scale = 3 that you should use when working with your card. ALWAYS ! Including when registering a calibration curve.

Point 10 you will have to do on your own.

I hope :28: you will come to the conclusion that Noise Level = -50dB, Min Level RF = -50dB or close to it.

After that we move on to the next steps -

11. Having set the selected parameters in IQmonitor Pro, we register the calibration curve with a step of 1 MHz in the entire range, check the RF box and Save it to disk.

12. Repeat the same operations for another (orthogonal) polarization

13. Load the calibration curve using the Load button and press the Standard button, making the spectrum curve a calibration curve.

14. Check the Add checkbox, switch to orthogonal polarization and repeat step 13. Save the plate with two calibration curves and publish it on the forum.

15. Now you can register the RF spectrum of the satellite signal and check of work the Calibr checkbox.

After closing the program, the calibration curves will be saved in *.ini file, and when working with this configuration, you can enable the calibration of the spectra with the Calibr checkbox

Health and good luck! :74:

• Hi Yuri,
    I followed your instructions, step by step, (Scale 3.0) but it's not good. After scanning the spectrum, outside the satellite, the spectrum is not linear but wavy. :25:

Could someone try it with the TBS5925 card?

Spectrum after calibration procedure.Your instructions, step by step, Scale 3.0.

Spectrum after standard calibration procedure. Scale3,0

Spectrum after standard calibration procedure. Scale 1.0.

• I followed your instructions, step by step, (Scale 3.0) but it's not good. After scanning the spectrum, outside the satellite, the spectrum is not linear but wavy. :25:

Spectrum after calibration procedure.Your instructions, step by step, Scale 3.0.

Hi Peter ! :74:

No, you did not follow my instructions, a fragment of which I give below:

After loading the first calibration curve (point 13), you should have turned on Add (which means that this option was previously considered turned off), download the second calibration curve without cleaning the plate (point 14) and save the plate with two curves and publish it on the forum. You have published a tablet with four curves.

So, points 13 and 14 are performed incorrectly by you and they need to be repeated.

In a good way, I did not see your conclusions on points 9 and 10, it seems that you simply took my considerations without any independent choice of parameters ...

Where in my instructions did you see a ask (or request) for a spectrum scan outside the satellite? In point 15, it is clear, in English, I ask you to register "RF spectrum of the satellite signal". Like you showed us:

83918-scale-3-jpg

By the way, blind scanning of the real spectrum is highly welcome, because makes it possible to compare the amplitude of the spectrum peaks with the real SNR. I would recommend the RF scale on the tablet from about -20 to -65dBm

After that you can enable Add and Calibr and then Paint.

Try to repeat these operations, but with the additionally enabled option Min Level RF

Health and good luck! :150:

• Hi, Yuri ! :70:

I did exactly as you describe. Finally, I created a joint image of individual scans and calibrations, for better comparison. I'm not saying I didn't make a mistake. That's why I'll try it again. I'll supplement the individual steps with pictures.

Thank you for your patience with me. :74:

"Where in my instructions did you see a ask (or request) for a spectrum scan outside the satellite?"

What I mean is the final linear level line after rescanning outside the satellite. If it is equal, then the calibration is correct. If there is any undulation, the satellite scan will not correspond to the actual course. It will be affected by the irregularities in the spectrum after calibration.

• das Wetter ist sehr schlecht , ich hatte Zeit dafür,

auf 42° East Türksat habe ich einen Vergleich zwischen

alle blindscan gemacht .

Alle mit gleiche Einstellung .

Mit Sm3 Einstellung finde ich den Spectrum von

Normal Spectrum nicht sehr schön , mit Sm9 ist des Spectrum glatter .

the weather is very bad , I had time for it,

on 42° East Türksat I made a comparison between

all blindscan .

All with the same setting.

With the Sm3 setting I find the spectrum of the

Normal Spectrum not very nice, with Sm9 the Spectrum is smoother.

погода очень плохая, у меня было время для этого,

на 42° восточной долготы Тюрксат я провел сравнение между

все слепые .

Все с одинаковыми настройками.

При настройке Sm3 я нахожу спектр

Обычный спектр не очень приятный, с Sm9 спектр более плавный.

Oberfranken
    1.80m Ch.Master Revolver 5 LNB

IBU twin , Bulleye 10kHz, Kaonsat 13K, Inverto KaKuband,Kaband ( A)

TBS6983; Openbox SX3 CI II ; Ustym 4K Pro ;GTMedia Combo; F15

• Hi Yuri. :70:
    I repeated the procedure according to your instructions. The result is the same. With calibration turned on, the spectrum curve has a lower level and correction using the calibration curve is not performed. :37:

step 11. Calibration curve H

step12. Calibration curve V

step 13. and 14.

step15: restart IQmonitor with saved calibration curves and scan satellite

Spectrum without Calibr.

Spectrum with Calibr.

Now I don't know, either I don't understand it or it really doesn't work with Scale 3.0. :68:

• Peon:3:

Your answer to my question:

is called "gone from a direct answer", because the direct answer to this rhetorical question is obvious and simple - I never asked you to do this anywhere.

I will not ask you how you understood my wish "Try to repeat these operations, but with the additionally enabled option Min Level RF"

Let me explain to you once again that such a construction of the phrase assumes that all previous operations that you did not show us should have been performed with the Min level RF option DISABLED.

Now work on your mistakes.

Here you have nice calibration curves :73: that range from -57 to -72dBm and have a peak-to-peak of about 15dB:

83946-calibration-curves-spectrum-after-calibration-jpg

You are absolutely right, here your intuition did not let you down, you placed the lilac line at the level of the average Noise Level NL = -65dB, :73: but did not transfer it to the NL window. You registered the spectrum correctly, but displayed it with NL=-50dB and not NL=-65dB as in the calibration curve cited here two lines above.

84020-spectrum-without-calibration-h-jpg

In addition, the output should have occurred with the Min level RF option DISABLED. But you had ON :54: Min level RF = -53dB.

Below this level, the spectrum is compressed.

Finally, you haven't done a blind search over the spectrum to get the shape and amplitude of the locked transponders against which to evaluate the results of the calibration.

Hope you fix these bugs and be more attentive :74:

• Hi Yuri. :70:
    I have tried all settings and combinations but the result is the same. The resulting spectrum curve with calibration is always deformed. No calibration curve is applied.

The exception is if I do it with a scale of 1.0. In this case, it is correct. The spectrum is linear, without distortion.
    I will do the whole process again and post it.

Could you try it with your TBS6983 card?
    Well thank you. :74:

• Could you try it with your TBS6983 card?

Scale=2.0 + Scale=2.0 with calibration

Add Scale=1.5 + Scale=1.5 with calibration

Add Scale=1.0 + Scale=1.0 with calibration

Add Scale=0.5 + Scale=0.5 with calibration

Scale=0.5 + Scale=2.0 + Scale=2.0 with calibration (black)

Then Scale=2.0 (black) without calibration, but Noise Level=-40, Min level RF=-45 (blue) :

Add Shift Scale=2.0 (blue) and Scale=0.5 (violet) :

:74:

• Very happy to see IQmonitor's feed-report can find the correct SR of some No-locked transponders with TBS6903X !!! :76:

not all No-locked transponders can be found with TBS6903X ,maybe their signal is too low ! :125:

• yes we can see No-locked transponders with IQmonitor & TBS6903X works in C-band too :76::76::76:

thank you very much strannik :70::70::70::74:

• unfortunately TBS6903X can't understand that theses transponders are just one Transponder :75:

is there any solution of that problem :125: ? sorry of the big mess here :26.

but there is a good thing here !! you can see all Modcodes used by this DATA-DVB-S2X transponder :73:

you can see even more !!! :38:

unlike DVB-S2X transponders

in DVB-S2 the modulation never change with TBS6903X feed-reports ! :73:

here I try to be more logical :18:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von flie () aus folgendem Grund: correction

• feed-reports of No-locked transponder here with TBS6903X @45°W C-band

I have one problem :

when I press Spectrum or BlindScan the Max SR of search always reset to 67500 :80: ,

with TBS6903X I want it more than 100000! :125:

this problem doesn't happen with feed-report :73:

• thanks a lot flie :70: for a huge and extremely exhausting work in terms of time. :73:

You were able to convincingly show that the center frequency of the DVB-S2X transponders is related to the leading edge of the transponder peaks on the CrazyScan spectra, and on the IQmonitor Pro HR spectra - approximately in the middle of the SNR peak (or group of peaks). The latter seems more familiar... :4:

Please note that the algorithm for obtaining manual feedports for non-locked (subthreshold) transponders provides for a hard binding to the double click frequency :155:

As for the numbers SR 67500 and 100000, you answered yourself: with the TBS 6983 ticked, the program itself limits the maximum symbol rate based on my observations.

And lastly, I highly recommend that you set the Time searching scale to 0.001 or less. This parameter shows the time during which the program tries to get the missing tokens for the lock and displays with its peaks, the width of which is proportional to the SR, and the amplitude corresponds to the C/No

:74:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!