IQmonitor tool

• An other high SR 68570 found today by Qwer :76:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hallo Stephan!

Ich freue mich sehr über die Ergebnisse Ihres Ka-Band-Empfangs! :76::76::76:
    Sie sind phänomenal und haben mich sogar erstaunt, obwohl ich Ihren Erfolg vorausgesehen habe. :73:

Wenn ich mich vom Waschen der Panoramafenster im 12. Stock entferne, werde ich ausführlicher schreiben.
    In der Zwischenzeit muss ich meine Begeisterung für Ihre Arbeit zum Ausdruck bringen und erklären, dass ich stolz auf einen Freund wie Sie bin. :74:

Ich wünsche Ihnen viel Erfolg und Gesundheit
    Yuri

• Offizieller Beitrag

flie !

For your card you need to register in the ini file DVB-S2X scale = 0.8

:74:

• Offizieller Beitrag

My friend stephan94 performed a brilliant off-site reception experiment :76:
    LNB range, but, due to natural modesty, does not publish its results.
    And I, as a friend to whom modesty is not an obstacle, will present you this unique data.

Above the red line in the locked transponder table, you see four transponders that are stephan94
    circled with colored frames for identification with four of the same transponders, but accepted within
    LNB operating range at the main (1st) harmonic of the tuner local oscillator STV-6120, which is installed in PCI
    TBS-6983 card.
    stephan94 made a full-fledged reception of transponders at frequencies that are 860 - 900 MHz lower than true
    center frequencies of transponders! :73:
    But the most fantastic in these results is that the 21538 N signal received at harmonics has a 3.2 dB SNR
    higher than the same signal in the working frequency band !!! :12:

My friend’s success inspired me to create a special mode for searching for DVB-S2 signals OUTSIDE
    LNB operating range.

This mode is turned on simply - the checkbox Expand RX band should be noted.

After that, when the cursor moves on the spectrum tablet, in addition to the current signal frequency (10178 MHz) and its level (-46.9 dBm)
    under the current frequency, the predicted frequency of the same signal from the satellite appears, but received at the 1st harmonic
    local oscillator tuner STV-6120 (11034 MHz). It is easy to see that the signal level at the first harmonic is -33.0 dBm,
    which is 13.9 dBm higher.

Another useful feature of the IQmonitor 2404 program is the presence of a PoP menu that allows you to lock
    transponder and get comprehensive information about it in one click on Tune to Frequency

Before this (which is not necessary), the Feed Report PoP menu option was used, which showed MERa = 11.47dB with SNR = 10.2dB.
    As a result, we have confident reception of the transponder 11034 MHz at a frequency of 10178 MHz :73:

This result is confirmed by TSReader integrated in IQmonitor

Taking this opportunity, I want to once again thank stephan94 for the fruitful contribution to improving the IQmonitor program :74:

https://filatov-yuri.livejournal.com/2020/06/11/

• Offizieller Beitrag

Guten Abend

Ein andere Beispiel was ich mit einem ka-Ku LNB (D) in Ka (C) Bereich empfangen konnte .( 12° West)
    Beide Frequenz sind real
    schon fantastisch. :78:

Another example of what I could receive with a ka-Ku LNB (D) in Ka (C) area. ( 12° West)
    Both frequencies are real
    already fantastic. :78:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Today published the program IQmonitor ver.2.4.0.4
    For free download it is available at:

www.satellitescommunity.de

If this is your first time downloading IQmonitor, you can also download all necessary
    for her work files. Unzip them into the IQmonitor folder (preferably not on the system drive).

This version has a lot of new and useful for users of the program: :73:

1. Added PoP menu, which is called by the right mouse click. It has a number of options:

- Jamp to Frequency - according to this command, the operating frequency indicator is transferred to the frequency,
    on which the PoP menu was called. This can significantly reduce the scan time.
    For example, when scanning a satellite 10°E when the program reaches a frequency of 11.7 GHz,
    beyond which the satellite band begins 9°E, you need to set the cursor to the frequency
    12.5 GHz, call the PoP menu and click on Jamp to Frequency - the scanning process will be
    continued from this frequency;

- Feed Report - launches a procedure for analyzing the constellation constellation and determining
    (predicting) transponder parameters at a click frequency;

- Dynamic Spectrum - launches the procedure for the formation of a dynamic (real time) spectrum
    in the range +/- 25MHz of the click frequency. Moreover, you can click anywhere
    empty tablet;

- Tune to frequency - an option that will appeal to both experienced users and beginners.
    With one click, you are tuned to a transponder with a click frequency of calling the PoP menu and
    automatically get all the information from the transport stream (which is recorded
    to disk), including a list of programs and their SID. Since carried out in parallel
    broadcasting a transport stream over UDP protocol, you just need to choose from the list
    desired program, and it will be automatically shown by the VLC player. Or you can
    launch MPC-BE player. If you want, with one click you start for in-depth
    TransEdit, DVB Inspector, TSReader and even ABC 4T2 Analizir analysis without key and violation
    copyright (in demo mode);

- Set Option - opens the Style panel and allows you to change parameters during scanning;

- Go to Finish - switches to the final scan frequency and allows
    correctly, but prematurely complete the process.

2. For advanced users, the Clear the loop option is added, which allows you to clear
    interval before and immediately after the transponder peak from Raman interference. HR spectrum
    Become cleaner and more readable.

3. Another option for advanced users - Expand RX band - allows you to evaluate
    the ability to receive transponders beyond the frequency range that are installed on the panel
    spectra. When this option is enabled, the cursor position indicator below it
    another frequency is written that shows the true frequency of the transponder,
    if reception at the cursor frequency occurs at the third harmonic of the card tuner local oscillator.

4. Fixed program signing errors on automatic screenshots of all reporting
    materials that are created in the process of studying satellite signals.

Download the program, test and publish the results in this thread for discussion.
    If there are no publications and calls, I will not have motivation for its development and improvement

Good luck to everyone and 36°6 ! :72:

• This is a test with a new version and I like it the most - Tune to frequency - with one click I have all the information that interests me.I will check other options later.

• Greetings Strannik,
    Many thanks for adding new features in IQmonitor. Everything works flawlessly. :74:
    But I have a request. :93:Would it be possible to insert into IQmonitor, scan "BilndScan2", as CrazyScan uses? In BlindScan2 mode, it is also possible to lock frequencies below the lock threshold. (No Locked). IQmonitor can only do this manually, - "feed report". During this scan, it does not find the exact frequency of the transponder, but lists the one that was selected by clicking on the spectrum.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Peon,

You write:
    "Thank you very much for adding new features to IQmonitor. Everything works flawlessly."
    Show HR spectrum on the same tablet.
    I want to see how accurately you selected the frequency for FeedReport.

Thank :74:

• Offizieller Beitrag

IQmonitor has a powerful and effective tool to reduce unevenness.
    Frequency response of RF spectra - by creating and applying calibration curves.
    To create a calibration curve, you need to direct your antenna to a portion of the "cold" sky. :51:
    If you have an antenna with a polar suspension, try to find the point where the GSO is visible to you
    Radiation in the frequency range of your choice does not go to Earth. If your antenna has a wide daylight,
    then this task is difficult to accomplish ...
    If you have an antenna with an azimuth-angle suspension, maximize the elevation angle by pointing
    antenna up, away from the thermal radiation of the earth. True, then you will have to configure again
    antenna ...
    If you are old and lazy, like me, :83: then, having sacrificed the weak nonlinearity of the frequency response of the mirror, just shield
    irradiator LNB. For example, a package of aluminum foil for long-term storage of milk.

According to the theory, aluminum foil at Giga Hertz frequencies is an absolute screen for rays
    electromagnetic waves. But in practice? We look at the spectrum that is recorded from under dry
    foil bag.

Already better, blockages at the edges, dips and frequency response rises are clearly visible, but there is a roughness (up to 5dB)
    Frequency response, which correlates with radiation from satellite transponders.
    And what does the theory that your servant taught at the university for 25 years say? :88:
    Waves from the antenna mirror fall on an aluminum bag, on the surface of which they begin to flow
    electric currents. Through the incision of the packet, they flow into the inside, where they generate a secondary electromagnetic
    radiation. And nothing interferes with the LNB illuminator (which is a horn antenna with an aperture of ~ 2 lambda)
    to collect and direct it to the waveguide and further to the receiving probe ...

The keyword is [SIZE=3]nothing[/SIZE] !!! So we will fill the bag with an absorbing substance - a mint damp cloth.
    After that, set Nm = 9 and register the calibration curve of our receiving unit
    first for one, and then another polarization.

Please note that the spectrum recording step must be 1 MHz, and the horizontal scale dF
    - not necessarily, but at this scale we get the most accurate display of the calibration curves.
    After that, be sure to click the Standard button - the spectra will become calibration curves; tick
    RF checkbox, click the Save button and save the curves in a * .rf file, which can be, if necessary
    load from disk with the button Load; close the IQmonitor program - the calibration curves will be saved in the ini-file.

Now, having registered the spectrum with Nm = 9 (blue curve), having marked the Add and Calibr checkboxes, click Paint RF
    and enjoy the spectrum with the corrected frequency response (dark purple curve).
    As you can see, the shape of the transponders is close to ideal, and their vertices lie at ~ -40 dBm
    Compare with the HR spectrum, for which the non-linearity of the frequency response is completely absent! :73:

The full text of the article "IQmonitor - Search for weak signals - 1", see the LINK

• Zitat

Original von strannik

I want to see how accurately you selected the frequency for FeedReport.

Thank :74:

Thanks Strannik

Difference in tuning the correct frequency for a transponder without a lock in BlindScan.
    Feed Report IQmonitor 21013 correct final frequency.
    Feed Report IQmonitor 2404 - not tuned to the correct frequency. The frequency that was selected on the spectrum remains. :88:
    Procedure in the pictures.

IQ monitor 21013 is the last version that was able to tune the actual frequency of the selected transponder, which through BlindScan not lock. :50:

• I am one of those who like to see the whole spectrum, "jump to frequency" is a great feature to shorten the HR scan time ..

• Offizieller Beitrag

Peon,

You selectively quote my request to you and give a non-substantive answer.
    Nevertheless, I note that you are comparing FeedReports, which are obtained by significantly different versions of IQmonitor with significantly different parameters.
    The most significant in the case of constellations is the number of points analyzed.
    But this is not the point, but the fact that you either inattentively read my posts, or translate them incorrectly, or something else ...
    Here are quotes from my posts and an attempt to explain them:
    "- Feed Report - launches a procedure for analyzing the constellation constellation and determining
    (predicting) transponder parameters at a click frequency; "
    Here the expression "at a click frequency" means that the parameters are determined and predicted for the transponder within which there was a click, but it is not said that this is the center frequency. The analysis results are tied to this frequency, which is fundamentally important for the concept of HR spectra.
    So I asked you:
    "Show HR spectrum on the same tablet.
    I want to see how accurately you selected the frequency for FeedReport. "
    This means that I ask you for the same tablet (frequency range and signal levels) to calculate the IQmonitor HR spectrum program and publish it here on the forum.
    I want to see this HR spectrum and understand where to click on it, and whether this place corresponds to the frequency that the StreamReader BlindScan reports.
    Excuse me for possible Google translation errors and those resulting from this misunderstanding.
    Once again, I ask you to demonstrate the high-resolution spectrum for the possibility of analyzing whether you performed the FeedReport manual search correctly or incorrectly.

Thank you in advance
    Yuri

• I'm sorry, Strannik, but I don't understand what tablet you mean. I just wanted to show the difference in tuning to the right - the actual frequency.

Geoposition: 48,71N, 21,92E. Promax Ranger Neo 2, TBS5925 :73: , TBS6983, TBS6903, TBS6903x, TBS6903x V2, TBS6522, TBS5520SE, TBS5927, TBS5590, Prof7301, PF 250cm, ADE antenna 370cm. Full band LNBs: S, L, C: NJS8487S PLL , NJS8488S PLL, X PLL, Ku NJR2842S PLL, Bullseye 10kHz PLL, full Ka band PLL, and other iron for DX reception, 53W - 98E. :68:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Peon
    I'm sorry, Strannik, but I don't understand what tablet you mean. I just wanted to show the difference in tuning to the right - the actual frequency.

/edit by qwer: Sorry attached file disappeared with changing forum software on 01.08.2020.

Please ask strannik again.

Here on this tablet of spectra, in the same range of scales and signal levels, for the same satellite with the same equipment
    (antenna, LNB, kard) you need to show the HR spectrum, and not a screenshot, but the saved spectrum.

thank :74:

• first test with Expanded Range :73:
    I see one Unlocked Transponder with Blindscan2 using Crazyscan
    But I can conferme it with IQmonintor's Feedreport :76:

if you can add Blindscan2 to IQmonitor it will be Amazing :73:

Using H.R.Spectra with Expanded Range I see that my Triax-Twin can only work from 19.4 to 20.75 Ghz

the signal of 20470 L 27890 is very low :83:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hallo,

Ein anderes Beispiel für die Möglichkeiten der Version 2404 in Band KA mit der Erweiterung durch den "expanding RX band"
    Die LNB KU / KA ist offiziell für die KA (D) gemacht
    Hier wurden problemlos zwei reelle Frequenzen in KA (C) gefunden :12:

alles bei dem Satellite " Athena-Fidus @ 37.8° East"

Another example of the possibilities of version 2404 in band KA in expanding RX Band
    The LNB KU / KA is officially made to receive the KA (D)
    Here two real frequencies in KA (C) were found without problem :78:

schönen Tag und gesund Bleiben

nice day and stay healthy

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi flie!

Look at the intermediate frequency scale on your spectrum:

/edit by qwer: Sorry attached file disappeared with changing forum software on 01.08.2020.

You have absolutely incorrectly set the parameters for the IQmonitor research range!
    Please show a screenshot of the main program window, preferably with a spectrum tablet.
    Then I can point you to your mistake.

As for your request, we will return to its discussion after you master the work with IQmonitor 2404.

Good luck! :74:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von stephan94
    Hallo,

Ein anderes Beispiel für die Möglichkeiten der Version 2404 in Band KA mit der Erweiterung durch den "expanding RX band"
    Die LNB KU / KA ist offiziell für die KA (D) gemacht
    Hier wurden problemlos zwei reelle Frequenzen in KA (C) gefunden :12:

alles bei dem Satellite " Athena-Fidus @ 37.8° East"

Stephan
    Thank you very much for the work well done as always! :73:

When you have the time and opportunity, please calibrate your extended Ka (C) band as written in

/edit by qwer: Sorry LINK disappeared with changing forum software on 01.08.2020.

I think that the third method (with foil) will be the most acceptable.
    At the same time, direct the axis of the LNB waveguide to the aiming point G, which you determined for your antenna using the PARABOLA program.
    To do this, it will be enough for you to put between the LNB mount and its body a small bar 3 to 5 cm thick made of styrodur, wood or other more or less solid and (preferably) hygroscopic material.
    After obtaining the calibration curves in both polarizations, repeat your experiment on reception in the Ka (C) band.

You will be pleasantly surprised when the interference from the modem (?) :88: sharply decreases on the spectrum and the signal at a frequency of 20681 MHz becomes clearly visible.

Health to you and your loved ones! :74:

• Zitat

Original von strannik

Here on this tablet of spectra, in the same range of scales and signal levels, for the same satellite with the same equipment
    (antenna, LNB, kard) you need to show the HR spectrum, and not a screenshot, but the saved spectrum.

thank :74:

hi Strannik,
    sending spectra, Feedreports with IQ monitors 21013 and 2404 for comparison. I repeat the question. Is it possible that version 2404 can find the correct frequency for TPs below the lock level? The feedreports have the same frequencies for comparison. The selection (double-click - for feedreport) was made with the same deviation from the correct frequency. IQ21013 always tunes to the correct frequency. IQ2404 remains at the selected frequency - it does not tune to the correct value.

IQ21013,
    BlindScan, and Blindscan+manual

IQ2404,
    BlindScan, and Blindscan+manual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!