IQmonitor tool

• First test of IQmonitor-Lite in Ka-Band-B @ 56.5°E

I have a small problem when I tray to set Noise to get a better dF-Ultra-spectrum :86:

I use Always BlScan2 with Crazyscan to see No-locked transponders :73:

19778 L 29090 sometimes locked ...sometimes Not !

I will not Interested in speed anymore because sometimes slow-BlScan is Better :18: :

RE: IQmonitor tool

• Offizieller Beitrag

strannik

I have repeated the scan with NF = 1.5db and it looks like it has improved the spectrum?

There are two new frequencies registered at 3871V and 3872V that were not registered in the previous scan.

moonbase

I wrote to you that NF is important in the formation and analysis of spectra

IQmonitor software for obtaining high-resolution and dynamic spectra uses sophisticated, exclusive algorithms, in which, for example, in predictive deconvolution, the noise factor is a necessary parameter that prevents division by 0 and spectrum degradation

Now the spectrum by noise level (Noise Level = -50dB) - not to be confused with NF = 1.5dB! - looks uniform, like the tops of the transponders (see at 3887 and 4050MHz).

I like this HR spectrum, and we will assume that NF = 1.5dB for a setup 3.0m + Norsat 8115 is selected correctly.
    Let me remind you that you did not fulfill the second part of my request:
    ---> Paint ---> Save (with parameter Sm = 3).
    I, as the author of the program, perfectly imagine the result of the spectrum output with soft triangular filtering, but I wanted you to see the result and use this graph in your subsequent work.
    Once again, congratulations on your first excellent spectrum! :76::76::76:

Success and health :74:

• Offizieller Beitrag

flie :72:

Thanks for the good experiment :73:
    Spectrum would be even better at NF = 1.0dB

Success and health :74:

• strannik

Thank you for reviewing the spectrum of 95.0W, I will use the LNB_NF value of 1.5db for the 3.0m dish with the Norsat 8115 LNB's.

I have another 3.0m dish with Norsat 3120 LNB for C-Band. I will try the LNB_NF value of 1.5db on that dish and the Norsat 3115 LNB and upload a spectrum from a different satellite.

Could you please help to clear up one point? in my last spectrum I did have the tick in the Sm3 box and I used the Windows "Paint" program to save the screen capture?

My procedure to get the picture of the spectrum is to use Ctrl-Alt-Prt Screen to capture the picture, then I open up the "Paint" app on my PC and paste the screen capture into "Paint" and save it. I then upload the saved file to this topic.

What part of your request did I not fulfill?

Perhaps I did not understand this part of your request correctly?

Thank you for your support.

• moonbase,

If you are using IQmoniror ver.2407. so on the spectrum window you have the window at the top right: Spectr. Transp, RF, JPG, Terms, Clean. Check Transp. and press "Save". The spectrum is saved, transponders. in the directory: IQmonitor - Satellites, satellite position 95.0W, Spectrums, and Transponders. Here you will find the stored spectrum and tuned transponders.
    As stephan wrote: you need to read this forum, try and not expect to get everything on the "tray".:101:

Geoposition: 48,71N, 21,92E. Promax Ranger Neo 2, TBS5925 :73: , TBS6983, TBS6903, TBS6903x, TBS6903x V2, TBS6522, TBS5520SE, TBS5927, TBS5590, Prof7301, PF 250cm, ADE antenna 370cm. Full band LNBs: S, L, C: NJS8487S PLL , NJS8488S PLL, X PLL, Ku NJR2842S PLL, Bullseye 10kHz PLL, full Ka band PLL, and other iron for DX reception, 53W - 98E. :68:

• If you are using IQmoniror ver.2407. so on the spectrum window you have the window at the top right: Spectr. Transp, RF, JPG, Terms, Clean. Check Transp. and press "Save". The spectrum is saved, transponders. in the directory: IQmonitor - Satellites, satellite position 95.0W..

I tried to use the "Save" button in the top right corner but got an error message saying that it could not find the correct path to create the save. To get round this error message I saved the spectrum using an alternative method (Ctrl-Alt-PrtScreen -> Paint -> Save ), the picture was OK when uploaded to the forum.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried to use the "Save" button in the top right corner but got an error message saying that it could not find the correct path to create the save. To get round this error message I saved the spectrum using an alternative method (Ctrl-Alt-PrtScreen -> Paint -> Save ), the picture was OK when uploaded to the forum.

Hallo Moonbase

Sie können selber wählen wo Sie alles speichern wollen , man muss nur den Pfad eingeben.

Normalerweise ist es automatisch , vielleicht bei Ihnen am Anfang , haben Sie anders gemacht .

Einfach pfad eingeben , es soll um praktisch zu sein in den IQMonitor Ordner sein , unter Satellite /

position vom satellite /spectrums oder Transponder sein ( Video )

Hello Moonbase

You can choose where you want to save everything, you just have to enter the path.

Usually it's automatic, maybe at the beginning you did it differently.

Just enter the path, it should be in the IQMonitor folder to be practical, under Satellite /

position of satellite / spectrums or transponder (video)

good luck

• strannik

Thank you for the pictures and for taking the time to prepare and upload them.

I can see it now, It is the "Paint" button in the IQmonitor setting panel. It was my error.

I will try this solution with my next spectrum from 100.5E in V polarity, I am running it now.

• Here is a scan of Asiasat 5 at 100.5 East in Vertical polarity.

I tried to get the "Paint" / "Save" option to work in IQmonitor but got an error message. I closed the error message box but could not find out how to save to a new path.

The LNB_NF value was set at 1.5db for the LNB (Norsat 3210) used for the scan.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your spectrum discouraged me ... :28:
    To give an opinion on it, please send IQmonitor_2.ini and StreamReader.log

We'll talk about saving files later, but for now let us know in which folder you have IQmonitor_2.exe

and whether the spectrum is saved on the disk

I'm a good person, but if you still play around with the coordinates, I'll just put you on the ignore list :54:

• Offizieller Beitrag

The newly found transponder is automatically inserted into the old HR spectrum, a transport stream is received, which is transmitted via UDP for analysis to TSReader, and then a proprietary screenshot is taken, which is automatically placed in the database :73:

• Your spectrum discouraged me ... :28:
    To give an opinion on it, please send IQmonitor_2.ini and StreamReader.log

We'll talk about saving files later, but for now let us know in which folder you have IQmonitor_2.exe

and whether the spectrum is saved on the disk

I'm a good person, but if you still play around with the coordinates, I'll just put you on the ignore list :54:

strannik

I do not "play" around with coordinates.

If there were errors with the coordinates it was due to a copy/paste of the IQmonitor program and forgetting to edit the coordinates.

I have entered the good coordinates for the location of the dishes that were used for the scans.

How do you think I can get a scan from 160E to 139W? it is a 299 degree arc, it needs dishes at multiple locations.

I have attached the files you requested. The files are those that were used for the 100.5E scan.

The operational folders for IQmonitor are not directly on the C:\ drive, they are in sub folders.

I could not get the spectrum saved to the disk.

• Offizieller Beitrag

moonbase

You have a very short processing time for one point. The impression that IQ data is loaded incorrectly after BlindScan.

Make FeedReport on a locked transponder, on an unlocked transponder, where there is noise and on "empty" parts of the spectrum.

We need to see how the constellation is decoded.

Writing to the C: drive may be restricted due to lack of administrator rights.
    The date format must be dotted (.) delimited, and time must be delimited (:)
    Otherwise, the program will incorrectly set file names before writing them to the database.

PS

"I do not play around with coordinates, you are not correct with your comment" = False

"You used coordinates 32.5N 115.5E; 50.5N 30.5E; 39N 98.5E; which cannot be the coordinates of your antennas" = True

• strannik

I have made small progress, I now have the "Save" option working.The issue was the local date format on the PC, now updated.

After a fresh blind scan of 100.5E I created two feed reports, one on a locked transponder and one on an empty part of the spectrum.

There were no unlocked transponders to use for a feed report.

I have attached below the 2 x feed reports and a transponder list.

Thank you for your support.

• Offizieller Beitrag

moonbase

Your result shed light on the problem with the TBS 6902. :125:
    But, to be completely sure, you need to repeat your experiment and see the saved spectrum (with a branded title) and saved (with the Save button) FeedReports for the same frequencies (with a branded title).

Then close the program, and in the ini file write :
    [DEVICE]
    S2X_scale = 2.333

Save the ini file and start IQmonitor.
    Check the DVB-S2X checkbox.
    Get and save HR spectrum.
    Get and save FeedReports for the same frequencies.
    Publish 6 reported results from the database here to establish a diagnosis of the relationship between IQmonitor and TBS 6902

Success :74:

• I have a problem getting a spectrum. The LNB of this antenna is connected through 1.0-> 1.1->LNB cascade. When I run the spectrum, the levels are below the RF threshold and the parameters are not automatically detected. With manual (Feed Report) parameters are determined without problems.

The situation is the same in both versions of the program

What's my mistake?

PC card: Omicom S2 PCI

Sat. tuner: UCLAN Denys H.265 Pro Combo

USALS - 75Е - 15 W (0.8 м)

DiseqC 10х1:

85E (Triax TD78), multifeed 60E, 55E, 42E (Triax TD78), 36E (Mabo 0.85), multifeed 13E-5E-4W (Mabo 0.85), 30W (Triax TD88)

• @strannik

Записал видео процесса
    Я просто не успею переместить ползунок.

Процесс завершается быстро так как все пики транспондеров находятся ниже порога захвата.

Запись_2021_01_04_19_10_13_460.zip

PC card: Omicom S2 PCI

Sat. tuner: UCLAN Denys H.265 Pro Combo

USALS - 75Е - 15 W (0.8 м)

DiseqC 10х1:

85E (Triax TD78), multifeed 60E, 55E, 42E (Triax TD78), 36E (Mabo 0.85), multifeed 13E-5E-4W (Mabo 0.85), 30W (Triax TD88)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!