IQmonitor tool

• I have a question, can any of the expert guru's please help?

When I run a spectrum in HR mode I want to get the slider to below the lowest RF level of the spectrum so that all the spectrum is analysed including the low levels. To move the slider with the mouse takes a few seconds to complete and in some instances the HF spectrum mode has travelled past some of the low level signals and not analysed them.

Is there a way to pause the HR analysis so that I have enough time to move the slider to below the RF baseline? I have tried setting the level in the system panel but when I click the spectrum button it seems to go to a default setting and then starts the HR analysis and I lose the analysis of some of the spectrum.

I have attached a screen capture of the spectrum and the system panel below.

Thank you for any support.

• Offizieller Beitrag

moonbase

I will answer the question with a question:

Do you read the IQmonitor tool forum? :26.

If YES, then I have nothing to tell you ...

If NO, then I would advise you to read, especially # 1158, # 1161, # 1162.

If you have no time to read, just set

Noise = -65

By the way, what can you say about messages # 1174, # 1175, # 1176?

Success :3:

• Since today is an evening of questions and answers, then my question to everyone:

Has anyone come across such a constellation in their practice?

Interesting, I haven't seen it yet.:45:

It's like this for me.

I'm also adding something.:26.

Geoposition: 48,71N, 21,92E. Promax Ranger Neo 2, TBS5925 :73: , TBS6983, TBS6903, TBS6903x, TBS6903x V2, TBS6522, TBS5520SE, TBS5927, TBS5590, Prof7301, PF 250cm, ADE antenna 370cm. Full band LNBs: S, L, C: NJS8487S PLL , NJS8488S PLL, X PLL, Ku NJR2842S PLL, Bullseye 10kHz PLL, full Ka band PLL, and other iron for DX reception, 53W - 98E. :68:

• strannik

I will answer your questions.

Q1 - Yes, I read the 1st 10 pages of this topic and I downloaded the manual.

Q2 - Does not apply, answer to Q1 was YES.

Q3 - I have no comment about messages 1174, 1175 and 1176. The reason I have no comment is that I have not repeated the manual blind scan.

I will run the repeat experiment as soon as possible in the next 1 or 2 days.

Now, I have another comment:

The IQmonitor topic is complex, it is 60 pages long and the posts are in several languages.

Some new users of the tool may find it difficult to follow the topic and it is natural that they will have questions.

I ask you my questions as you are the creator of the tool and you know all the answers.

It is a simple logic, for the best answer ask the person with most experience.

Thank you for providing the answer to my question, I will set the Noise Level at -65.

Good health, drink more coffee, if not coffee, drink more vodka !

• 62.6°E_ka

51.5°E_ku (51.5 suth beam & 52 ,52.5 mena )

RF scan is very nice ,but the Ultra_calibrated_spectrum is the best :76:

I don't know , seem that "GET PSD" in IQmonitor _lite is not wrking ?!:25:

test was with the new streamreader 1.2.4.101 :3:

• just checking an old DVB_S2X signal :

RE: 51.5°E Belintersat 1

TBS5521 is not listed in IQmnitor_lite Device list ! ...any way IQmnitor_lite steel work with TBS5521

any way the device used in scan will not be listed in spectrum or feed_repot or Tp_liste in IQmnitor_lite for these Silab_demd cards :88:

67008-51-5e-2101072122-10950-11200-v-jpg

67009-51-5e-2101072122-jpg

• 45.1°E.....not a lot of transponders found here :26.

But it is very clear that a calibrated_RF_sectrum with IQmonitor is better :73:

I can see clearly where they are the Unlocked Transponders even if Crazyscan can't found them :76:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks Peon for the interesting constellations!

Your constellation with 90°E at the IQ pickup point of pairs N = 1 successfully complements my collection with other N :

The constellation obtained with the TBS 6902 card is so similar to the constellation I received with N = 2 that it suggests that the number counting in the TBS 6902 driver does not start from 1, but from 0.

66858-100-5e-20210103-iqm-fr3659v-locked-jpg

I would try to start IQmonitor with TBS 6902 with N = 0 or another number (for example, N = 3), which gives a "normal" signal constellation

As soon as a number N is found that gives an adequate display of the constellation, the IQmonitor program will correctly form the HR spectrum

• Offizieller Beitrag

moonbase For reference, here is a normal spectrum and CS on roughly the same scale. Note that the lower 3 TV signals were manually scanned.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

moonbase

Thank you very much for your reply :26.

I finally understood the essence of the joke about the British gentleman who, about to go to the store, asked:

- dear, what to take in the store?

The wife replied:

- take one loaf of bread, if there are eggs, take five.

Half an hour later the gentleman returned with the words:

- there were eggs in the store, so I bought five loaves :26:

Regarding your warm wishes, I will note two things:

1. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, but we have coffee (both in stores and in my kitchen);

2. The phrase " Good health, drink more coffee, if not coffee, drink more vodka ! "

in translation into Russian means that a person drinks a lot, but he needs to drink more alcohol,

harmful to health, in large quantities. This is an inadequate response to the desire to drink less coffee,

which is harmful in large quantities, and to drink tea, another revered tonic drink in Britain.:70:

Your second spectrum, with NF = 0.75 dB, is worse than the spectrum with NF = 1.5 dB.
    To select more transponders in your case, you need to reduce the SRmin & SRmax values by an order of magnitude (ten times).
    For example, set 100 - 1000 or 200 - 2000 kHz

s-band

Thanks a lot for your spectra. They clearly show what to leave and what to strive for.

In addition, the parameters of its registration are indicated on the professional spectrum,

which correspond well with my recommendations. :74:

• Greetings Yuri.

I did a Feed Report with N = 0 to N = 77 on QPSK modulation. The highest quality is at N = 2. As N increases further, the quality and constellation deteriorate. At N = 7, the constellation is no longer displayed.
    Used TBS6983 card. Satellite 72.1E

At N = 11 no more constellations.

Geoposition: 48,71N, 21,92E. Promax Ranger Neo 2, TBS5925 :73: , TBS6983, TBS6903, TBS6903x, TBS6903x V2, TBS6522, TBS5520SE, TBS5927, TBS5590, Prof7301, PF 250cm, ADE antenna 370cm. Full band LNBs: S, L, C: NJS8487S PLL , NJS8488S PLL, X PLL, Ku NJR2842S PLL, Bullseye 10kHz PLL, full Ka band PLL, and other iron for DX reception, 53W - 98E. :68:

• and 8PSK

At N = 11 no more constellations.

• I did another comparative test of the high resolution spectrum and the classic spectrum, completely automatically without any interventions. The HR spectrum is slower but a lot of new frequencies are visible ...

• strannik

Did the gentleman buy fish to eat with the loaves?

• Bisher nie genutzt und obwohl ich viele Dokumentationen gesammelt und teilweise übersetzt habe, wurde ich bei diesen beiden Funktionen nicht fündig.

Never used before and although I have collected and partially translated a lot of documentation, I did not find anything with these two functions.

and a Feedreport of Hellas Sat for the collection

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von femi ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is the result of my C-Band scans of 121.0 West with Norsat 8115 LNB's.

I didn’t like the spectra, since NF was 3-4 times too low.

You have already received a lot of spectra, but still haven't bothered to try changing the registration parameters, for example, SRmin SRmax.

In the absence of low-speed transponders, dF is unreasonably underestimated. Making dF = 1000 kHz - the time of the formation of the spectra will decrease by 3 times.

You are still too lazy to double click on peaks of unlocked transponders, for example 4000 H

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!