IQmonitor tool

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's a very good question. :73:

On the forum where it was answered and which we visited, to my deep regret, most of the IQmonitor topic was corrupted. :88:

In fact:

- the number Nm is the number of repeated RF measurements at one frequency, works only when the TBS 6983 checkbox is checked.

But you can use this mode with any card that supports the RFscan function. The spectrum registration time increases by Nm times, but the level of thermal noise in the system decreases by the square root of Nm times. In this case, the frequency resolution of the spectrum does not decrease, as it happens when random noise is suppressed by smoothing, for example, Sm 9.

- the checkbox PGC (program gain control ) leads to a partial (linear law) compensation for the decrease in gain with frequency and the elimination of a step at the frequency of the LNB heterodyne change.

:74:

• I didn’t like the spectra, since NF was 3-4 times too low.

You have already received a lot of spectra, but still haven't bothered to try changing the registration parameters, for example, SRmin SRmax.

In the absence of low-speed transponders, dF is unreasonably underestimated. Making dF = 1000 kHz - the time of the formation of the spectra will decrease by 3 times.

You are still too lazy to double click on peaks of unlocked transponders, for example 4000 H

strannik

I am not too lazy to click on peaks, there are no rules in this topic that says it is mandatory to click on peaks.

You are thinking that everyone has to follow your rules, forget that idea, I do not follow your rules.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello,

after all, this is supposed to be about our hobby...

A good tone and restraint in personal judgements towards others is also part of it.

With kind regards

qwer

====

Здравствуйте,

это должно быть наше хобби...

Хороший тон и сдержанность с личными оценками напротив других также принадлежит ему.

С наилучшими пожеланиями

qwer

===

Hallo,

hier sollte es doch schließlich um unser Hobby gehen...

Ein guter Umgangston und eine Zurückhaltung bei persönlichen Wertungen gegenüber anderen gehört auch dazu.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

qwer

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hallo moonbase ,wie gerade qwer gesagt hat , hier ist unsere Hobby.

Seit ein paar Tagen stellen Sie viele Fragen , und Sie haben auch viele Antwort bekommen.

Bei diese verschiedene Antwort gab es unter anderem auch viele Beratung wie man es besser

machen kann um ein bessere Ergebnis zu bekommen.

Anscheinend diese Teil wollen Sie nicht mitmachen , kein Problem .

Warum Frage stellen und danach nichts tun was man Ihnen dokumentiert ?

ich glaube ; ab jetzt brauchen Sie nicht mehr Fragen stellen

Antworte werden nicht mehr kommen ,

warum sollen wir noch antworten??

Hello moonbase, as qwer just said, here is our hobby.

You have been asking a lot of questions for a few days, and you have received a lot of answers.

With these different answers, there was, among other things, a lot of advice on how to do it better to get a better result.

Apparently you don't want to do this part, no problem.

Why ask a question and then do nothing that has been documented for you?

I think ; from now on you don't need to ask any more questions

Answers won't come anymore

why should we still answer?

• Do you speak for the forum in your role as a forum moderator when you say there is no need to ask any more questions?

• moonbase

If you expect help and answers to your questions, then try to respect the requirements of those who advise you.

Otherwise, it is useless to advise and help you.:28:

Geoposition: 48,71N, 21,92E. Promax Ranger Neo 2, TBS5925 :73: , TBS6983, TBS6903, TBS6903x, TBS6903x V2, TBS6522, TBS5520SE, TBS5927, TBS5590, Prof7301, PF 250cm, ADE antenna 370cm. Full band LNBs: S, L, C: NJS8487S PLL , NJS8488S PLL, X PLL, Ku NJR2842S PLL, Bullseye 10kHz PLL, full Ka band PLL, and other iron for DX reception, 53W - 98E. :68:

• Offizieller Beitrag

"This is Digicipher 2 signal. I'm not sure if the TBS card can read this signal correctly?"

IQmonitor program in FeedReport mode does not decode the signal.

It defines the parameters of the transponder in which the signal is transmitted from the satellite.

The program determined these parameters exactly:

If you have a TBS 6983 card, then repeat the scan with the TBS 6983 checkbox checked - this will enable the forecast of signal parameters in the FeedReport mode.

If you only have a TBS 6903 card with the same chipset, then try repeating the scan with the TBS 6983 checkbox checked in the hope that these cards have similar drivers - perhaps you will receive a signal parameters forecast in FeedReport mode. I can’t guarantee you a positive result, but it’s not worth the money to try to mark the TBS 6983 checkbox and make FeedReport 4000 H.

This is not a requirement and not my personal request - this is a recommendation for studying the capabilities and functionality of the IQmonitor program

Good luck!

• strannik

Thank you for your feedback.

I do not have a TBS6983 card for the "West" satellites. I will repeat the experiment with the TBS6983 tickbox checked and run the feed report.

It might be tomorrow before I get back to the USA satellites but I will post the result of the repeat experiment as soon as it is completed.

• I have experimented with the symbol rate settings for my scans of 16.0E in Ka-Band in the hope of trying to lock the frequency of Radio Immaculate Conception. My experiments did not suceed but I can now see the signal.

My original scan was run with symbol rate min - max values of 1000 - 10000.

For my two repeat experiments I reduced the min - max values to 200 - 2000 and to 100 - 1000

Both of my repeat experiments revealed the Radio Immaculate Conception to be present but not able to lock.

Original Scan (min - max of 1000 - 10000

Repeat Scan (min - max of 200 - 2000)

Repeat Scan (min - max of 100 - 1000

Settings Panel (min - max of 100 - 1000)

I will continue with the experiments.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here's my scan of 16E RE: 16.0°E Eutelsat 16A

Radio IC was picked up in the scan but almost impossible to lock using CS. 16dB MER using MiniTioune.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you speak for the forum in your role as a forum moderator when you say there is no need to ask any more questions?

stephan94 is both a topic starter and a moderator of the forum.

He did a lot to popularize and distribute the IQmonitor software and contributed to this in other forums.

He is a long-term friend of mine, I really appreciate his help and I am grateful for bringing me to this forum.

He is always ready to help all conference participants, and I would advise you to be very respectful of his comments.

Relax please :126:

• Offizieller Beitrag

You see, the process has begun - you yourself see an improvement in the spectrum.

Now God himself ordered to double-click on a frequency of 21563700 kHz.

Before that, try to mark the TBS 6983 checkbox - it will not be worse with the TBS 6903 card

Good luck! :3:

• Offizieller Beitrag

moonbase

I carefully considered your spectra and I want to give advice (recommendation)

Try scanning with parameters:

SRmin = 100

SRmax = 6000

NF = 1.5dB

And do not forget, after the end of the scan, double-click on 21563800 and 21607000 kHz, and then Save - Paint - Save

Good luck :3:

• TBS5521 is not listed in IQmnitor_lite Device list ! ...any way IQmnitor_lite steel work with TBS5521

thank to femi :74:

it seem that there is some thing wrong with streamreader 1.2.4.101!!!:25:

device list is always empty in IQmnitor with streamreader 1.2.4.101!!!:77:...no problem with previous version of streamreader !:73:

RE: Neue StreamReaderEX-BDA

any way I have always: TBS5521=device n°0 & TBS5927=device n°1 :26. when I connect both cards in my pc .

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von flie ()

• strannik

Thank you for reviewing my spectra.

I have repeated the experiment twice, once with the TBS6983 box checked and the other without the TBS6983 box checked.

The two frequencies of 21563800 and 2160700 were double clicked to get the feed reports, followed by Paint and Save.

I have attached to this reply my repeat scan results.

Scan Parameters for both repeat experiments.

SRmin = 100

SRmax = 6000

LNB_NF = 1.5db

Spectra 1 is with TBS6983 Mode = Active (checked)

Spectra 2 is with TBS6983 Mode = Inactive (unchecked)

TBS6983 Mode = Active

TBS6983 Mode = Inactive

• Offizieller Beitrag

moonbase

You are very inattentive, I emphasized in the quotes those places that you did not pay attention to:

You see, the process has begun - you yourself see an improvement in the spectrum.

Now God himself ordered to double-click on a frequency of 21563700 kHz.

Before that, try to mark the TBS 6983 checkbox - it will not be worse with the TBS 6903 card

Good luck! :3:

I want to see an HR spectrum in TBS 6983 mode, which shows two FeedReport results in the same mode, and which are saved with first Save. The results after Paint - Save you showed us in your last post

Good luck

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!