• I think we can use linux os not like portable os I think will be better if we start to use linux on pc + tbs's and its will be give us very good performance than with windows+tbs...

Always Linux better than other os's

• Es muss ja egal sein, ob ich ein Linux Betriebssystem auf HDD, SSD oder bootfähigen USB installiere.

Für alle meine Rechner wäre eben die externe Variante die beste.

Freilich sind CD oder DVD wegen fehlender Schreibmöglichkeit nicht optimal.

Mehr als den Vorschlag, den ich schon vor Monaten machte, dies zu ermöglichen kann ich wohl nicht tun.

Dazu kommt noch, dass nicht einmal der Hersteller Linux-Treiber zum Download anbietet, man wird auf github weitergeleitet ....

It shouldn't matter whether I install a Linux operating system on HDD, SSD or bootable USB.

For all my computers, the external variant would be the best.

Of course, CD or DVD are not optimal due to the lack of writing options.

I don't think I can do more than the suggestion I made months ago to make this possible.

In addition, not even the manufacturer offers Linux drivers for download, you are redirected to github ....

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• I think we need not only Linux OS and we need good search for all (drivers etc), and I hope I will help you

HERE

1) Open Source Linux Driver (clickable for download drivers)

2) TBS Open Source Linux Driver Offline Package v20210926 (clickable for download drivers)

...but for good performance from all old Linux users recommend for installed version of that awesome os and not portable, anyway Linux OS

is the future for free and Open Source programs and OS which we can use from Github or Gitlab or etc.

Cheers:3:

Bilder

• github.png

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von OpenFox () aus folgendem Grund: just Linux OS drivers here will on

• So far, I have been using the 2.0.0.1 driver from 2018 for the tbs6903x card, the only one the manufacturer created when the card was placed on the market. Here is a new version of the card-2.0.0.3 from 11.10.2021. I don't know what improvements this driver brings. I haven't installed it yet.

...I´ve trying to install driver 2.0.0.3 on my system here (Win 8), but it not works - can´t install it - so only usable driver is still 2.0.0.1 for me.

Probably I had to update my old Win version to a newer one... :26.

• The driver shouldn't pose installation problems with the latest versions of Windows, but who knows?

I would totally uninstall the previous driver version and install it clean.

I installed the 2.0.0.3 driver on Win 11 :3:

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• I installed the 2.0.0.3 driver on Win 11 :3:

Yep... mine is Win 8.

I would totally uninstall the previous driver version and install it clean.

I will give another try next...

• Yep... mine is Win 8.

I will give another try next...

Geändert hat sich an den so manch negativen Eigenschaften der Karte mit der 2.0.0.3 bei mir auch nichts (W10x64). Selbst wenn du die Installation hinbekommst, wird's nicht viel mehr als Unterhaltung gewesen sein.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• hello friends, who can to do a test again with new drivers a scan with compare with 6903X - please...I want to buy it but really I don't know if this card would be lost any trasnponders like here RE: TBS6903X

...and if its possible, who can test with blindscan on Linux devices with @deeptho software and drivers...
    thanks 

It should be known that each driver version has in mind, either to improve some functions or to solve some bugs, etc. The last version of 6903x introduced only a high symbol rate, over 100000 Ks. I'm sure you are interested in this parameter; there are other interesting ones that only this card has. Of course, besides these exceptional parameters, we also want the 6903x tuner to detect weak signals and lock them more importantly! Which is what you want, but also what we want.

The comparison of signals between cards that femi posted is just an important indicator, but not definitive in classifying cards between them. Because a card must be judged by what the manufacturer has proposed when producing it, but more importantly, what hardware support has that card. Or 6903x has in principle all the ingredients that make it to be the best-performing card currently on the market. But the limitations imposed by the chip manufacturer diminish its potential, disappointing the enthusiast. But the card has something unique that largely compensates for what we want from the card, namely to be a complete device that does not require other palliatives, ie other cards.

Despite what we already know about the 6903x/6909x we are fortunate that CrazyCat for Windows and Deeptho for Linux are doing their best to improve on what the demodulator manufacturer has limited. And one only has to look at the history of CrazyCat's improvements to the card over the years and up to today to see that there is not yet a DVB card on the market capable of doing what no other model will be able to do. And I would go further and bet that it is a card that will remain unique in the reception market for many of us, enthusiasts or simple users. And that's because of the flexibility it has to improve, which the developers mentioned or others are trying to bring. For them, it is also a professional or intellectual challenge that such a card, or others, can provide.

Deeptho brings with the neumoDVB app another approach to improve the card under Linux. The results so far are extraordinary in terms of scanning speed or finding parameters and locking a low symbol rate. He still has work to do to improve his app, or as he says, it is a work in progress.

But coming back to your question, I would answer as follows: if you are just a simple user who wants a DVB card just for watching TV programs, then you can choose another card. And quite a few do the same, especially since professional parameters are not yet widely used in satellite transmissions for regular users. But if you are an enthusiast, then you can't do without this card. But that doesn't mean you have to buy it, and that's because it's not my money, it's yours, and I don't want you to feel sorry that this or that card is not what you expected. And many examples users have been disappointed by this card, even among enthusiasts. And paradoxically, everyone is right in his own way, because the card is expensive for the pocket of many users. Probably the disappointment arises because of too high expectations for the card's price.

And after all, it is not the card that is to blame for not meeting our expectations, but what we think of it.

For an enthusiast, the stid135 chip card is a Must whether it is expensive or has some shortcomings.

As I don't get the UK spot, at 28.2E, I'll do blindscan tests of the tbs 6903x, 6902se, and 6983 cards at 68.5E under Windows, and with the neumoDVB app under Linux only for the tbs6903x card, where my antenna is currently parked.

I don't know how relevant these tests are, but I repeat what I said above in the last words. Each card has to be judged according to the possibilities its demodulator has. Its limitations are known(or maybe not known) only by the designer of the driver and the related applications.

I should apologize for the long text you are reading, but I do this only to the extent that my opinions are wrong. I hope that is not the case.

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• I would totally uninstall the previous driver version and install it clean.

:72: Just for your info: Done, but dirver 2.0.0.3 does not works under Win 8 (on my setup here). Probably, when I change Win 8 to a newer version, it will works, like yours on Win 11.

• This is V2 (without fan) and have a vglna chip. The v1 driver is working without init vglna

The card is not bad, but you should expect that it only partially works with the usual programs or that the scanning times are very long.

This time as a tip, so as not to be disappointed.

Whether this is different with the V2, I can not say.

• thanks for reply, and what we can know from here? is it good or not(I mean VGLNA, becasue I heard about for first time from Yours)

I a, interested about quality of both V1 and V2, and I may suspect that both will be the same in scanning process by TIME, or not?

the next question is, if this card is not so good, then why the manufacturer sells it so expensive, I know. that the chip is expensive, but still, there is a question and it is, where is the best side of this card? How is it unique?

• The little information can be found on github and at crazycat.

I only have the v1 and can't make a comparison.

I think that we as "signal seekers" are not the manufacturer's target group, so the prices will be based on that.

• This is V2 (without fan) and have a vglna chip. The v1 driver is working without init vglna

The card is not bad, but you should expect that it only partially works with the usual programs or that the scanning times are very long.

This time as a tip, so as not to be disappointed.

Whether this is different with the V2, I can not say.

Not on linux with the neumo drivers. Scanning is very fast and will soon be even faster

The v2 version of the card has some problems fixed which manifest themselves in rare case (e.g., some problems on some

multistreams). The VGLNA is actually not needed but supported by the linux drivers

• In einen inzwischen nicht mehr existierenden Board hatte ich schon vor sehr langer Zeit einen bootfähigen USB-Stick mit Programm und Treiber angeregt.

Es blieb bei leeren Versprechungen....

Seitens des Herstellers waren sicher nicht die wenigen Linux-Rechner die Zielgruppe, weshalb es mir rätselhaft ist, dass es unter Windows noch immer nicht funktioniert.

Crazycat klagte über mangelnde Informationen, worauf ich auch TBS kontaktierte. "Man wird Crazycat kontaktieren", hieß es. Ob TBS dies getan hat entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis, bezweifle es aber.

A long time ago, I had suggested a bootable USB stick with program and driver on a board that no longer exists.

It was just empty promises...

On the part of the manufacturer, the few Linux computers were certainly not the target group, which is why it is puzzling to me that it still doesn't work under Windows.

Crazycat complained about a lack of information, so I also contacted TBS. "Crazycat will be contacted," it said. Whether TBS did this is beyond my knowledge, but I doubt it.

• Hi,

Variable Gain Low Noise Amplifier.

Its an IC that sit between input jack and Tuner IC. The purpose it to have an amplifier before tuner.

DVB Cards collector.

Hi, if you have a defective dvb card, with CY68013/SAA7160, STV6100/6110/6111/6120, STV0900/0903/0910/0913, please, do not throw away, contact me to add in my collection.

Thank you. :150:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!