49E incl. Unknown beacon 12725MHz

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone know what this beacon from? It appears to be about 8 degrees above the geo arc at around 49E. The controller is a degree or so out but it's showing 124 az, 25el from near London.

At 2045z it was descending and a couple of degrees away from USA202.

I can not find a beacon listed on 12725MHz. It is either RHCP or linear and quite strong.

Bilder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Based on the az/el you mentioned, it may be the defunct NigComSat 1 (31395), inclination 8.1°, crossing the belt near 44.3°E tomorrow, with a drift of 0.1°W/day.
    Its untimely end (solar array failure) makes me guess, the payload may not have been properly switched off.
    Another observation could confirm or reject my assumption!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von hvdh
    Based on the az/el you mentioned, it may be the defunct NigComSat 1 (31395), inclination 8.1°, crossing the belt near 44.3°E tomorrow, with a drift of 0.1°W/day.
    Its untimely end (solar array failure) makes me guess, the payload may not have been properly switched off.
    Another observation could confirm or reject my assumption!

Many thanks. John (SatsUK) was using a polar mount with inclined tracking and found it at about 43E and 'well above" the arc which is close to 44.3E and high incl. USA202 is similar. I've parked the dish due to high winds but will try again when possible.

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

Confirmed as very likely to be Nigcomsat 1. Tonight's position, at 1945 UTC, at 7.97 Lat. 43.67 Long and ~125 az 26el from near London.

Also confirmed as RHCP.

Today's plot using an LNB and linear feed.

Bilder

40km East of London, UK

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!