11.0°E to 12.0°E Ka Band Craft

• /edit by s-band: Split from RE: 11.0°E Inmarsat-5 F5

Assuming that the information is correct from the NIT, here is a signal from 11° East that could help experimentors modding surplus commercial Ka equipment to get there LO's in the right place and also getting polarity set-ups right. I quickly fabricated a band B Hughes lnb/poloriser lump together the other day and this signal info is making me re-check my installation :77:

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von s-band () aus folgendem Grund: Split from Inmarsat 5 F5 thread

• That's probably the beacon. If so it looks like they haven't switched your beam(s) on yet.

Hmm, I think that's from Sicral 1B which is inclined so wanders a bit. If you've got inclined tracking you may be able to confirm that. I can't demod it as it's above 2350MHz IF but the spectrum plot is from slightly to the east of Inmarsat at 14:20UTC.

I looked on RHCP and there is another 45Ms/s TP on 20325MHz a bit weaker than the LHCP ones. I don't think it was there yesterday as I can see it X polar today and it doesn't show on previous plots. (AN8002 feed on AN8024 today)

It does get a bit confusing - - i think i need a lie down

Using the NIT from this locked freq 20.535 which was seen on the edge of our previous scans it stated 11° E.

I then tweaked the dish position using specificaly the freq 20.535 for maximum

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• ... The mind boggling continues but possibly might help with identifying some sats & positions - Iv'e removed the circ poloriser from the Hughes Band B set-up and done another scan of the ~11° E in Linear only

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Inmarsat 5 F5 thread is getting a bit confusing. From the UK I think we see:

11.0°E Inmarsat-5 F5

11.8°E Sicral 1B

12.0°E Blagovest 4?

Sicral 1B beacon

Pointing at each in turn I did LHCP and RHCP scans. There are a few things to note:

• The cross polar rejection of the feed is only around 20dB
    • The cross polar rejection gets worse if the dish is off axis from the target
    • Due to the scan rate, the TDM signals from Sicral 1B show randomly
    • The sensitivity may not be exactly the same for RH & LHCP
    • The sensitivity tails off by a few dB above 20.5GHz
    • 9E signals are just visible in some plots
    • Sircal 1B's beacon on 20.25GHz is below threshold for the bandwidth used
    • The RF bandwidth was 300kHz and video BW 300Hz
    • Sicral 1B appears to have linear polarisation
    • Equipment used: 1.2m Prodelin Ka Offset dish with Gilat AN8024 ODU

Here are my plots with the dish pointing at 3 craft in the 11-12E region.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!