47.6°E Al Yah 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Lot of peaks in Band A, but no locks (with linear horizontal scan).

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

"No Locked" fake with CrazyScan now... :28:

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I'm looking at the same thing, my band B LNB only goes down to 18.5G. I think it is RHCP but I need to check the polariser position. It appears to be burst mode an frequency hopping. One signal, around 18725 was much stronger than the rest.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm using a modified band B LNB so its sensitivity in band E will be lower but here' a plot covering bands E & A.
    (Using a linear feed)

• Offizieller Beitrag

In circular polarisation now: I don't know which is right and left with these 2 plots. The OMT and polariser are probably not for this band as the X-polar rejection is only about 15dB and I only gained 1.5dB compared to linear. However, there is some structure to the 17930MHz constellation now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a try on CrazyScan Version 1.0.2.146 and Norsat 9000HX-03b-BN LNB.

Nothing for me in circ. scan. (Ka band A works very poor.)

/edit: polarisation

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think this is at 49E and may be Yamal 601 LH & RHCP covering 17.7-18.8GHz with TDM signals. The plot is not normalised and all signals are pulsed. The frequency range is used by Gazprom for internet but I am surprised to see it from the UK. Can anyone confirm the identification?

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• I think this is at 49E and may be Yamal 601 LH & RHCP covering 17.7-18.8GHz with TDM signals. The plot is not normalised and all signals are pulsed. The frequency range is used by Gazprom for internet but I am surprised to see it from the UK. Can anyone confirm the identification?

Can confirm there's L & R pol signals - my arc tracking with a 1224 motor is putting me at 48° East - 'G-Sat 31' / 'G-Sat19' perhaps ?? , but i could be wrong.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Circular left spectrum - no locks.

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

I´m not totally sure, but I got these pulsed signals from position ~47.6°E (on my 1.8m setup)... :426:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I´m not totally sure, but I got these pulsed signals from position ~47.6°E (on my 1.8m setup)... :426:

That may be 47.7°E Nemesis 1 that not only uses Ka band C, but also Ka band A (18.3...18.8 GHz) as found by Feedsat on 13. November 2015.

It's a bit hidden in this Ka band C topic:

RE: 47.7°E Nemesis 1 (P360/PAN)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll re-calibrate the positioner and have another look. USA 207/PAN (35815) is quite different to others in the Mentor/Orion range. It's also not inclined (0.065°), which makes it harder to identify. The signal strength is consistent with it downlinking to the UK and also suggests it's not Yamal 601

https://spaceflight101.com/sno…mysterious-pan-satellite/

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

I agree that it is most likely to be USA 207 (PAN, Nemesis1, NORAD 35815). My calibration must have slipped for the initial report. It appears to have two bands, per polarisation, of 17.7-18.2GHz and 18.3-18.8GHz. The transponder noise is just visible. The plot is based on a 1 minute maximum-held sweep to capture the extent of each transmission cluster. All signals appear to be time variant. The noise floor appears higher than reality due to the capture method however, I am close to the radio horizon and getting about 1.5-2dB ground noise.

40km East of London, UK

• hvdh

Hat den Titel des Themas von „49.0°E Yamal-601 (Confirmation needed)“ zu „47.7°E Nemesis 1 (P360/PAN)“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for checking, I renamed the topic!

Edit 1: it's only now that I see qwer started already this topic for 47.6°E Al Yah 2.

I suppose it is the same signals, should the topics be merged then?

The use of spread spectrum and the strong signals would suggest Nemesis 1, but the use of band E/A suggests Al Yah 2...

Edit 2: Al Yah 2 topic merged into this one.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you hvdh! I think it could be merged in this thread.

:169:

• Offizieller Beitrag

...and in circular right at this time. :168:

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a circular left spectrum in ´21. Nothing in S2X.

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

...and one in circular right (nothing in S2X).

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just my (unchanged) circular left spectrum - Nemesis 1has left this position - probably we should change toppic name here? :69:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just my (unchanged) circular left spectrum - Nemesis 1has left this position - probably we should change toppic name here? :69:

My original waterfall plots (posts 3 & 4) here were all labelled Al Yah 2. Even the one in post 13 has remnants of Al Yah text in my notes. Looking at hvdh list, that's the only thing left with 17.7-20.2 coverage. So perhaps the title should be changed. I doubt it could be Yamal 601 as the beam is unlikely to cover the UK. I don't have Ka on at the moment. but I think this is from the same position on band C:

40km East of London, UK

• qwer

Hat den Titel des Themas von „47.7°E Nemesis 1 (P360/PAN)“ zu „47.6°E Al Yah 2“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!