• Dear, S-!

Great measuring, thank you!

This test good presenting, that "maybe" the too high the "noise" in the your QTH, -69dBm.

But!

As I know that "noise" cannot be higher than -60dBm, this in standard is the base station cases.

Therefore you measuring method dont ideal, because used feed, and scalar, the measuring value too higher. The reason for this is, that

this two elements functioned with gain factor, ergo gain to the "noise" signal.

The precision meauser device this case, the example HyperLOG antenna.

Best regards,

SaTom

Andrew 370 cm PFA (26E/28.2E UK); 2x180 cm PFA (7E EUB,W; 7W NWA,MENA); Parsat 220 cm PFA; Hirschmann 130 cm (26E); SAB 100 cm (52E E,W); Wavefrontier T90 (5W, 4W, 0.8W, 9E, 13E, 19E, 31,5E) Visiosat 96 Gregorian

Dr. HD Grand Triple; Illusionsat M3; iBravebox V7; TBS6903; GoldMaster SR-525; Amiko A5 Combo; GTMedia GT Combo

• Peon:

Bei Plattentests, die ich schon vor sehr langer Zeit durchführte, stellte sich heraus, dass reines PTFE am Besten war.

Dass mir das AVCOMM lineare Signale auf beide Ebenen verdreht, damit habe ich nicht gerechnet.

Bei zirkularen Signalen muss ich das LNB aus den Ebenen drehen, um Empfang zu haben.

Das erscheint mir nicht sehr logisch.

Allerdings war hier nur die Satellitensuche des 3W von Bedeutung, da ich einen linear abstrahlenden Satelliten wollte.

AVCOMM und Platten welcher Art auch immer, sind zusätzliche Störquellen, die ich bei meinem Experiment nicht wollte.

SaTom

Ich gebe dir recht, ich habe nicht viel Wert auf ein schönes Spektrum gelegt.

Die Rauschschwelle hinauf zu setzten wäre nicht das Problem.

Was mich stört, sind die Peaks im Spektrum, die sich keinen existierenden Transponder zuordnen lassen.

Und selbst wenn, stehen sie nicht im Verhältnis zum Nutzsignal, wie es im K- und Ku-Band der Fall ist.

Beendet ist das Experiment ohnehin noch nicht, das Frühjahr ist nur nicht ideal dafür, wegen der zusätzlich vielen Gartenarbeit.

Peon:

In plate tests that I did a long time ago, it turned out that pure PTFE was best.

I didn't expect that the AVCOMM would twist linear signals on both levels.

With circular signals I have to turn the LNB out of the plane to get reception.

That doesn't seem very logical to me.

However, only the satellite search of the 3W was important here because I wanted a satellite with linear radiation.

AVCOMM and disks of whatever kind are additional sources of interference that I didn't want in my experiment.

SaTom

I agree with you, I didn't put much emphasis on a nice spectrum.

Raising the noise threshold wouldn't be the problem.

What bothers me are the peaks in the spectrum that cannot be assigned to any existing transponder.

And even if they do, they are not in proportion to the useful signal, as is the case in the K and Ku bands.

The experiment isn't over yet anyway, spring just isn't ideal for it because of all the extra gardening.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

Dish & Location

N 48.602 E 15.553

240 Irte (Ku/C)

180 Laminas stationär (KaEABCD/Ku/C/X)

180 Laminas mobil (all)

120 Laminas (Ku)

100 (Ku, 1.9°E/7°E), 100 (Ku, 27.5°W), 85 (Ku, 13°E/16°E/19.2°E)

• Hi, Femi!

Yes, the spectrum peaks the one anomaly, may also 5G or any interference. The probelm, if the peaks level higher, with in the Satellite recepted minimum signal.

Few month ago, I writed study in this anomaly, please read it:

netboard.hu fórum

(The study writed Hungarian language, please use translater)

(I love it the garden work, the my firstly hobbi :-)

I have two garden. One small cca. 500 nm, this live me and family, and the vineyard in Balaton, the one hectar. )

Andrew 370 cm PFA (26E/28.2E UK); 2x180 cm PFA (7E EUB,W; 7W NWA,MENA); Parsat 220 cm PFA; Hirschmann 130 cm (26E); SAB 100 cm (52E E,W); Wavefrontier T90 (5W, 4W, 0.8W, 9E, 13E, 19E, 31,5E) Visiosat 96 Gregorian

Dr. HD Grand Triple; Illusionsat M3; iBravebox V7; TBS6903; GoldMaster SR-525; Amiko A5 Combo; GTMedia GT Combo

• Ich habe heute Scans im C- K(B)- und K(C)-Band auf 16°E gemacht, das ist die südlichste Ausrichtung von meinem Standort.

Alle 3 Bänder sollten an dieser Position nicht vorhanden sein.

Die nächsten 5G Sender sind 12 und 20 km entfernt.

Wo auch immer diese Peaks herkommen, der Level sink mit steigender Frequenz.

Today I did scans in the C, K(B) and K(C) bands at 16°E, which is the southernmost orientation from my location.

All 3 bands should not be present at this position.

The nearest 5G transmitters are 12 and 20 km away.

Wherever these peaks come from, the level decreases as the frequency increases.

C-Band

K(B)-Band

K(C)-Band

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

Dish & Location

N 48.602 E 15.553

240 Irte (Ku/C)

180 Laminas stationär (KaEABCD/Ku/C/X)

180 Laminas mobil (all)

120 Laminas (Ku)

100 (Ku, 1.9°E/7°E), 100 (Ku, 27.5°W), 85 (Ku, 13°E/16°E/19.2°E)

• SaTom Here are 2 plots from some tests that I did 2 years ago. Use of 5G has increased since then. I used a portable spectrum analyser with a 23dB gain LNA and a ridged guide horn (9dB gain). I turned the antenna slowly through 360 degrees in both polarisations to capture the max hold trace (blue). The black trace is a singles sweep. The peak on the analyser is about -30dBm. Offsetting for the 23dB LNA and the 9dBi (6.6dBd) antenna gives a level equivalent to around -60dBm peak into a dipole.

One thing that can confuse the issue is the pulse nature of 5G. The plot below shows the time domain signal at one frequency. DVB is very susceptible to the effects of pulse interference as it can prevent or disturb locking.

I put a C band feed on a 1.8m PF dish for the first time in many years. My horizon is limited by trees and is around 55E to 55W. It seems that the 5G is coming from the south east of me. I was using an AV-COMM polariser and an NJS8476EN LNB (3.4-4.2GHz) and the IF cable loss was 6dB at 1.5GHz.

The interference is marked on the RHCP plot from Express AM7 (blue - single sweep, magenta - max. hold). Although there doesn't seem to be any interference on the signal shown on CS, there were times when the BER was non-zero. There is also a curious shape to the constellation. The TV picture was OK. I suspect that the effect on 3739MHz was due to low level intermodulation products or blocking from 5G, possibly in the L band tuner. Note that the spectrum blots below are from 3.4 to 4.2GHz and show negative frequencies since the analyser does not calculate high side translations correctly.

Turning the dish to 55E produced this plot:

Here the peak level out of the LNB was around 0dBm. It's hard to tell what the total power was. At that level the LNB is being overloaded. The major effect of IMD is identified in red. There may also be blocking effect where peak pulses with suppress a wanted signal. In this case, not much would be receivable if there had been a satellite at that location. 0dBm going into an L band tuner will cause even more problems.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el (Not in use) with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed, Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.8m PF, Polar mount with SMW Q-PLL type C or R, Precision/Elite feed
    40km East of London, UK

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!