14.5°W Elektro-L 2 (incl.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Interesting. Andre Can you add frequency and time domain information to the plot, please?

Pictures from Elektro L http://electro.ntsomz.ru/en/

Decoder https://github.com/altillimity…aster/ELEKTRO-L%20Decoder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

Recording bandwidth : >= 31MSPS, something like 40MSPS is preferred

not much sdr can handle this, some usrp can, you know other ones?

I think that Arved, a contributor to the software, uses a Lime. They will do the bandwidth but are not the most reliable SDRs. The AD936x, as used in Pluto, will do up to ~61Ms/s and there are other boards, using those chips, but with limited support. The XTRX will do it but is probably the hardest SDR to use and can not be recommended. There are rumours of a Pluto with Ethernet/USB3 being developed.

Can you add scales to your waterfalls, please?

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

the data is around 7500 MHz

My spectrum (1.2m).

Bilder

• Hi all,

it's very nice to see that more people are looking at this geostationary weather satellite.

Personally, I use a LimeSDR-USB for recording the signal of the satellite. Using a PC with fast storage and a good CPU is mandatory.

I looked at the signal using a 2.4m prime focus dish in the past. It wasn't great due to the fact that the reflector is warped.

I'm currently restoring a new/old 2.4m channel master dish which should take care of these issues.

Seems like about 10dB SNR is required to get a lock in the decoder. For recording about 40 MHz of bandwidth are required.

My only good recording was done at 30MHz which wasn't decodeable (sadly).

I will also update this thread with my personal progress once I am back up and running using the new dish.

Arved M0KDS / N5DMY

• No chance of demodulating using a 1.2m dish in UK. Andre plots show the modulation turning on and off with the carrier when off. qwer, your plot shows it with mod off, I think. This spectrum shows the modulation on and another signal from Elektro on 7747MHz (all LHCP). The other signals on the spectrum plot are from WGS-9 at 12W.

Modulation on

Modulation off

40km East of London, UK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!