Voltage boost in the reputable Crazycat's StreamReader

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would like to share my experience with my colleagues.

For some time now, my computer began to behave rather strangely:

- during work, the screen could go out, the reaction to the mouse and keyboard disappeared. Only the Reset button helped to bring the computer out of this state;

- when the computer was turned on, as soon as the fans were turned on, it again began to try to reboot;

- when rebooting, the computer displayed a BIOS message about Overclocking and the need to disable it on the start screen. After setting all the default parameters in the BIOS, it was possible to reboot ...

In especially "difficult" cases, it was necessary to take out everything that was possible from the computer before launching, starting with a powerful video card Radeon HD 5770, satellite cards and non-system disks. It was possible to start the computer with an "empty" motherboard, and therefore I decided that the matter was in the power supply unit and changed it to a more powerful one. The problems were temporarily resolved, until during the June heat, I again had to empty the motherboard to work on the computer.

But to work on the IQmonitor Pro program, I had to put TBS-6983 in the top slot. Since there was free access to it from below, I was able to try the temperature of the microcircuits on the board with my fingers - oh, horror! They were hot! It was impossible to keep your finger on the microcircuit for more than 5 seconds!

A fan was installed to blow off the tuner and its temperature dropped to 50 degrees, but under the finger the microcircuit quickly warmed up and the finger had to be removed ...

Remembering the BIOS message about Overclocking, I assumed that something was raising the TBS-6983 supply voltage higher than nominal, which was causing the card and the computer as a whole to overheat.

The respected Crazycat's StreamReader.ini has a line in which the LNB supply voltage is increased by 1V:

VoltBoost = 1

;! Voltage boost (+ 1V)

and this value is set by Crazycat itself. I have been using this option for many years and it has never happened.

But my operating system changed: WindowsXP -> Windows 7 -> Windows 10. The latest OS is still self-updating, and I do not know how it reacts to the command to increase the voltage on Volt, which is given by StreamReader.

You can think of this as senile insanity and paranoia, but since I had no other versions, I set the line in StreamReader.ini:

VoltBoost = 0

I worked late yesterday with the TBS-6983 and there were no problems.

And today, turning on the computer, I got scared, because I did not hear the buzzing of the fans and decided that the computer would not boot again ...

But the screen was showing the BIOS and Windows 10 boot procedure! The fans were running, but very quiet. I tried the TBS-6983 microcircuits with my finger - they were warm, about 40°. Enabled Resource Monitor - CPU temperature varied from 36 to 38°.

Since I supplied my IQmonitor program bundled with the reputable Crazycat's StreamReader, I considered it my duty to share this sad and confusing story with my colleagues, and I myself will subsequently supply StreamReader.ini with the line:

VoltBoost = 0

Anyone who works with a wonderful program StreamReader respected Crazycat, I advise you to apply this line

• Ich wollte heute wegen Tests auf 27,5°W nach Wien fahren, daher probierte ich gestern das Laptop nochmals.

Sobald ich dreamdvb startete (nutzt auch den streamreader), hatte ich ähnliche Erlebnisse.

Totales Einfrieren sofort nach Öffnen des Programm war die häufigste Ursache.

Einige der letzten Windows Updates hat die Reparaturfunktion zwar deinstalliert, brachte aber auch nichts.

Jetzt wäre interessant, ob das exklusiv beim streamreader auftritt oder auch bei Programmen, die zum Beispiel die LNB-Spannung erhöhen.

Nochmals Danke strannik für den Hinweis!

I wanted to drive to Vienna today for tests at 27.5 ° W, so I tried the laptop again yesterday.

As soon as I started dreamdvb (also uses the streamreader), I had similar experiences.

Total freezing immediately after opening the program was the most common cause.

Some of the last Windows updates uninstalled the repair function, but did not help either.

Now it would be interesting whether this occurs exclusively with the streamreader or also with programs that, for example, increase the LNB voltage.

Thanks again strannik for the hint!

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• "Only a pale-faced man could step on the same rake twice ..." - said the Indian leader

And after all as correctly said! Yesterday my computer stopped turning on again and I managed to start it after many hours of dancing with tambourines :6: only due to the presence of OS Windows-7 and the sad experience of spontaneous overclocking a computer OS Windows-10 when running

"Только бледнолицый мог дважды наступить на одни и те же грабли..." - сказал индейский вождь

И ведь как правильно сказал! Вчера у меня снова перестал включаться компьютер и запустить его удалось после

многочасовых танцев с бубнами только благодаря наличию OS Windows-7 и печальному опыту самопроизвольного

разгона компьютера OS Windows-10 при выполнении

Zitat

StreamReader.ini has a line in which the LNB supply voltage is increased by 1V:

VoltBoost = 1

;! Voltage boost (+ 1V)

When I managed to enter the BIOS, it turned out that all the supply voltages were increased by 20-25%.

After setting the default parameters and restarting the computer, I have fixed the above option

and ran a test scan of 42°E H polarization.

Imagine my surprise when ALL SNR values decreased by about 6 dB! ! ! :45:

For some reason I immediately remembered

Когда удалось войти в BIOS, оказалось, что все напряжения питания были увеличены на 20-25%.

После установки параметров по-умолчанию и перезагрузки компьютера я заремил вышеуказанную опцию

и запустил тестовое сканирование 42°E H поляризации.

Каково же было моё удивление, когда ВСЕ значения SNR уменьшились примерно на 6 дБ ! ! !

Почему-то сразу вспомнилось

On the spectrum, in addition to the anomalously low value of the RF power, it is striking that the level of the curves is about 6 dB less than indicated on the brands of transponders... :77:

I remembered that StreamReader does not respond to changing the BBGAIN parameter in the *.ini file, although earlier the LNA gain changed from 0 to 16dB:

На спектре кроме аномально низкого значения мощности RF бросается в глаза, то, что уровень кривых примерно на 6 дБ меньше, чем указано на марках транспондеров...

Вспомнилось, что StreamReader не реагирует на изменение параметра BBGAIN в *.ini файле, хотя раньше усиление LNA изменялось от 0 до 16дБ:

Therefore, I became stronger in my opinion that StreamReader only gets worse for my cards from year to year, and StreamReader.ini has turned into a set of fake lines that do not understand how they affect ? to his job

Be carefull! :101: Do not step on the rake that I repeatedly step on :28:

Поэтому я укрепился в своём мнении, что StreamReader год отгода становиться для моих карт только хуже, а StreamReader.ini превратился в набор фейковых строчек, которые непонятно как влияют ? на его работу

Будьте бдительны! Не наступайте на те грабли, на которые я неоднократно наступаю

• yes, strannik really weird bug.

On spectrum shows good dbm value, but on the left side its lowered by 5-6dBm

here it shows good -60dbm

tested also in older crazy scan 1.0.2.160 with 1.2.4.101 streamreader and the same bug happen.

Dish Mabo 180cm Ku 93.5*E-40.5*W(without 76.5*E and 78*E) Ku: Inverto Black Ultra Modified C: Kaonsat KS-N201G
    Prof 7301 S2, TBS 6983
    Poland, Lodz

• I hope I'm not wrong, knowing every problem has its cause. But from your spectrum, it looks like you have terrestrial interference at the lower end of the spectrum.

I have the same problem between 11500-11700 MHz. Around this frequency, the signal is much attenuated by noise, so even at strong signals it simply disappears.

I can give you many examples at many positions, but it's enough to show you how the signal drops that it seems that there is no active frequency.

I use an in-line amplifier to compensate for this attenuation on my long cable.

For example, here's what the signal looks like at 57.0E with and without the amplifier.

And another example at 90.0E, with and without an amplifier:

• 1800 (mobille band) + 9750 (LOF) = ~11550 MHz (interference)
    1800 (mobille band) + 10600 (LOF) = ~12400 MHz (interference)

2100 (mobille band) + 9750 (LOF) = ~11850 MHz (interference)
    2100 (mobille band) + 10600 (LOF) = ~12700 MHz (interference)

Ku-Band: 50°West - 95°East Gibertini OP100 (1,0m)
    Ku-Band: 5°West - 39°East WaveFrontier T90 (0,9m)
    Ku-Band LNB: Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL
    Tuner: TBS 5925&5530&5220, EDISION MIO+ 4K, Mut@nt HD51, Dreambox 900UHD&7020HD

• Nachdem die cut-off Frequenz eines WR75 Hohlleiters (Ku-Band) bei 7,9 GHz liegt, sollte die Interferenz aber nicht feed-seitig sein.

Ist es dann nicht naheliegend, dass dies im Bereich LNB, Kabel oder Endgerät durch mangelnde Abschirmung stattfindet?

Since the cut-off frequency of a WR75 waveguide (Ku-band) is 7.9 GHz, the interference should not be on the feed side.

Isn't it then obvious that this occurs in the area of the LNB, cable or end device due to insufficient shielding?

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!