My polar mount

• Of my receiving equipment, apart from my 1.50m,which I have to admit is amateur made in the 90's, which I am happy with, I have to add the polar mount. With it I can move the antenna from an eastern to a western end without any problems. The polar mount rests, as you can see from the picture, on a hoop I took from a tractor and adapted for my antenna and mount.

What's interesting about the mount in the picture is that all angles (elevation, offset, etc) can be fine-tuned with the help of a single wrench. Such a mount helps a lot and doesn't create problems at very low elevations, as with many antennas that have user-made mounts but often fail to go down smoothly at low elevations.

Because of the building regulations, it is forbidden to install antennas directly on the roof surface, so I installed the antenna on a wall. Also because of this regulation, I can not install larger antennas, as I would like. Because of this the reception performance is not great either.

The antenna is fixed to the wall on a bracket with several support points (arms), as can be seen in the picture, which can be dismantled piece by piece.And for more than 20 years it has withstood so much weathering and mechanical stress.

The bad part is that although the antenna is open to all positions on the arc, it is in the proximity of many mobile antennas, which reduces its performance, especially in C-band, and the distance from the antenna and my receiving devices is 85m.

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!