New member and personal contributions

• Hi all, nice to join with this wonderful forum and satellite community ! I'm a sat enthusiast since 1994. I've been working in Sky Italy and now in a teleport, always with satellite signals.

Thank you.:51:

• Hi Paolo71,

You are welcome to this dx forum. I hope your professional experience in this field will enrich and stimulate us. I wish the same goes for you.

Let it be as you wish.

Regards :74:

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Hi Paolo71,

welcome to our forum.

I'm really curious about the knowledge from someone who works on the other site of the transmission :)

BTW do you know something about Generic Streams, Continuous Streams, GSE maybe?

• Hi, my passion for satellite, video, audio and photography made me start working (with some luck) in television. I'm not an engineer but a self taught enthusiast. Really I found out that technology and digital tv is so complicated and wide. At the moment I have a modest knowledge about DVB, DAB, satellite signals, digital and analog trasmissions, but I repeat not like an engineer. Anyway my first time I had a satellite commercial set (classic 80cm dish + analog receiver) it was 1994. I keep on understanding digital trasmission in TX and RX. One thing is to receive a signal, other one is to transmit.....I understood a lot of new things ! Today digital technology on tv uses most of the signals via IP and via Sat. What we watch on TV is a long path from the origin to the final destination. It's not a simple transmit to the satellite (or via terrestrial) directly. The signal has to pass through encoders, signal generators, HPA (High Power Amplifier), often via rtmp or Zixi encoders, till the final direct signal received by a STB. Anyway I will try to give my personal contributions to help someone to have a comparison with signals and other things, with its own satellite system, around the world.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!