• Neue Karte (TBS6904SE) - neues Erlebnis: New card (TBS6904SE) - new experience: Новая карта (TBS6904SE) - новый опыт:

Im Gegensatz zur TBS6903x wird ein Spektrum gezeichnet. Der Blindscan läuft sehr schnell, allerdings dessen Optik und Werte lassen zu wünschen übrig.:54:

Nach geschätzten 3/5 Scan kommt die Fehlermeldung.

In der streamreader.log steht "blindscan not supportet"

In contrast to the TBS6903x, a spectrum is drawn. The blind scan runs very quickly, but its appearance and values leave a lot to be desired.:54:

After an estimated 3/5 scan, the error message appears.

The streamreader.log says "blindscan not supported"

В отличие от TBS6903x спектр нарисован. Слепое сканирование выполняется очень быстро, но его внешний вид и параметры оставляют желать лучшего.:54:

После примерно 3/5 сканирования появляется сообщение об ошибке.

В streamreader.log написано, что слепое сканирование не поддерживается.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von femi () aus folgendem Grund: Anhang gelöscht, da er zum Thema IQMonitor gehört

• Hi femi :3:

I don't have the 6904Se card to compare to 6902se, so I'm not sure, but I think the error appears on your card due to the fact that IQmonitor does not have the BLScan2 option. Check with EBS because it has this option.

The tbs6904se card has the same demodulator as 6902, but I don't know if BLScan and IQScan are functional on your card.

Here's what it looks like on my 6902se.

Bilder

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Mein Beitrag gehört zum IQMonitor, da es um dessen Fehlfunktion mit der TBS6904SE geht.

Wenn ich ein Referat über die Karte halten wollte, hätte ich einen neuen Thread eröffnet.

Ich werde jedenfalls hier (dieser Thread) keine Erfahrungen zum IQMonitor mehr abgeben. Ob ich es dort tue, wo es sein sollte, lasse ich mal dahingestellt.

Der andere Beitrag in 6902SE ist nur als Hinweis für gleiches Verhalten der 6904SE zu verstehen.

My contribution belongs to the IQMonitor because it concerns its malfunction with the TBS6904SE.

If I wanted to give a presentation about this card, I would have opened a new thread.

In any case, I will not give any more experiences with the IQMonitor here (this thread). Whether I'll do it where it should be, I'll leave it open.

The other entry in 6902SE is only to be understood as a hint for the same behavior of the 6904SE.

Мой вклад принадлежит IQMonitor, потому что он касается его неисправности с TBS6904SE.

Если бы я хотел сделать презентацию об этой карте, я бы открыл новую ветку.

В любом случае, я не буду здесь рассказывать о IQMonitor (эта ветка). Если я сделаю это там, где должно быть, я оставлю это открытым.

Другой элемент в 6902SE следует понимать только как намек на то же поведение 6904SE.

Contribuția mea aparține IQMonitor deoarece se referă la defecțiunea acestuia cu TBS6904SE.

Dacă aș fi vrut să fac o prezentare pe hartă, aș fi deschis un nou thread.

În orice caz, nu voi mai oferi aici experiențe cu IQMonitor (acest thread). Fie că o voi face acolo unde trebuie, o voi lăsa deschisă.

Cealaltă intrare din 6902SE trebuie înțeleasă doar ca un indiciu pentru același comportament al lui 6904SE.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• Noch immer nicht besser

Still not better

CS 170 / SR 1.2.4.124

• IQScan alles gleich

IQScan still the same

CS 171 / SR 1.2.4.124

• IQScan is not yet supported, though both parameters can be found without manual input.

Useful for m88rs6060 devices after RFScan and BlindScan.

Here is a test with tbs6902se Used CS1.0.2.171 & SR 1.2.4.124

C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,

• Zitat

CrazyScan 1.0.2.171 - https://sourceforge.net/projects/crazys ... zyScan.rar

* Set closest transponder params (Freq, SR) for IQScan dialog. Useful for m88rs6060 devices after RFScan and BlindScan.

Posting from Crazycat, yesterday

:125:not supported

On 39°E 10860 V 14000 ist a QPSK2 Transponder

but here nothing with the 6904SE, and crazy with the 6908 card

• I would have liked you to present the 6904se card, as I did with the 6902se. Of course, with some comparisons between the two cards based on the same M88RS6060 demodulator. Maybe that's how I understand why you have problems with your card. For example, I do not know why you can not lock the signal directly with the latest version Crazyscan(1.0.2.171) and StreamReader(1.2.4.124)?

I do not know if it can help you, but I thought to put a video again with 6902se using the same Crazyscan(1.0.2.171).

May add the fact, maybe not unimportant, that I use the driver's CrazyCat and not the TBS.

The driver version for the 6902se installed is 1.0.0.2, not digitally signed.

I do not think it matters, but I mention my card works under Windows 11.

Try Crazyscan 1.0.2.171 and SReader 1.2.4.124! :3:

• The 6904SE and also the 6903x dont lock 10860 V at 39°E :25:, also not manually!

First the scan with 6904SE is slower than with 6908, but still a "normal" time.

The blindscan takes a while to start.

All tests, including the previous ones, were with Crazyscan 1.0.2.171 and StreamReader 1.2.4.124

Scan with IQM possible, no BS and no Feedreport

• I scanned with Crazyscan 1.02.171 to 39.0E with the card 6902se, just as you did, with 6904se. There's no difference between both cards when checking. Cards 6902se or 6904se cannot lock transponder 10859 V because it has the S2X extension, especially as it has generic stream. Such a card does not support this stream, just data/packetized. So your card usually works with this latest version of Crazyscan. Lock with 6903x.

On this occasion, allow me to express an opinion. With the "Mark width" option enabled in Crazyscan, the spectrum with the transponders found by the app impresses more than it helps those who want to read the parameters found. This function helps those who want to analyze the band of a transponder. Activated only for the artistic impression when there are many close transponders, everything seems confusing and useless.

The first time I used Crazyscan, many years ago, I left this function active, but found that it even bothered me when I found a lot of transponders. Since then I always uncheck it when another version comes out.

Of course you do what you think is right :3:

Here's what the spectrum looks like at 39.0E with the 6902se card and 10859 V locked with 6903x.

• Ich hatte zwar nicht darauf geachtet, aber in all meinen CS scans war/ist "mark width" aktiviert.

Meine 6904SE sollte zumindest teilweise, wie auch die 6903x, S2X Signale auswerten können.

https://tbs-technology.de/shop…iten-TV-Karte-TBS-6904-SE

All diese Karten umfassen aber nicht die kompletten S2X Möglichkeiten.

Die 6903x habe ich nur mal rausgehalten, weil ich mir womöglich wieder anhören muss alles zu mischen.

Dennoch ist es nun wichtig, weil es um die Funktion der 6904SE geht.

Der Transponder 10860 V ist ganz eigentümlich, vorallem weil die 6908 das Signal verarbeitet.

Letztendlich würde auch das Nichterkennen durch die 6904SE für eine andere Modulationsart als S2X sprechen.

Vielleicht kann sich feedsat dieses Transponders annehmen und Klärung bringen.

I didn't pay attention to it, but in all my CS scans "mark width" was/is activated.

My 6904SE should at least partially be able to evaluate S2X signals, like the 6903x.

However, all these cards do not cover the complete S2X possibilities.

I only kept the 6903x out because I might have to listen to it again to mix everything.

However, it is now important because it is about the function of the 6904SE.

The 10860 V transponder is very peculiar, mainly because the 6908 processes the signal.

Ultimately, the non-recognition by the 6904SE would speak for a different type of modulation than S2X.

Maybe feedsat can take care of this transponder and bring clarification.

Nu i-am acordat atenție, dar în toate scanările mele CS „mark width” a fost/este activat.

6904SE-ul meu ar trebui să poată evalua cel puțin parțial semnalele S2X, cum ar fi 6903x.

Cu toate acestea, toate aceste carduri nu acoperă posibilitățile complete S2X.

Am ținut 6903x afară doar pentru că ar putea fi nevoit să-l ascult din nou pentru a amesteca totul.

Cu toate acestea, acum este important pentru că este vorba despre funcția 6904SE.

Transponderul de 10860 V este foarte ciudat, în principal pentru că 6908 procesează semnalul.

În cele din urmă, nerecunoașterea de către 6904SE ar vorbi pentru un alt tip de modulație decât S2X.

Poate feedsat se poate ocupa de acest transponder și poate aduce clarificări.

Я не обращал на это внимания, но во всех моих сканах CS "ширина метки" была/активирована.

Мой 6904SE должен хотя бы частично анализировать сигналы S2X, как и 6903x.

Однако все эти карты не покрывают всех возможностей S2X.

Я исключил 6903x только потому, что мне, возможно, придется слушать его снова, чтобы все смешать.

Однако сейчас это важно, потому что речь идет о функции 6904SE.

Транспондер 10860 В очень своеобразный, в основном потому, что 6908 обрабатывает сигнал.

В конечном счете, нераспознавание 6904SE будет говорить о другом типе модуляции, чем S2X.

Возможно, Feedsat сможет позаботиться об этом транспондере и внести ясность.

6903x

6904SE

Constellation Monitoring

• Only the 6903x card can lock 10859 V, and, as I pointed out in #28 (see above), the 6902se card, including 6904se, has the disadvantage that it is restricted ACM/VCM support (transponders detected as CCM always). Or this transponder has a generic/continuous stream in ACM/VCM mode (see screenshot).

So 6902se does not support this type of stream. Nor can cards with demod Silab.

But in this regard, it is best to consult CrazyCat's page, with the cards fully or partially supported by Crazyscan and Crazyscan2. In fact, I would recommend those who want to buy a dvb card to read this page before buying one of them!

You probably have CrazyCat's driver for tbs6904se, and if not, try m88rs6060 firmware + self-signed 6904SE driver 1.0.0.2

I too have installed and use the 1.0.0.2 driver, but for the 6902se card. Who knows, it might help.

ps_I had read somewhere that one of the Montage demodulators supports for the ABS-S system. Unfortunately, my antenna is too small to check the transponders at 92.2E, which uses such a reception system. Does anyone know anything?

• Today I tested the 6904SE and 6903x with the latest streamreader 1.2.4.127.

For these cards is still the same ... :88:

• I managed to obtain a tbs6904SE card and wrote a driver for the neumoDVB software.

It is almost finished. Currently it is ahead of CrazyScan's driver:

-better spectrum (and equally fast). 187KHz resolution. See below for a piece of the spectrum on 5.0W. Strangely enough the

mux near 11600H is missing in crazyscan. Note that 6903X and 6909X provide even

better spectrum.

-PLS autodetection (fast! 30 seconds or less) and blindscan working

-pretty fast overall

Also

-multistreams work

-Alouette (low symbolrate mux) also works

-stream parameter detection

Not working:

-IQ scan. Perhaps not supported by the card, but I need some clues to make it work and currently I have run out of inspiration

Other things like continuous streams: not tested. Perhaps not working

-putting the card to sleep and waking it up again

Only works on linux, but linux is great.

• Deeptho,

Thanks for the good news that you created the driver for the 6904se (and 6902se) card on Linux :76:

-It should be known that transponders 11593 H,34282,13/18,S2X and 11634 H,34285,etc are on Eutelsat 5 West A and appear in certain hourly intervals due to the inclined sat.

-Also on Windows the scan time with 6902se for PLS is fast. Here is a video of the MIS PLS scan at 5.0W.

But I'm happy with your achievement on Linux.

-Crazyscan has not yet provided support for IQscan on Windows. Actually this card does not have full support on Windows yet,but what Crazycat has achieved so far on Windows is very promising.

-Indeed continuous streams are not supported by these cards (6902se and 6904se).

ps_

(I'm not sure it can help you, but I've made a presentation of the 6902se card here. Much of what I say there is also true for the 6904se, due to the fact that both have the same chip)

Regards

• Satesco,

6902SE and 6904SE are almost the same, so what works on one will work on the other.

Of course windows and linux should make little difference because it is the same card.

What I tried with crazyscan was to click on the graph and then try to blindscan. No pls code found and no lock.

You seem to do something different: first scan, then blindscan, and only then click on the graph showing the

window where you can start testing (with "No IQ support") and then entering some numbers. So probably that explains it.

It is nice to see the progress there as well. Last week I had no success. probably wrong drivers. The tuning windows

even crashed, but not anymore.

Does AltDVB use the same crazycat drivers or are these separate?

• Deeptho :3:,

Indeed the procedure for scanning PLS transponders at 5.0W with Crazyscan is different under Windows than on Linux, as you can see from the video. With the 6902se card you don't need to know this code, because it detects it automatically. We must admit that CrazyCat's solution is very good and saves the user from complicated maneuvers.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

The AltDVB player uses the Altx and CrazyCat driver. The user has the advantage of choosing which interface he wants when starting the player. With both it can scan and auto detect PLS and PLP codes. To my knowledge (I hope I'm not wrong), 6904se & 6902se are so far the only dvb cards that find the codes without looking elsewhere.

Test PLP at 54.9E and PLS at 5.0W with this player.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

Regards :70:

• Satesco,

the neumo drivers also find the pls code and then show them on screen (no need to re-enter). I think the main difference

for these cards, compared to others, is the hardware support for PLS scan. This means it can go 50 times faster.

In theory tbs6909x could find the code in an hour or two (or 8 times faster if all demods share the work). The main problem is that

the code may not be very reliable. If it tries the right PLS code and then randomly fails to lock, another couple of hours would be needed.

I think apart from this hardware support the approach may be pretty similar: trying all possible codes. That should not be absolutely needed because there are ways to speed this up. Probably all that would be needed on the tbs6909x/tbs69093x would be to exploit the "versatile tuner mode" of these chips, but I never got it working and I think that might require changes to the fpga code. Just guessing. That versatile tuner mode could be useful for other things such as narrow band signal analysis/decoding

Of course there is no big need for all of this, given the limited use of PLS.

The problem with the m88rs6060 used in tbs6904se is lack of documentation. I suspect it can do other hidden things. It would not surprise me

if IQ scan is possible.

Of course there is no big need for all of this, given the limited use of PLS.

The problem with the m88rs6060 used in tbs6904se is lack of documentation. I suspect it can do other hidden things. It would not surprise me

if IQ scan is possible.

Despite the lack of (real) documentation for this chip, Deeptho's driver for the tbs6902se card (also valid for 6904se) works very well. This underlines, even more, his merit to provide us with his application to use DVB cards under Linux.

It is in fact the first complete application of this kind on this system, comparable to what Crazyscan does on Windows. This comparison between two applications working on different operating systems (Windows & Linux) was prompted by my test with the Neumodvb app on Ubuntu 5.0W, which scanned, found the PLS code, and locked the signal on the Italian and French MIS transponders. Timing and finding multistream are almost the same as on Windows.

Also with the new driver, the neumodvb app can scan and lock low symbol rate signals, like the one at 11465 H,667,3/4,8PSK, which gives us a radio package. I managed at one point to see the signal at 11454 H,542,1/2, the same as on Windows with Crazyscan, about the same level. Probably a more sensitive tuner could have locked this low symbol rate too.

We have to be grateful to Deeptho for offering us his application to better exploit, under Linux, the hardware capacity of many dvb cards which until now were designed by the manufacturer TBS more for streams.

I wish him good health and personal success :70:

• :3::66:deeptho thank you brother for your work with this driver and for your software...
    THANK YOU !
    I hope that you will not stop and write a driver for TBS6903x, and it would really be amazing, and our entire team of the satellitecommunity could confirm my words

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!