WFOV (USA 332)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Waiting for first TLE's of yesterday's Atlas 5 launch, with two USSF satellites.
    The WFOV (Wide Field Of View) Testbed satellite will augument the SBIRS series, and will also be part of a successive infrared early warning satellite series.

• Offizieller Beitrag

SBIRS-Geo 2 is now around 27W.

WFOV (USA 332) TLEs are available and it's around 25.7E and heading west. Unlike the SBIRS satellites, it's inclination is very small.

I can't see anything 17.5-20.7G RHCP.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

WFOV (USA 332) TLEs are available and it's around 25.7E and heading west. Unlike the SBIRS satellites, it's inclination is very small.

I can't see anything 17.5-20.7G RHCP.

Glad there is a TLE finally. I wonder if this satellite will become GEO at all, or drift forever?
    It must have chemical propulsion to bring inclination down to 0° in the 2 weeks since launch, but it still drifts West over 6°/day.

Edit: the launcher already circularized the orbit and brought inclination to 0°.

Didn't find much details about WFOV here, but maybe I didn't look well enough:
    https://forum.nasaspaceflight.…dex.php?topic=50618.0;all

Didn't find much details about WFOV here, but maybe I didn't look well enough:
    https://forum.nasaspaceflight.…dex.php?topic=50618.0;all

Thanks hvdh for the link..:3:

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I moved the messages about WFOV to this new topic in Satellite starts.

To summarize, the satellite launch ID was USSF-12 by Atlas-V541 launcher on 1 July 2022
    Int. Designator 2022-073A, NORAD 52940.

Recent posts at Nasaspaceflight forum:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

https://www.millennium-space.c…de-field-of-view-on-orbit

“First acquisition was right on time utilizing the Space Force’s Satellite Control Network,” said Lisa Anderson, NRL’s lead for the mission.
    “We look forward to getting WFOV to its operational location and conducting checkout with the dedicated WFOV antenna located in Geraldton, Australia.”

The launcher brought WFOV directly into circular orbit with 0° inclination, but well above GEO, so drifting 6.4°W/day,
    On 21 August was a first correction by the WFOV itself, the altitude was brought down to 36140 km, drifting 4.5°W/day.

The quote message above suggests WFOV will finally go down to GEO (35786 km), and stay visible from Western Australia.
    It may end up below horizon in Europe.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the update. I'm getting AoS on 8th Sept using Gpredict with yesterday's TLE (assuming that no changes are made)

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've set the horizon to 15 deg but if they stop at 66E I won't be able to receive it. I lose the geo arc at around 55E and only get inclined satellites beyond that.

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, you´re right, I never found a signal/spectrum there on 66.2°E, as far as I remember it.

• WFOV has stopped drifting already at 119.25°E, well out of reach for most of us.

Laminas 120cm 1°W...68°E, T-55 9/13/19/23/28/39/42/45°E.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!