Feedhorn/Waveguide/Scalar Ring

• Ustawiłem lnb specjalnie dla Badra i Nilesata 201:51:

Moje ustawienia lnb dla tych satelitów są stałe.

Używam kołnierza Inverto white ultra nie pojedynczego, ale podwójnego.

I oryginalne zasilanie dla anteny głównej kanału 240 cm.

Tutaj liczy się odległość od środka anteny i lekkie nachylenie

konwerter dla tych elementów.

Na wiosnę zamontuję antenę Laminas 2710/3010 z ruchomym feed zasilającym

• Dear DX amateurs!

The last one year, significant changes the U.K beams parameter. Several transponder, and/or frequency dramatically difficult to reception became in (also) Hungary, many cases the system mode DVB-S to S2 , FEC 2/3 to 5/6, and the modulation QPSK to 8PSK changed, this increased C/N Lock value.

However,

"The new challenges require new solutions", therefore I decided, that design the special waveguide, and for it one modificated LNB converter also. In design important was a point of view, that the biggest efficiency factor, come in the low band frequency range, therefore i planned also three tuning elements.

(This frequency band wich the most difficult receipting.)

When I finished the design, sending to my friend zoro67 the drawing, and the produced it the prototype parts. (Thank you Zoro67, nice work!)

The produce technical drawings, the produce pictures, and the "How it work?"

The first attachment, one technical drawing, the "IDLP SFLANGE LNB plan cuting_low_res.png" picture. This plan presenting with the Inverto White Tech IDLP S-Flange S/N: P08 series original and modificated plan version. In the plan upper sides two the original, the lower is the modificated LNB showing.

The second attachment, the "Inverto White Tech IDLP_S_Flange_P08_Original.jpg" picture. This picture presenting to the original Inverto White Tech LNB. It can be seen that here the flange and the waveguide are also part of the LNB.

The third, and the fourth attachements, the "Mod_Inverto_White.jpg, Mod_Inverto_White_II.jpg". This pictures showing the modificated LNB cover, with the new screw probe console. (Technically, removed the LNB flange and waveguide elements, then produced, and aplied the new screw probe console. This solution allows you to, that the probe the size of the part of extending into the waveguide can be adjustable, which can thus be changed according to the wavelength of the frequency (more precisely well as the λg). This is the first tuning option, λ/4 to λ/2.)

Fifth, and sixth attachment, the "Mod_Inverto_PCB.jpg, Mod_Inverto_PCB_new probe.jpg" pictures, this showing the modificated LNB PCB boards. (Technically, I removed the Vertical and Horizontal probe, then I had a 14K gold probe with a suitable cross-section and length manufactured, which put in to the Vertical probe place.)

Seventh attachment, the one picture the definitively modificated LNB "Mod_Inverto_White_with_probe.jpg". (The probe is longer than the console. The protruding probe part, extends into the waveguide when assembled.)

Eighth attachment, one technical drawing, the "Waveguide for IDLP_low_res.png". This picture showing the specially waveguide. (The circular waveguide inside diameter (λg), calculated for the low KU frequency band. )These drawing have it more also elements, with the adjustable back short circuit plate, and the reactive screw adjustment, for the best tuning. (This is options, the second and third tuning options. The three tuning element, together, it makes it possible to achieve the best RF power, SWR and reactance factors, ergo the best available reception performance.)

The ninth attachment, the "Specially_waveguide.jpg" picture. This is picture presenting the definitively produced waveguide device. (In the the Backshort plate outside, a little milling is visible, this can be adjusted with a screwdriver. This is the option, for the backside reflection adjustment. And with the screw, can be adjusted the inductive or captive reactance.)

I hope you liked the presntation, I welcome questions, corrections, and/or the comments.

Of course, the project it didn't end, we still have a lot of tests and technical clarifications ahead of us. As soon as the successful tests performed in the home environment are completed, I presenting also the reception reports. :-)

Best regards,

SaTom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!