• Offizieller Beitrag

Novelsat latest news:

NovelSat announced plans to demonstrate its new NS4 waveform at SATELLITE 2015 and NAB this year. According to the company, NovelSat NS4 offers 45 percent higher spectral efficiency than Digital Video Broadcasting-Satellite Second Generation (DVB-S2).
    NovelSat intends to commercially release the waveform in the third quarter of 2015. The product requires no hardware upgrades and will be available as an over-the-air software upgrade on all NovelSat devices.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This last days, I have been able to play and use with NS3 receivers.
    (each cost 7000€,nearly the same for the modulator)
    These receivers will be upgrade to NS4 in september.

FYI: The NS3 Receiver for EBU @ 10°E and 55.5°W cost 18000 €...

few pictures :

• Hi Feedsat,

I think you are envied by many enthusiasts as you played with such receivers.If you still have you played with NS3,what have you noticed in particular to him?I suspect that he did not know blindscan. You haven't got screenshot at least from 10E?
    In so far as that you may have access to such receivers,please keep us up to date.I really want to see him at work.
    Best regards

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von satesco
    Hi Feedsat,

I think you are envied by many enthusiasts as you played with such receivers.If you still have you played with NS3,what have you noticed in particular to him?I suspect that he did not know blindscan. You haven't got screenshot at least from 10E?
    In so far as that you may have access to such receivers,please keep us up to date.I really want to see him at work.
    Best regards

I am so sorry Satesco, I just realized you have posted few questions .

My answers: of course, no blindscan , all done manually or by the embedded web server (IP).

10°E is impossible, EBU use a 72 Mhz transopnder (same as 55.5°W) and the receiver cost at least 17000 €....

the NS3 demodulators on the pictures are not cheap 2...: around 10000€...

sorry again for my late reply.

• Novelsat - a very interesting topic. Feedsat ... would you like to write a little more about it? Two years have now passed. Surely the only one with this hardware.

Which IRD exactly and which software do you use? If you want to see EBU feeds in perspective ... will have to buy Novelsat.

Do you have exact type names for the NS4-IRD ... for 7E and 10E. Prices were fierce.

From your tsreader pictures I see the most novelsat feeds are also BISS encrypted ...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,
    IRD is the same for NS3, NS4, etc, the only things required are the licences, firware and hardware up to date .

Yes, it s true most of the feeds are in BISS and few more in Tandberg. The UHD are FTA but easy to understand: 4 X H264 .

But I don t really care about the streams content, I am a DXer/ feedhunter, not a sports fan.

For 10°E it still in NS3 and also for EPL and Bundesliga feeds.
    Hypermux have switched to NS4 one month ago

Next step is TSoIP but this is another story...

Regards

• Hi Feedsat,

I wanted to know the exact name of your hardware. Manufacturer, type, etc. I can not find a novelsat integration with well-known manufacturers like Ericsson. ATEME DR5000 already. Do I make a mistake?

And what software you use. I would also like to see the content ... not just DX. I have thus expected with 7,000 to 8,000 euros. 17,000 euros I can not understand.

The signal output (ASI) direction TV is certainly also difficult?

Greetings

• Offizieller Beitrag

Too busy irl at the moment. Back to you asap.
    But as a new member, your contribution to this toppic will be apreciate..

/edit by qwer: Sorry, LINK disappeared with changed forum software on 01.08.2020.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, most of your wuestions have their answer in this forum

The Receiver is the Novelsat NS2000
    FW and HW up to date, no ACM licence for mine (grrr)

The price depends of the licences you need.
    NS3 or NS4 are not available on other receivers (ATEME, ericsson etc.)

You can use the ASI out to a modulator , demodulator, etc (if the High bitrate is supported for the Hypermux)

The NS3/4 is just a modulation type, when it's demodulate you can use any hardware or software for a deeper analyse of the content.

• Hi Feedsat,

Thanks for the answer. I wonder ... does the EBU / Novelsat sell such hardware plus licenses at all to private people? I can not imagine that.

You have your equipment surely not as a private people acquired? I think in any case.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!