Blagovest Series

• Offizieller Beitrag

45.00°E Blagovest 1

Does anyone have details of the Q band downlink & beacon for this satellite? The only reference I have found with any detail is this pdf which has a picture of the Q band filter

https://www.thalesgroup.com/si…ent/rfpasiva-ed15_eng.pdf

hvdh: fixed link

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von s-band () aus folgendem Grund: Satellite reference restored

• s-band

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Q-band beacons“ zu „Blagovest Series“ geändert.
  • I tried the Q band down converter on the 1.2m dish. The feed under-illuminates so it's probably equivalent to a 0.6m dish.

I scanned 45E and 12E over a range of 39.2-41GHz with fixed vertical (at 0E) polarisation. I tried wide bandwidths of 1 & 5MHz which would show wide transponders - nothing. Similarly, I could not see anything in narrow bandwidths but did not spend long on that. Q band can describe 38-50GHz so, even if something is pointed this way, I may not have hit the right band.

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

• The paper is a little confusing due to the wording but I think that the only downlinks are in Ka band with the uplink at 43924-44524 MHz. Page 5 has this about the ground stations:

The Ka/Q dual-band irradiation system has the following characteristics:

at signal transmission frequencies (43.924-44.524 GHz) – left circular polarization;

at signal receiving frequencies (19.172-19.792 GHz) – right circular polarization;

and this:

A Ka/Ka dual-band irradiation system has the following characteristics:

at signal transmission frequencies (27.510-27.804 GHz) – left circular polarization;

at signal receiving frequencies (17.710-18.004 GHz) – right circular polarization;

Given that the coverage area is Arctic Russia, I would not expect much signal in the UK. However, I'm sure I've seen low level signals in Ka band E from around 12E.

40km East of London, UK

• Indeed, the paper goes into detail about the Ka / Q (20/44 GHz) system, but not into the Q/Q (33/50 GHz) system.

So there's no clue where it downlinks in Q-band.
    It should be somewhere in the 37.5 to 42.5 GHz range. according ITU Radio Regulations.

In any case, little chance it beams outside Russia.

Laminas 120cm 1°W...68°E, T-55 9/13/19/23/28/39/42/45°E.

• I can't see any traffic signals on either Ka band. The beacons , presumably with omni antennas, are visible on both 12E and 45E. It's interesting that the LH & RH frequencies are opposite if the 2 are compared.

See: Blagovest 1 & Blagovest 4

40km East of London, UK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!