Boardnews

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, I totally agree with you.

FYI: My setup is in my profile (because of the forum lists).

Bilder

• Yes, I totally agree with you.

FYI: My setup is in my profile (because of the forum lists).

Your profile is too well known to have to be highlighted.You are an example of what every registered user on this forum should do.But unfortunately there are enough members who do not mention the country where the antenna is installed.

Subjectively I can understand them, because for reasons known only to them, they do not want to know more than just their nickname.

And it's their job and I don't judge them for it, but our forum posts information about receptions, which is based on concrete, verifiable data, and for that reason they have a practical value for those interested to compare them with what they get from their reception area. For example, the position at 7.0W is the most challenging for many European enthusiasts, because it has spots with limited coverage on our continent. I would say it is a milestone for each of us, but we have to admit that those who fully receive this position are very few.The distance from the reception area and the size of the antenna are deciding factors that also make differences between the ambitions of each DXer.

I say a banality, but the fact that someone receives the Eutelsat 7WA or Nilsat from the north of Europe with an antenna of their own,big or small,is to be appreciated more than those in the south of the continent.But what matters is that such an enthusiast in turn provokes an emulation for others who wish to achieve the same thing.These are part of the psychic mechanism of each of us.

How can they get it in their turn,depends on many subjective factors (desire, ambition,technical knowledge, etc.), but more important of the physical reception system (large antenna, performance devices of any kind, etc.)

Here are some reasons well known more or less by each of us why I want every user on this forum to mention the locality where the antenna is installed and the size of the antenna!

I apologize if my text is too long and rather says too obvious platitudes.

Regards :3:

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Ich gebe dir vollkommen recht. Berichte ohne wenigstens die Region anzugeben verlieren deutlich an Wert!

I fully agree with you. Reports without at least specifying the region lose their value significantly!

Sunt pe deplin de acord cu tine. Rapoartele fără a specifica cel puțin regiunea își pierd semnificativ valoarea!

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• Offizieller Beitrag

On the hint of satesco in the post here, there is the possibility to write articles and add pictures to the text. There is an extra "Articles" area for this, which everyone is allowed to use.

First steps in attached pictures...

Have fun with it!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If multi-lingual is selected, is language translation automatic? (Google or whatever)

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't tried it yet. Just give it a test run, hehehe.... :26.

• Offizieller Beitrag

On the hint of satesco in the post here, there is "a preview" too in "Articles" section, if you choose "Unpublished". You can also click "Enable comments" if you want.

• Totally agree, location in our (your) signature (my opinion) and antenna size for the reports. especially for those who have more than one antenna.It was already one of my recommendation, years ago...

Hi All :3:,

It would be very advisable for those who post reception reports to mention the location of the antenna and the size of the antenna. Knowing these details, we will be able to appreciate more objectively the performance of the poster,but more importantly we can report our receptions according to the area of each dxer.

I don't know if it is mandatory,but those who register on this forum should mention the two conditions mentioned above in their profiles :26.

Monate vergingen, gebessert hat sich nichts.

Leider nützt ein Eintrag im Profil nicht viel, sofern nicht wie bei qwer eine bestimmte Antenne einen Satelliten und LNB zugeordnet ist.

Bei den Ortsangaben ist es eine Spur besser, aber trotzdem verbesserungswürdig.

Months passed and nothing has improved.

Unfortunately, an entry in the profile is of little use, unless a certain antenna is assigned to a satellite and LNB, as is the case with qwer.

The location information is a bit better, but still in need of improvement.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Просто нужно следовать примеру уважаемого модератора stephan94, который успешно использует автоматическую подпись всех параметров на скриншотах программы IQmonitor :

You just need to follow the example of the respected moderator stephan94, who successfully uses the automatic signature of all parameters in the screenshots of the IQmonitor program:

• strannik, hier liegt wieder ein Missverständnis vor, glaube ich.

Unter Profil war hier das User-Profil des Boards gemeint.

Was diese Informationen betrifft, ist der IQMonitor vorbildlich, das weiß ich nur zu gut.

strannik, there is another misunderstanding here,

I think. The profile here meant the board's user profile.

As far as this information is concerned, the IQMonitor is exemplary, I know that only too well.

strannik, тут ще одне непорозуміння, я думаю.

Профіль тут означав профіль користувача дошки.

Що стосується цієї інформації, то IQMonitor є зразковим, я знаю це дуже добре.

• Offizieller Beitrag

7 years "Satellites Community" board... :56:

Thanks all guests and members for visiting this board!

Best DX-greetings to all! :57:

qwer.

Of course I would also like to thank my whole Satellites Community Team again for another year here!

admin (Board-4you.de)

Feedsat

hvdh

s-band

stephan94

strannik

Kypros_Pambou

marval450

pawelwa

satesco

superdish66

thank you for all the years of good cooperation! :76:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks to EnoSat for his advice. :73:

I have added another section under DX>C>Analogue to document the possibility of receiving, e.g. at the 70.0°W position, in the far west of Europe with analogue receivers.

Especially duck77, but also jaes (John) already reported at satellites.co.uk... :69:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi guys,

Satellites Community forum is back (after a short break) with a new(er) forum software version - thanks to my admin for his great work! :76:

Please start a new LOGIN!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some changings at "Dashboard" side:

- New sortings:

1) Latest Posts (from COMPLETE Forum)

2) DX>C>KU>Ka

3) Feeds>C>KU>Ka

4) Info corner

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some changings at "Forum" side.

Add/Merged on the right-box-side:

- Staff-Members Online

- Users Online

- Latest Posts (Forum) -> you can "scroll" over it and read/see the latest contributions

- Recent Activities

- Who Was Online

• Offizieller Beitrag

:6: Hinweis: Deutsche Übersetzung aktiviert/ergänzt.

Keine Veränderungen bei Benutzung der Englischen Sprache im Forum.

=========================================================

:6: Note: German translation activated/added.

No changes when using the English language in the forum.

• :49: The Community Guidelines use in the footer have now been changed to be bilingual.

I wish all users a good cooperation and a lot of fun in the forum!

=============

:49: Die Netiquette / Regeln zur Forennutzung im Footer wurde nun zweisprachig verändert.

Ich wünsche allen Nutzern ein gutes Miteinander und viel Freude im Forum!

/edit by qwer: installed a new "side" for Community Guidelines (deleted in article section)

Bilder

• :72: Installing the "Advanced Search" plugin

This allows an exact search for all topics of a certain satellite position, here "40.5°W", to be found quickly and conveniently.

==================================

:72: Installation des Plugin "Erweiterte Suche".

Damit kann eine exakte Suche nach allen Themen einer bestimmten Satellitenposition, hier "40.5°W" schnell und bequem gefunden werden.

PS: Ignore my Conversations... :26.

• Display changes in the profile field. Place of residence display was activated and antenna display added.

:72: Anyone who wants to can now add their place of residence (if not yet entered) and their antenna.

Note in the profile entry:

Antenna: Please enter the size without "m" (= metre), instead enter the respective band in brackets, for example (C) = C-band; (Ku) = Ku-band; (Ka) = Ka-band, (X) = X-band, (S) = S-band, (Q) = Q-band.

PS: The signature remains unchanged and it is expressly desired to add it.

Anzeigenänderungen im Profilfeld. Wohnortanzeige wurde aktiviert und Antennenanzeige ergänzt.

:72: Wer es möchte kann nun seinen Wohnort (falls noch nicht eingetragen) und seine Antenne ergänzen.

Hinweis beim Profileintrag:

Antenne: Bitte die Größenangabe ohne "m" (=Meter) eintragen, dafür in Klammern das jeweilige Band, zum Beispiel (C) = C-Band; (Ku) = Ku-band; (Ka) = Ka-Band, (X) = X-Band, (S) = S-Band, (Q) = Q-Band

PS: Die Signatur bleibt unverändert und es ist ausdrücklich erwünscht diese auch ergänzend einzutragen.

• :72: A "facelift" in the list sections.

C-band feeds was completed. Others next...

/edit 17.09.2022 - all lists "facelifted" yet. :26.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!