17.3°E AMC-14 (incl.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is unusual, it's one of the most inclined geo satellites still in use and is circular polarised. It was received using a linear feed. It looks like all slots, except 2 at the low end, are in use. It would be interesting to see what's actually there using circular polarised feeds. I think it's data not GS but perhaps someone else can confirm it. The downlink band is about 12200-12700MHz. It was at about +12.2° latitude at the time of observation.

The beacon plots are here: RE: Beacon Levels & Spectra

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just my todays linear scan and later in circular left and circular right. Inclination at scan time -21.45°.

Merged your report in this toppic.

• Offizieller Beitrag

At 3 June, AMC-14 started to move slowly from 18.0°E to the West, now at 17.55°E, it will probably hold at 17.5°E soon.
    Maybe this is to reduce the short-term interference to Astra at 19.2°E, that I mention in this topic before?
    In any case for me (without elevation control), it should be a bit easier to get some 12.2...12.5 GHz signals, since Eutelsat at 16°E doesn't use that range.
    Chart below shows the West movement since 1 June.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I only get indications on the 2 lower TPs as I'm using a linear feed. However, the beacons are now at different levels to those recorded here RE: Beacon Levels & Spectra

12694.5 is now ~9dB below 12698.5 whereas it was about 6dB above. That was using the same linear feed as the linked plots. I suppose it's possible I did not peak fully for the earlier plots, I don't have real time tracking.

Latitude 16.7 deg N (47 deg elev.) at the time of this post.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

My first contact this evening at about +4.1° inclination (according mechanical limits at this "southern" position with my Egis) - moving rapidly - in linear scan.

SR changed to 23930 now

~ 22 frequencies...

/edit: At about inclination ~+2.0° "reaching" Astra 1L with 12728 V 23500... :79:

/edit: At about inclination ~+0.5° "reaching" five more - this time from Astra 1N...

/edit: At about inclination ~-0.3° "reaching" still one (12728 V) from Astra 1L...

/edit: At about inclination >-0.7° Astra "has left spectrum again to 99,9%"... duration about 25 minutes,,, :26.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you, I just forgot to check crossing 0° but with such weak signals no need to bother here, with 1.2m!

Edit 13 July: AMC-14 took quite a while to find a stable longitude. Now it's about 17.3°E.
    Changed the topic title from 18.0°E to 17.3°E.

• hvdh

Hat den Titel des Themas von „18.0°E AMC-14 (incl.)“ zu „17.3°E AMC-14 (incl.)“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!