Posts by strannik

moonbase

You are very inattentive, I emphasized in the quotes those places that you did not pay attention to:

You see, the process has begun - you yourself see an improvement in the spectrum.

Now God himself ordered to double-click on a frequency of 21563700 kHz.

Before that, try to mark the TBS 6983 checkbox - it will not be worse with the TBS 6903 card

Good luck! :3:

I want to see an HR spectrum in TBS 6983 mode, which shows two FeedReport results in the same mode, and which are saved with first Save. The results after Paint - Save you showed us in your last post

Good luck

Thanks to the efforts of the satellite reception meters of the highly respected s-band and qwer , we are able to compare the scanning of the 16.0°E Eutelsat 16A satellite in the Ka band with the reference spectrum.

CrazyScan found 3 transponders in automatic mode,

IQmonitor found 14 transponders with direct HR BlindScan

moonbase just posted a fresh HR spectrum that I provide below:

And for the sake of completeness, today's scan by respected qwer :

moonbase

I carefully considered your spectra and I want to give advice (recommendation)

Try scanning with parameters:

SRmin = 100

SRmax = 6000

NF = 1.5dB

And do not forget, after the end of the scan, double-click on 21563800 and 21607000 kHz, and then Save - Paint - Save

Good luck :3:

You see, the process has begun - you yourself see an improvement in the spectrum.

Now God himself ordered to double-click on a frequency of 21563700 kHz.

Before that, try to mark the TBS 6983 checkbox - it will not be worse with the TBS 6903 card

Good luck! :3:

Do you speak for the forum in your role as a forum moderator when you say there is no need to ask any more questions?

stephan94 is both a topic starter and a moderator of the forum.

He did a lot to popularize and distribute the IQmonitor software and contributed to this in other forums.

He is a long-term friend of mine, I really appreciate his help and I am grateful for bringing me to this forum.

He is always ready to help all conference participants, and I would advise you to be very respectful of his comments.

Relax please :126:

"This is Digicipher 2 signal. I'm not sure if the TBS card can read this signal correctly?"

IQmonitor program in FeedReport mode does not decode the signal.

It defines the parameters of the transponder in which the signal is transmitted from the satellite.

The program determined these parameters exactly:

If you have a TBS 6983 card, then repeat the scan with the TBS 6983 checkbox checked - this will enable the forecast of signal parameters in the FeedReport mode.

If you only have a TBS 6903 card with the same chipset, then try repeating the scan with the TBS 6983 checkbox checked in the hope that these cards have similar drivers - perhaps you will receive a signal parameters forecast in FeedReport mode. I can’t guarantee you a positive result, but it’s not worth the money to try to mark the TBS 6983 checkbox and make FeedReport 4000 H.

This is not a requirement and not my personal request - this is a recommendation for studying the capabilities and functionality of the IQmonitor program

Good luck!

That's a very good question. :73:

On the forum where it was answered and which we visited, to my deep regret, most of the IQmonitor topic was corrupted. :88:

In fact:

- the number Nm is the number of repeated RF measurements at one frequency, works only when the TBS 6983 checkbox is checked.

But you can use this mode with any card that supports the RFscan function. The spectrum registration time increases by Nm times, but the level of thermal noise in the system decreases by the square root of Nm times. In this case, the frequency resolution of the spectrum does not decrease, as it happens when random noise is suppressed by smoothing, for example, Sm 9.

- the checkbox PGC (program gain control ) leads to a partial (linear law) compensation for the decrease in gain with frequency and the elimination of a step at the frequency of the LNB heterodyne change.

:74:

Here is the result of my C-Band scans of 121.0 West with Norsat 8115 LNB's.

I didn’t like the spectra, since NF was 3-4 times too low.

You have already received a lot of spectra, but still haven't bothered to try changing the registration parameters, for example, SRmin SRmax.

In the absence of low-speed transponders, dF is unreasonably underestimated. Making dF = 1000 kHz - the time of the formation of the spectra will decrease by 3 times.

You are still too lazy to double click on peaks of unlocked transponders, for example 4000 H

moonbase

Thank you very much for your reply :26.

I finally understood the essence of the joke about the British gentleman who, about to go to the store, asked:

- dear, what to take in the store?

The wife replied:

- take one loaf of bread, if there are eggs, take five.

Half an hour later the gentleman returned with the words:

- there were eggs in the store, so I bought five loaves :26:

Regarding your warm wishes, I will note two things:

1. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, but we have coffee (both in stores and in my kitchen);

2. The phrase " Good health, drink more coffee, if not coffee, drink more vodka ! "

in translation into Russian means that a person drinks a lot, but he needs to drink more alcohol,

harmful to health, in large quantities. This is an inadequate response to the desire to drink less coffee,

which is harmful in large quantities, and to drink tea, another revered tonic drink in Britain.:70:

Your second spectrum, with NF = 0.75 dB, is worse than the spectrum with NF = 1.5 dB.
    To select more transponders in your case, you need to reduce the SRmin & SRmax values by an order of magnitude (ten times).
    For example, set 100 - 1000 or 200 - 2000 kHz

s-band

Thanks a lot for your spectra. They clearly show what to leave and what to strive for.

In addition, the parameters of its registration are indicated on the professional spectrum,

which correspond well with my recommendations. :74:

Thanks Peon for the interesting constellations!

Your constellation with 90°E at the IQ pickup point of pairs N = 1 successfully complements my collection with other N :

The constellation obtained with the TBS 6902 card is so similar to the constellation I received with N = 2 that it suggests that the number counting in the TBS 6902 driver does not start from 1, but from 0.

66858-100-5e-20210103-iqm-fr3659v-locked-jpg

I would try to start IQmonitor with TBS 6902 with N = 0 or another number (for example, N = 3), which gives a "normal" signal constellation

As soon as a number N is found that gives an adequate display of the constellation, the IQmonitor program will correctly form the HR spectrum

unfortunately left :77: ....scan with TBS5521

Do not break up!

It is extremely difficult to get DVB-S2X lock in automatic mode.

Try to set F = 11074500 kHz and press the Feed Report button or double click on this frequency

Good luck!

Since today is an evening of questions and answers, then my question to everyone:

Has anyone come across such a constellation in their practice?

moonbase

I will answer the question with a question:

Do you read the IQmonitor tool forum? :26.

If YES, then I have nothing to tell you ...

If NO, then I would advise you to read, especially # 1158, # 1161, # 1162.

If you have no time to read, just set

Noise = -65

By the way, what can you say about messages # 1174, # 1175, # 1176?

Success :3:

stephan94

Ein geniales Experiment! :76::76::76:

Ich würdige Ihre Fähigkeiten in der Arbeit mit IQmonitor-Software und die hervorragende Gestaltung der Ergebnispräsentation.

Sie wissen, wie Sie mich gleichzeitig erfreuen und überraschen können! :73:

Ich wusste immer, dass Satelliten im Orbit "klappern", sie beschreiben eine "Acht" um einen stationären Punkt im geostationären Orbit, aber um es so klar und überzeugend zu sehen, ist dies mein erstes Mal.

Es ist angenehm zu verstehen, dass dies durch die höchste Genauigkeit und Stabilität hochauflösender Spektren erleichtert wird, die das IQmonitor-Programm zulässt.

Die Ergebnisse des Experiments sehen im Format des LiveJournal-Bandes noch heller aus: Filatov Yuri live journal

Vielen Dank mein Freund! :74:

Erfolg und Gesundheit

________________________________________________________________________________________________

A brilliant experiment! :76::76::76:

I pay tribute to your skill in working with IQmonitor software and excellent design of results presentation.

You know how to please and surprise me at the same time! :73:

I always knew that satellites "chatter" in orbit, they describe a "eight" around a stationary point in geostationary orbit, but to see it so clearly and convincingly - this is my first time.

It is pleasant to understand that this is facilitated by the highest accuracy and stability of high-resolution spectra, which the IQmonitor program allows.

The results of the experiment look even brighter in the format of the LiveJournal tape: Filatov Yuri live journal

Thank you very much, my friend! :74:

Success and health

"Manual" blind search is when you place the cursor on the peak of the transponder and double-click.
    If you are in HR mode, you can simply position the cursor on the desired search frequency and double click

Quite adequate spectra :73:
    Have you tried the "manual" BlindScan at frequencies
    vertical polarization? :175:

moonbase

The first two transponders have exactly the same parameters.

They are encoded in ACM, which emulates CCM (ACMc - only IQmonitor can distinguish).

Why EBS does not "see" the second transponder, I do not understand :25:

I meant comparing two tables of transponders:
    - EBS Pro - 16 transponders with inaccurate SRs are registered;
    - IQmonitor - registered 17 transponders with exact SR, including 3780 V :70:

Lambda

Good afternoon my friend! :74:

I keep my promise and tell you how you can deal with cross-polarization interference and increase the SNR of the useful signal by 0.8 - 3 dB

But first, a few words about the capabilities of the IQmonitor program in identifying reserves of DVB signals reception and improving your receiving installation.

IQmonitor can save RF spectra in 1 MHz steps even if they were acquired in 3 or 6 MHz frequency steps.

To do this, just select the RF checkbox and press the Save button - the record of RF spectrum levels will be automatically saved to the desired location in the database.

From here this spectrum can be loaded into the program using the Load button. The RF spectrum that you have loaded becomes the current spectrum and can be manipulated as if you had just registered it.

If you press the Standard button, the spectrum turns into a calibration curve and when the program is closed it will be automatically saved in the ini-file.

If you have registered a new RF spectrum, then by checking the Calibr checkbox, when drawing it, the calibration curve will be subtracted from the spectrum. And you get on the screen the difference between the current spectrum and the spectrum that served as the basis for creating the calibration curve.

This mechanism allows you to quickly and accurately compare the current and reference spectra.

And now about the problem of suppression of cross-polarization interference.

Vertical polarization transponders marked with green arrows are of interest to us, but their SNR ~ 8dB level does not provide sufficient "weather margin" for stable reception.
    At the same time, in the eastern beam of the same satellite, at the same frequencies, but in horizontal polarization, a broadcast is being conducted to Kazakhstan. In Kiev, the SNR of these signals reaches 3dB (see red curve), and they create a powerful cross-polarization coherent interference with the reception of vertical polarization.

I decided to suppress horizontal polarization signals using a slotted polarizing filter of my design:

The white mug is cut from expanded polypropylene, which is used in supermarkets for packaging cut food. A thin copper wire of the ПЭЛШО 0.2 brand is wound on it with a pitch of 5 mm (Enameled, Lacquered, Sholkovy Braided Wire). In principle, any thin insulated wire can be used.
    The filter is installed on the LNB opening, and you can not remove radom.
    In the photo you see the filter in two positions:
    - to suppress vertical polarization;
    - to suppress horizontal polarization
    Adjustment of the notch filter is performed by smoothly rotating it around its axis with control by IQmonitor software in Dinamical [Spectrum] mode

After adjusting the filter for horizontal polarization rejection, the following spectra were recorded:

As you can see, the horizontal polarization spectrum is an almost flat curve - the H polarization signal is completely suppressed

SNR of vertical polarization has increased, two more transponders are locked

On the spectra, which are displayed with the marked Calibr checkbox, arrows show the change in the useful signal V polarization and H interference:

As the saying goes: "Cheap and cheerful" :73: