Posts by strannik

Hello s-band !

I also believe that when the transmitter operates in saturation mode on long-distance communication lines, a rectangular, square wave-like signal has a high level of odd harmonics. This is evidenced by a regular, quasi-hyperbolic decrease in their amplitudes.

But it would be wrong to consider them as "signals" ...

Interferometry has nothing to do with it, IMHO :28:

Thank you Paul for your answer.

I agree with you about the change in amplitudes due to the rise of the satellite above the horizon.:73:

As for the fact that the false "signals" (numbered from 1 to 8) are associated with the local oscillator subharmonics, which are observed with a constant frequency step at the waterfall, I remain unconvinced. This is also evidenced by the regular change in their amplitudes.

On what basis did you select the signal ?, which is marked with a blue marker, I do not understand ... :25:

Very interesting "waterfall"

I get the impression that the signal level has increased significantly in 7 minutes.

And also the subharmonics of the heterodyne radiation have increased.

You marked two of them on the spectrum with lilac and yellow markers.

What is your interpretation of this interesting result?

... I am working hard on the IQmonitor program. The number 2405 has a sacred meaning for me,

so I want the version with this number to be stable.

Big changes have been made in the program:

- the range of registered RF has been expanded to 2500 MHz, which will expand almost all reception ranges;

- accelerated the work of the main procedures for obtaining RF and HR spectra;

- work continued on improving the quality of the recorded spectra.

Below is a comparison of RF spectra, the first of which was recorded and processed by IQmonitor in 10 seconds,

the second is simply registered by the CrazyScan reference program with the same frequency step (6 MHz), which is clearly seen from

kinks of the spectrum line, in 11 seconds:

The spectrum unevenness recorded by the CrazyScan program is -41.5 - (-29.0) = -12.5 dBm

Spectrum irregularity registered by IQmonitor is -36.5 - (-36.2) = -0.3 dBm

Thus, the IQmonitor program compensated almost completely (by 12.2 dB) the nonlinearity of the amplitude-frequency characteristic (AFC) of the receiving installation.

The difference of 2.5 dB between the noise level in the low and high frequency sub-bands is compensated.

As a result of the deconvolution procedure, the minima between the peaks of the transponders deepened, and their height approached the SNR value determined by BlindScan.

By the time of registration (with processing) of the spectrum, the IQmonitor program beats CrazyScan only 10% of the time, but the quality of the spectrum is significantly higher.

You can see for yourself, because the spectra were obtained with the same frequency step, but displayed in exactly the same scales :73:

Original publication in Russian :3:

Ich habe den tollen Job wirklich genossen Rekonstruktion vor Ort :73:

Vielen Dank an Edgar für die neue, elegante und benutzerfreundliche Oberfläche :76:

Mit Wünschen nach Erfolg und Gesundheit

Yuri

Original von Lambda
    Question for our friend Wanderer : Is it possible to extend this function by an automatic skip every time the RF signal drops to the noise level in calibrated mode?

Hi Lambda!

I answer your question:
    Yes you can.
    Moreover, this has already been implemented in the program, but is not yet available for a wide range of users.
    When people get used to HR spectra, this option will be open to all users.

I have worked hard to eliminate the vertical sticks that appear if the transponder list is not cleared before receiving the HR spectrum.
    It seems to me that I have eliminated this shortcoming.
    Tested on skipping the frequency range of the side 9 ° E when receiving 10 ° E on a small antenna.
    First, I registered the RF spectrum, and then the HR spectrum with a “manual” pass of unwanted frequency intervals for subsequent analysis.
    Then, using FeedReport, it “clicked off” the transponder peaks, including subthreshold ones. :126:
    I found a tiny little one with SR = 256 kS/s and locked the radio broadcast. :85:
    See here and test at PM

Health and success! :74:

Lambda, glad to welcome you :74:

On the first question - try first to form an HR spectrum, and then add an RF spectrum to it.

On the second question - it is necessary to specify the paths to all connected programs in IQmonitor_2.ini, including to ABC 4T2 and TSreader Lite.
    For example:

[PARSER]
    Java=C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre1.8.0_161/bin/javaw.exe
    TSRLite=D:/TSReaderLite/TSReaderLite.exe
    TSR=C:/Program Files (x86)/Cool.stf/TSReader/TSReader.exe
    VLC=C:/Program Files (x86)/VideoLAN/Vlc/vlc.exe
    MPC-BE=C:/Program Files/MPC-BE x64/mpc-be64.exe
    4T2ContentAnalyser=D:\Program Files (x86)\Abc\4T2 Content Analyser\ABC4T2ContentAnalyser.exe
    TrEdit=C:/TransEdit/TransEdit.exe

Good luck and health!

PS Try replacing slash with backslash

Original von Peon
    Greetings Strannik,
    Many thanks for adding new features in IQmonitor. Everything works flawlessly. :74:
    But I have a request. Would it be possible to insert into IQmonitor, scan "BilndScan2", as CrazyScan uses? In BlindScan2 mode, it is also possible to lock frequencies below the lock threshold. (No Locked). IQmonitor can only do this manually, - "feed report". During this scan, it does not find the exact frequency of the transponder, but lists the one that was selected by clicking on the spectrum.

Hi Peon
    Finally you have pleased me with the HR spectrum:

It is close to ideal! :73: If you allow me, on your behalf I will publish it in my live journal as a model worthy of imitation.
    The absence of a response to this request will be regarded as a sign of consent. :4:
    The HR spectrum confirmed my assumptions about the quality of picking, which led to "wrong" results.
    “Correct” you consider the numbers that are shown on the spectra that are obtained in CrazyScan.
    I note that the "correct" frequencies are given in whole Mega Hertz, which corresponds to the accuracy of determining the frequency +/- 0.499 MHz.
    If you analyze, for example, the "exact" values of symbol rates and compare with the values from IQmonitor,
    you will see the "exact" values have an error of up to +/- 5 kC / s.

Now let’s go through the transponders, the frequency of which, in comparison with CrazyScan, is doubtful for you, and the picking of which caused doubt in me, and was specified by the very high-quality HR spectrum that you received.

I will arrange the comparison line by line, first the frequency according to the CrazyScan spectrum, then the frequency of your picking, then the difference of these frequencies and, finally, the frequency according to the results of my visual examination of your HR spectrum (frequency of the “right” click on the spectrum):

1. 3767 ---> 3765.75 ---> - 1.25 ---> 3766.8
    2. 3722 ---> 3720.00 ---> - 2.00 ---> 3722.2
    3. 3714 ---> 3715.25 ---> +1.25 ---> 3714.1
    4. 3733 ---> 3734.25 ---> +1.25 ---> 3732.5
    5. 3850 ---> 3850.25 ---> +0.25 ---> 3850.3
    6. 3974 ---> 3976.25 ---> +1.75 ---> 3973.8

Where you were mistaken when picking up the RF spectrum (from 5 to 8 pixels), IQmonitor could not search for the central frequency of the transponder and gave out the picking frequency.
    Where the picking frequency differs little from the transponder peak frequency in the HR spectrum (see No. 5), IQmonitor found the most accurate value of the central frequency of transponder No. 5 - 3850.205 MHz.

Conclusion:

Pickering for FeedReport needs to be done on the HR spectrum.

Now the answers to your questions:

1. I will not insert the BlindScan 2 function into the IQmonitor program, because if there are two nearby low-speed transponders in the spectrum, StreamReader cannot “tear itself away” from them and the stack overflows.
    In the HR spectrum, this problem I with great difficulty, but solved.

2. Sub-threshold transponders in automatic mode cannot be found by IQmonitor. But on the HR spectrum it is easy to find places for FeedReport, which is able to determine (or predict) the signal parameters up to -9.5 dB below the lock level, while FeedReport gives an objective assessment of the reliability (probability) of the forecast based on FER.

Good luck! :74:

hi Peon,
    "HR spectrum" = High Resolution spectrum
    Until you understand this and present a highly resolved spectrum, there will be no dialogue with you.
    There is an ideom of "include a fool" in Russian.
    I will not explain what this means, because I am sure that you all understand perfectly, and I know and respect you as an intelligent person.

Regards
    Yuri

Original von stephan94
    Hallo,

Ein anderes Beispiel für die Möglichkeiten der Version 2404 in Band KA mit der Erweiterung durch den "expanding RX band"
    Die LNB KU / KA ist offiziell für die KA (D) gemacht
    Hier wurden problemlos zwei reelle Frequenzen in KA (C) gefunden :12:

alles bei dem Satellite " Athena-Fidus @ 37.8° East"

Stephan
    Thank you very much for the work well done as always! :73:

When you have the time and opportunity, please calibrate your extended Ka (C) band as written in

/edit by qwer: Sorry LINK disappeared with changing forum software on 01.08.2020.

Please ask strannik again.

I think that the third method (with foil) will be the most acceptable.
    At the same time, direct the axis of the LNB waveguide to the aiming point G, which you determined for your antenna using the PARABOLA program.
    To do this, it will be enough for you to put between the LNB mount and its body a small bar 3 to 5 cm thick made of styrodur, wood or other more or less solid and (preferably) hygroscopic material.
    After obtaining the calibration curves in both polarizations, repeat your experiment on reception in the Ka (C) band.

You will be pleasantly surprised when the interference from the modem (?) :88: sharply decreases on the spectrum and the signal at a frequency of 20681 MHz becomes clearly visible.

Health to you and your loved ones! :74:

Hi flie!

Look at the intermediate frequency scale on your spectrum:

/edit by qwer: Sorry attached file disappeared with changing forum software on 01.08.2020.

You have absolutely incorrectly set the parameters for the IQmonitor research range!
    Please show a screenshot of the main program window, preferably with a spectrum tablet.
    Then I can point you to your mistake.

As for your request, we will return to its discussion after you master the work with IQmonitor 2404.

Good luck! :74:

Original von Peon
    I'm sorry, Strannik, but I don't understand what tablet you mean. I just wanted to show the difference in tuning to the right - the actual frequency.

/edit by qwer: Sorry attached file disappeared with changing forum software on 01.08.2020.

Here on this tablet of spectra, in the same range of scales and signal levels, for the same satellite with the same equipment
    (antenna, LNB, kard) you need to show the HR spectrum, and not a screenshot, but the saved spectrum.

thank :74:

Peon,

You selectively quote my request to you and give a non-substantive answer.
    Nevertheless, I note that you are comparing FeedReports, which are obtained by significantly different versions of IQmonitor with significantly different parameters.
    The most significant in the case of constellations is the number of points analyzed.
    But this is not the point, but the fact that you either inattentively read my posts, or translate them incorrectly, or something else ...
    Here are quotes from my posts and an attempt to explain them:
    "- Feed Report - launches a procedure for analyzing the constellation constellation and determining
    (predicting) transponder parameters at a click frequency; "
    Here the expression "at a click frequency" means that the parameters are determined and predicted for the transponder within which there was a click, but it is not said that this is the center frequency. The analysis results are tied to this frequency, which is fundamentally important for the concept of HR spectra.
    So I asked you:
    "Show HR spectrum on the same tablet.
    I want to see how accurately you selected the frequency for FeedReport. "
    This means that I ask you for the same tablet (frequency range and signal levels) to calculate the IQmonitor HR spectrum program and publish it here on the forum.
    I want to see this HR spectrum and understand where to click on it, and whether this place corresponds to the frequency that the StreamReader BlindScan reports.
    Excuse me for possible Google translation errors and those resulting from this misunderstanding.
    Once again, I ask you to demonstrate the high-resolution spectrum for the possibility of analyzing whether you performed the FeedReport manual search correctly or incorrectly.

Thank you in advance
    Yuri

IQmonitor has a powerful and effective tool to reduce unevenness.
    Frequency response of RF spectra - by creating and applying calibration curves.
    To create a calibration curve, you need to direct your antenna to a portion of the "cold" sky. :51:
    If you have an antenna with a polar suspension, try to find the point where the GSO is visible to you
    Radiation in the frequency range of your choice does not go to Earth. If your antenna has a wide daylight,
    then this task is difficult to accomplish ...
    If you have an antenna with an azimuth-angle suspension, maximize the elevation angle by pointing
    antenna up, away from the thermal radiation of the earth. True, then you will have to configure again
    antenna ...
    If you are old and lazy, like me, :83: then, having sacrificed the weak nonlinearity of the frequency response of the mirror, just shield
    irradiator LNB. For example, a package of aluminum foil for long-term storage of milk.

According to the theory, aluminum foil at Giga Hertz frequencies is an absolute screen for rays
    electromagnetic waves. But in practice? We look at the spectrum that is recorded from under dry
    foil bag.

Already better, blockages at the edges, dips and frequency response rises are clearly visible, but there is a roughness (up to 5dB)
    Frequency response, which correlates with radiation from satellite transponders.
    And what does the theory that your servant taught at the university for 25 years say? :88:
    Waves from the antenna mirror fall on an aluminum bag, on the surface of which they begin to flow
    electric currents. Through the incision of the packet, they flow into the inside, where they generate a secondary electromagnetic
    radiation. And nothing interferes with the LNB illuminator (which is a horn antenna with an aperture of ~ 2 lambda)
    to collect and direct it to the waveguide and further to the receiving probe ...

The keyword is [SIZE=3]nothing[/SIZE] !!! So we will fill the bag with an absorbing substance - a mint damp cloth.
    After that, set Nm = 9 and register the calibration curve of our receiving unit
    first for one, and then another polarization.

Please note that the spectrum recording step must be 1 MHz, and the horizontal scale dF
    - not necessarily, but at this scale we get the most accurate display of the calibration curves.
    After that, be sure to click the Standard button - the spectra will become calibration curves; tick
    RF checkbox, click the Save button and save the curves in a * .rf file, which can be, if necessary
    load from disk with the button Load; close the IQmonitor program - the calibration curves will be saved in the ini-file.

Now, having registered the spectrum with Nm = 9 (blue curve), having marked the Add and Calibr checkboxes, click Paint RF
    and enjoy the spectrum with the corrected frequency response (dark purple curve).
    As you can see, the shape of the transponders is close to ideal, and their vertices lie at ~ -40 dBm
    Compare with the HR spectrum, for which the non-linearity of the frequency response is completely absent! :73:

The full text of the article "IQmonitor - Search for weak signals - 1", see the LINK

Hi Peon,

You write:
    "Thank you very much for adding new features to IQmonitor. Everything works flawlessly."
    Show HR spectrum on the same tablet.
    I want to see how accurately you selected the frequency for FeedReport.

Thank :74:

Today published the program IQmonitor ver.2.4.0.4
    For free download it is available at:

www.satellitescommunity.de

If this is your first time downloading IQmonitor, you can also download all necessary
    for her work files. Unzip them into the IQmonitor folder (preferably not on the system drive).

This version has a lot of new and useful for users of the program: :73:

1. Added PoP menu, which is called by the right mouse click. It has a number of options:

- Jamp to Frequency - according to this command, the operating frequency indicator is transferred to the frequency,
    on which the PoP menu was called. This can significantly reduce the scan time.
    For example, when scanning a satellite 10°E when the program reaches a frequency of 11.7 GHz,
    beyond which the satellite band begins 9°E, you need to set the cursor to the frequency
    12.5 GHz, call the PoP menu and click on Jamp to Frequency - the scanning process will be
    continued from this frequency;

- Feed Report - launches a procedure for analyzing the constellation constellation and determining
    (predicting) transponder parameters at a click frequency;

- Dynamic Spectrum - launches the procedure for the formation of a dynamic (real time) spectrum
    in the range +/- 25MHz of the click frequency. Moreover, you can click anywhere
    empty tablet;

- Tune to frequency - an option that will appeal to both experienced users and beginners.
    With one click, you are tuned to a transponder with a click frequency of calling the PoP menu and
    automatically get all the information from the transport stream (which is recorded
    to disk), including a list of programs and their SID. Since carried out in parallel
    broadcasting a transport stream over UDP protocol, you just need to choose from the list
    desired program, and it will be automatically shown by the VLC player. Or you can
    launch MPC-BE player. If you want, with one click you start for in-depth
    TransEdit, DVB Inspector, TSReader and even ABC 4T2 Analizir analysis without key and violation
    copyright (in demo mode);

- Set Option - opens the Style panel and allows you to change parameters during scanning;

- Go to Finish - switches to the final scan frequency and allows
    correctly, but prematurely complete the process.

2. For advanced users, the Clear the loop option is added, which allows you to clear
    interval before and immediately after the transponder peak from Raman interference. HR spectrum
    Become cleaner and more readable.

3. Another option for advanced users - Expand RX band - allows you to evaluate
    the ability to receive transponders beyond the frequency range that are installed on the panel
    spectra. When this option is enabled, the cursor position indicator below it
    another frequency is written that shows the true frequency of the transponder,
    if reception at the cursor frequency occurs at the third harmonic of the card tuner local oscillator.

4. Fixed program signing errors on automatic screenshots of all reporting
    materials that are created in the process of studying satellite signals.

Download the program, test and publish the results in this thread for discussion.
    If there are no publications and calls, I will not have motivation for its development and improvement

Good luck to everyone and 36°6 ! :72:

My friend stephan94 performed a brilliant off-site reception experiment :76:
    LNB range, but, due to natural modesty, does not publish its results.
    And I, as a friend to whom modesty is not an obstacle, will present you this unique data.

Above the red line in the locked transponder table, you see four transponders that are stephan94
    circled with colored frames for identification with four of the same transponders, but accepted within
    LNB operating range at the main (1st) harmonic of the tuner local oscillator STV-6120, which is installed in PCI
    TBS-6983 card.
    stephan94 made a full-fledged reception of transponders at frequencies that are 860 - 900 MHz lower than true
    center frequencies of transponders! :73:
    But the most fantastic in these results is that the 21538 N signal received at harmonics has a 3.2 dB SNR
    higher than the same signal in the working frequency band !!! :12:

My friend’s success inspired me to create a special mode for searching for DVB-S2 signals OUTSIDE
    LNB operating range.

This mode is turned on simply - the checkbox Expand RX band should be noted.

After that, when the cursor moves on the spectrum tablet, in addition to the current signal frequency (10178 MHz) and its level (-46.9 dBm)
    under the current frequency, the predicted frequency of the same signal from the satellite appears, but received at the 1st harmonic
    local oscillator tuner STV-6120 (11034 MHz). It is easy to see that the signal level at the first harmonic is -33.0 dBm,
    which is 13.9 dBm higher.

Another useful feature of the IQmonitor 2404 program is the presence of a PoP menu that allows you to lock
    transponder and get comprehensive information about it in one click on Tune to Frequency

Before this (which is not necessary), the Feed Report PoP menu option was used, which showed MERa = 11.47dB with SNR = 10.2dB.
    As a result, we have confident reception of the transponder 11034 MHz at a frequency of 10178 MHz :73:

This result is confirmed by TSReader integrated in IQmonitor

Taking this opportunity, I want to once again thank stephan94 for the fruitful contribution to improving the IQmonitor program :74:

https://filatov-yuri.livejournal.com/2020/06/11/

flie !

For your card you need to register in the ini file DVB-S2X scale = 0.8

:74:

Hallo Stephan!

Ich freue mich sehr über die Ergebnisse Ihres Ka-Band-Empfangs! :76::76::76:
    Sie sind phänomenal und haben mich sogar erstaunt, obwohl ich Ihren Erfolg vorausgesehen habe. :73:

Wenn ich mich vom Waschen der Panoramafenster im 12. Stock entferne, werde ich ausführlicher schreiben.
    In der Zwischenzeit muss ich meine Begeisterung für Ihre Arbeit zum Ausdruck bringen und erklären, dass ich stolz auf einen Freund wie Sie bin. :74:

Ich wünsche Ihnen viel Erfolg und Gesundheit
    Yuri