Posts by deeptho

Satesco,

the neumo drivers also find the pls code and then show them on screen (no need to re-enter). I think the main difference

for these cards, compared to others, is the hardware support for PLS scan. This means it can go 50 times faster.

In theory tbs6909x could find the code in an hour or two (or 8 times faster if all demods share the work). The main problem is that

the code may not be very reliable. If it tries the right PLS code and then randomly fails to lock, another couple of hours would be needed.

I think apart from this hardware support the approach may be pretty similar: trying all possible codes. That should not be absolutely needed because there are ways to speed this up. Probably all that would be needed on the tbs6909x/tbs69093x would be to exploit the "versatile tuner mode" of these chips, but I never got it working and I think that might require changes to the fpga code. Just guessing. That versatile tuner mode could be useful for other things such as narrow band signal analysis/decoding

Of course there is no big need for all of this, given the limited use of PLS.

The problem with the m88rs6060 used in tbs6904se is lack of documentation. I suspect it can do other hidden things. It would not surprise me

if IQ scan is possible.

Satesco,

6902SE and 6904SE are almost the same, so what works on one will work on the other.

Of course windows and linux should make little difference because it is the same card.

What I tried with crazyscan was to click on the graph and then try to blindscan. No pls code found and no lock.

You seem to do something different: first scan, then blindscan, and only then click on the graph showing the

window where you can start testing (with "No IQ support") and then entering some numbers. So probably that explains it.

It is nice to see the progress there as well. Last week I had no success. probably wrong drivers. The tuning windows

even crashed, but not anymore.

Does AltDVB use the same crazycat drivers or are these separate?

I managed to obtain a tbs6904SE card and wrote a driver for the neumoDVB software.

It is almost finished. Currently it is ahead of CrazyScan's driver:

-better spectrum (and equally fast). 187KHz resolution. See below for a piece of the spectrum on 5.0W. Strangely enough the

mux near 11600H is missing in crazyscan. Note that 6903X and 6909X provide even

better spectrum.

-PLS autodetection (fast! 30 seconds or less) and blindscan working

-pretty fast overall

Also

-multistreams work

-Alouette (low symbolrate mux) also works

-stream parameter detection

Not working:

-IQ scan. Perhaps not supported by the card, but I need some clues to make it work and currently I have run out of inspiration

Other things like continuous streams: not tested. Perhaps not working

-putting the card to sleep and waking it up again

Only works on linux, but linux is great.

deeptho: Thank you for your fantastic work. So it seems you found some undocumented features.

At the moment I'm still on a Cine S2 V7a under Linux. Is this card also supported?

I don't know: if this is indeed an stv019X then it might be supported by that driver, which has blinscan and spectrum scan. However, I understood that

digital devices has some special driver model, which means more work might be needed. So you will have to try to find out. The spectrum will be of lower resolution.

The 6903x card is based on stid135 and does support fast blindscan, high resolution spectrum (50kHz), constellation scan,

detection of modulation parameters... I implemented that in my linux drivers.

which can be found at https://github.com/deeptho/linux_media

There are command line tools and a DVB viewer/DX program which can use this facility:

https://github.com/deeptho/blindscan

https://github.com/deeptho/neumodvb

High resolution spectra are also supported on si2183 cards.

Here is an example

Yes, I understand about the blindscan. I wold not have the patience either

A usb stick would be a good idea. It would make it easier to just try it out.

Ja, ich hätte auch nicht die Geduld lange zu wachten auf blindscan.

Ein USB-Stick wäre eine gute Idee, um es einfach auszuprobieren.

If you want a faster scan on TBS6903X or TBS6909X and you can use linux, then you can give my blindscan software a try: https://github.com/deeptho/neumodvb

Spectrum scan takes 50 seconds for both polarisations together and has a resolution of 500kHz.

On 39.0E and at my location and with a relatively poor signal (LNB beyond the end of therail on a wavefrontier T90), blind-scanning vertical polarisation takes 10 minutes and locks 24 muxes (including multistream). 14 of those contain DVB streams. For the horzontal polarisation, the spectrum is less complex, and scanning is faster: 5 min 43 seconds for 17 locked muxes of which 13 contain dvb data.

This is not the fastest of all programs, but in the scan time, it also checks the NIT table and therefore finds more information than just if the mux can be locked. Below are some screenshots. Those were made with the TBS6909X which is almost the same as TBS6903X. The driver for both cards is the same,

and the scan result and spectrum will be the same.

The screenshots only show part of the spectrum. Muxes in green were scanned successully. The red ones not (too weak or no data).

The last screenshots show a few gui screens.