Beiträge von satsat

Indeed, the TBS5930 can’t be powered only using USB. External +12V must be supplied.

I actually got the TBS5520SE before, but had to return it unfortunately.

While it had the advantage to use USB power as you mentioned I had issues with the blind scan on several satellites.
    The box always got stuck on some (always the same) transponders.

In these cases, the box no longer responded and had to be disconnected from the computer.

My hope was that the TBS5930 works better as it is advertised as having a “built in hardware blind scan capability”. Strangely enough, the TBS blind scan tool (v3.0.2.2) doesn't work with the box at all. In other words, the functionality can’t be used currently with the manufacturer's tools.

What I also found interesting is that the box doesn’t seem to support USALS with the current driver (v1.0.0.2) despite the +12V/2A power supply.

I’ve ordered the TBS5930 since the M88rs6000 seems to be very capable for doing blind scans and receiving weak signals (thanks for the tests in this thread!).

I also like the form factor which makes it possible to use with a laptop.

Do you know if it’s already possible to get the box working with Crazyscan?

So far it doesn’t work – same for the TBS blind scan software which doesn’t support it.

CrazyCat's self-signed 6902SE driver doesn’t work with the 5930.
    Probably because to the added USB bridge and a single tuner instead of two in line with some other potential differences.

With CrazyScan support it would be a very nice portable device :)

Thanks for you Help / Danke für Eure Hilfe