Beiträge von SaTom

Hi, Femi!

Yes, the spectrum peaks the one anomaly, may also 5G or any interference. The probelm, if the peaks level higher, with in the Satellite recepted minimum signal.

Few month ago, I writed study in this anomaly, please read it:

netboard.hu fórum

(The study writed Hungarian language, please use translater)

(I love it the garden work, the my firstly hobbi :-)

I have two garden. One small cca. 500 nm, this live me and family, and the vineyard in Balaton, the one hectar. )

Dear, S-!

Great measuring, thank you!

This test good presenting, that "maybe" the too high the "noise" in the your QTH, -69dBm.

But!

As I know that "noise" cannot be higher than -60dBm, this in standard is the base station cases.

Therefore you measuring method dont ideal, because used feed, and scalar, the measuring value too higher. The reason for this is, that

this two elements functioned with gain factor, ergo gain to the "noise" signal.

The precision meauser device this case, the example HyperLOG antenna.

Best regards,

SaTom

Dear Satesco, dear DX amateurs!

We will soon make available a presentation based on a 24-hour measurement time interval that explains the operation of the software in detail. (Later on the project page, we will also publish it under the name "User Guide")

1. We will introduce the software installation methods

2. We describe in detail the software settings to be made before starting the measurement, the ways to fill in the input and drop-down fields

3. We analyze and evaluate the measurement results

4. We present how the information obtained from the evaluations and results can be useful for users

5. At the end, we present some examples of how you can improve the efficiency of your own systems by knowing all this information

We hope that the detailed description will be useful for all dear users, please be patient until it is published!

Thank you,

SaTom

Dear, Satesco!

Thank you for testing this new software.

In order for us to be able to help you, please provide the reception parameters, such as 7W 11559 V 27500 etc.

If you are not using the software as an extension or "extensions" and your system's default browser is Edge, you can take the following steps:

1. If you downloaded this software, unpack to an any folder, and right mouse click the "index.html" button, select the "Open with", and click the Firefox icon, or name

2. If you downloaded this software, unpack to an any folder, and drag-and drop "index.html" to Firefox active window.

Best regards,

SaTom

:-) Breaking news! :-)

Dear Satellite Dx amateurs!

Available the first public R.A.M.F SNR Reporting software version, to the GoldMaster SR-525 HD!

Project link:

GitHub - Csnyi/RamfReportSnr: SNR report with sr-525hd
    SNR report with sr-525hd. Contribute to Csnyi/RamfReportSnr development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

(The software can be downloaded from the project page. Click on the green " < > Code" button and select "Download ZIP" from the drop-down list.)

How use software in the browser?

1. If downloaded this software, unpack to an any folder, and load "unpacked extesion" in to browser, or

2. If downloaded this software, unpack to an any folder, and clilck the "index.html" button. The browser load to the WebAPI software.

We wish you successful tests and fruitful work using the software!

We welcome all comments, and feedback on the project page.

Best regards:

Csnyi, and SaTom

Dear Ocean!

Thank you this picture, yes, I now understand, what is say you to me. :-)

Your maked picture not LM value, the Signal value depict.

The SNR Reports application with diagram show two value, Signal (blue), and LM (orange).

Of course, the LM value never "lower" than -0,3 dB. If it does not locked the signal, signal noise ratio is not can it be calculated, therefore neither is the LM line, so this line zero.

The Signal, not LM, of course can be lower than -0,3 dB Unlocked value also, and lcan also be long times. Momently i dont have this status depict picture, but i have the today morning maked measuring screenshot, 28E 11426 V (10h_11426v.png)

This picture good depict the not locked, and locked signal level, and LM, int the 10 hours mesuring timeline.

The next zoomed diagramm in picture, show the many negatíve LM value. These negative values, also persist for a longer period of time than one second. (min_LM.png, Red marker)

To clarify my previous post,, "and in the case of a minus sign, what is the value that would be necessary a successful for image creation. (e.g. UV green markering, where a -0.3 dB signal loss is visible)"

I hope that this is a better write to describe how the software works.

Have nice evning!

SaTom

Hi, Ocean!

Yes, this picture showing to one second degradations.

The reason is that this reception is almost always available to me, and I suddenly didn't have a better "example".

Maybe tomorrow I will do a longer test run with the 28E, so that I can present it as well.

Have a nice evening!

SaTom

Dear Satesco!

Of course, this device not professional hardware, this is one explicitly low cost build (and price), but this fuctions surpasses that of commercial devices. The symbol rate not support the extreme value, e.g AMSAT receptions, but the satellite RF tuner sensitivty better than e.g. my TBS6903 PCIe, but a device can be a DX device not only because of its special sensitivity, but also because of its functions.

Why?

Perhaps you remember the DR. For HD F15, Garnd triple, or HD 1000 types.

Well, this device is most comparable to these, where new options and functions may have appeared even in ordinary commercial devices, such as the spectrum analyzer, or the display of dB values, which was a rarity at the time.

Now, all this can be achieved with so many differences that it is now "dressed up in a new guise" and other great functions have become available, let's look at only S2, S2X, T2MI, SAT to IP, etc. foundations, which in themselves are no longer secondary compared to their "predecessors".

Such more also have the the mobile apk and the open web API due to their many unexploited possibilities. They provide additional functionality even for an average user, as they go well beyond them.

Currently, apart from this product, no commercial device on the market provides such "Swiss army knife" options, so based on its functions, I think it deserves the category of DX devices.

(Based on my knowledge, more than one employee worked on the development of the R.A.M.F. who also participated in the development of the DR. HD that year. Perhaps it is not a coincidence that many of the same functions.)

Regards,

SaTom

Hi, Ocean!

Yes, this function working in the according to the user manual "Open_WEB_API_ver.1.17_eng.doc":

"Status field--->Description

snr--->signal quality, dB

lm_snr--->link margin, dB"

In the previous picture showed the unlocked signal, and negative Lock Margin, -0,3 dB.

Bests, regards

SaTom

The latest version of the GoldMaster SR-525HD “R.A.M.F SNR Reports” reporting application!

The new version is 3.15.01 (beta release)

This time, a new special function, which can almost be called the "Holy Grail" for DX amateurs, will be presented, which until now was almost only available with high-end premium devices (Unaohm, Rover, Televes, Rohde and Schwarz, Sefram, etc.), namely the LM i.e. Lock Margin measurement method!

Of course, the application also contains additional surprises and updates, the most noteworthy of which is that the application can now be integrated into systems as a browser extension. J

What happened so far?

It was presented, why and how important it is to have not only instantaneous measurement results, but also 24-hour measurement results displayed on a graph, since it is not uncommon for signal loss to occur even with a precisely adjusted antenna. Its causes have also been established, which are none other than e.g. the effect of the combination of low signal level and satellite wobble. Last but not least, it was detailed how this software helps to eliminate this phenomenon with a high probability.

NOW, the LM or Lock Margin measurement function is introduced:

The Lock Margin parameter is an essential part of every receptcions report, which provides information on the value at which the receptoin exceeds the minimum signal level at the given moment, and in the case of a minus sign, what is the value that would be necessary for a successful reception. (e.g. UV green markering, where a -0.3 dB signal loss is visible)

This is a very important function of the software, from now on e.g. in the case of the signal loss described above, information is not only available about the time of its occurrence and its time window, which is of course very useful in itself, but also about its extent, so it can be determined exactly what level of difference we are facing!

Change log:

* the software can already be integrated as a browser extension

* can be run on both mobile (e.g. Android, iPhone) and desktop (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX) devices

* modified user interface

(Corrected menu, value and parameter names)

*new application icon and "About" menu

Have nice weekend!

Best regards: The developer, and SaTom

Dear Satesco!

Thank you, that following the project!

!!-Important-!!

This project and promotions NOT OFFICIAL GoldMaster project, only my friend home made developing. The promotions dont have in the software download links, this is because, the software momently developer version.

Of course, the software will soon be available to the public on the GitHub page with a download link, license, support, and of course also version tracking. :-)

In the meantime, we ask for your understanding and patience!

Thank You!

SaTom

New version for R.A.M.F „SNR reports” tool!

Again one week passed, added the newest functions, and more precisioned settings modes to reporting tool. :-)

The new version 3.06.02

(beta release)

Change log:

* new user interface

(Corrected menu, vale, and parameter names)

* new menu in to the Frequency parametering settings

(Added the LNB Local Oscillator parametering box. Now, dont need calculating the IF frequency value, just selecting from the drop-down list the appropirate value.)

* new "Polarization" input methode

(Now you don't have to adding the int 0, or 1 parameter, only selecting the "Horizontal", or "Vertical" polarisation mode from the drop-down list)

* new "Tone" input methode

(Now you don't have to adding the int 0, or 1 parameter, only selecting the "On", or "Off" the 22kHz mode from the drop-down list)

* new "DISEqC" input methode

(Now you don't have to adding the HEX code parameter, only selecting the type 1.0, or 1.1 options switch port.)

* new "3D converter polling" input methode

(Now you don't have to adding the int 0, or 1 parameter, only selecting the "Enabled", or "Disabled " mode from the drop-down list)

* new measurement "Time Limit / SNR Report" input methode

(The time stepping modified second to minuts intervall)

* new names to the Locking status indicator

("jel" modified to C/N name, and corrigated the update intervall for 20 seconds (one cycle request))

We will soon make the webAPI application available and downloadable for everyone!

Have a nice weekend!

Greetings from the developer and SaTom! :-)

Dear all, dear DX amateurs!

Please view this linked turtorial video, with showing how it work the new webAPI interface wich the GoldMaster SR508 and 525 HD new measuring, logger, and chart features are available.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

This interface features in many funcion, but maybe the most importatn function, the signal-to-nois and LM chart.

The chart timeline showing the measuring time highest and lowest signal data too. (example 24 hours measuring case)You knowing, the satellites signal value, not linear in the 24 hours time. Variable, example the satellites due to its " eliptical swaying". Therefore the two measured extreme signal value, also a one time window too, which is a good opportunity that sett prcision the dish. :)

Best regards,

SaTom

Hi, A33!

Yes, you are a good observer, thanks!

This web API beta a version, have many bugs, but interesting that worked this settings, i checking now again.

Why dont testing, you not have this devices?

Regards,

SaTom

Dear, all, dear DX amateurs!

Maybe many you know, and use the Goldmaster SR 508 HD, and SR 525 HD devices.

Now, the my IT developer friend programmed the new, freeware web API interface, to this devices.

The new interface presentation showing in the linked post.

netboard.hu fórum

Please read it my article.

This program freeware, but If i liking, and would help the developer, test it this prelease program.

Send me to private message, we answer to you.

Thank you!

Best regards

SaTom

(Note: The article writed Hungaryan language, please use translater.)

Hi, Peon!

Yes, as I already wrote to you, your case, and country dont perfect example the system noise, and any factores, but many countrys, QTH and base station, distance, system noise, bringing to equipotential, system grounds, many in context true, as I wroted before.

Its my country dont same problem, because different the 5G system parameter, different the factor level, and disturbing parameter, but same the broadcasting, or receiving frequency.

If i ending the 5G measuring, and evaluation, i showing the studies regarding my country, and problems (even like my Chucky's, zoro67 friends problem) Of course, this studies dont tru all country in the world, but it may be true, many country :-)

"In the western positions, they are gradually turning off the transponders in the disturbed band." Yes, this the relative long tima solutions. The broadcasting frequency uppering to the high range in the all country, or int the world is.

(Maybe, and for good, but until then time, finding need to the solution)

Sorry, i f i dont spekaing correctly in engllish. I was self-taught int the language. My country, it ago time was taught the Russian :-)

Hi, Peon!

Yes, its true, my answer firstly prioritated say to Chucky, and secondary information to all, therefore im writed, "the many countrys", of course, not all.

With in many country, not "secondary", the QTH place, and the base station frequency range.

But!

Te question exactly, your which satellite, where are you want to receive?

If you country (Slovakia) using the 3,4 to 3,8 GHz range, what is the satellites, which in this band range broadcasting?

Second question (without DX), that this satellites footprint cover inside, or outside ont the your QTH palce?

Third question, the your system noise, harmonic frequency, with the near base stations, and the system shields in context.

Four, the received signal frequency, and oscillator to converted frequency and context in the "area" noise...

And, many more question, and parameter...

If you send to me spektrum, I will be happy to examine to you.

Momently also I now working this project. (My friend (zoro67) having, and use SDR, but too many problem have receiving....high noise, many harmonic frequency, etc)

One, or two week (or litle maybe later), if ending this my measuring project, showing to you, and all forum members the studies, and possibel solutions also.

Best, regards

SaTom

Dear, Chucky!

Few months early ago i'm writed two post to sat.hu forum. The post showing, how its works the 5G system in the many countrys.

netboard.hu fórum

Your problem not 5G radio signal, but the your used system, and/or system connected pieces, the cable shield, DISEqC switch, and connector shileds, and the interferece, in the 950-2100 MHz band range

The example, to the your anomaly.

You need the receiving any C-band signal. This signal frequency higher than that 5G frequency, but!

Your LNB converter, converting C-band signal to the lowest 950-2100 MHz, this band maybe the anomaly.

If need you the C-band signal receiving, this frequency band or spektrum not yor problem cases, because not same the receiving as 5G frequency, because the broadcast reception frequency highes, not 3,4 GHz or 3,8 GHz.

Example:

netboard.hu fórum

The infterference, and harmonic maybe present, the 950-2100 MHz frequency range.

And more one importatn.

The LTE filter, not filter, only this "name".

This function, cuts it out the 3,4-3,8 GHz range, ergo the LNB oscillator not converting to this signal range, so there is no interference, therefore, the satellite receiver does not detect the interference.

(Sorry, i dont speak perfectly English.)

Bests, regard

SaTom