Posts by SaTom

Hi, strannik, Hi all!

I have two "trivial" question, please help to me.

Firstly. I need using, the IQmonitor latest Pro version, how download? Not found the downlink me in the forum...
    Second, this article https://filatov-yuri.livejournal.com/16846.html noise reductions.
    This horn, applicate to PFA dish? If yes, how to?

(Sorry, the my basic questions.)

Best regards,
    SaTom

Hi, Pipino!

Thank you!

My QTH location:

SatQTHmap – Google My Maps
    Köszönet minden műholdvadásznak, akik megosztják a vételi lehetőségeiket a közösséggel. Feliratkozás: satqthmap@gmail.com
    www.google.com

This maps showinng, many more Hungarian DX-r friends also, select and klicking the actual nicknames. The page autozooms in the concrete areas and showing the QTH palce, plus more leftt side, list more DX receptions, and pictures.

Yes, i now using the Invacom QTF-031. This LNB, very good working the cross polarity isolations, this is function very important int the DX, and my LNB testing also showing, that this is LNB the biggest sensitive converter.

I few (one or two) years maked one LNB test, is Invacom, Inverto, MTI, and more with products. If would like, i' am happy to share it , this report/post.

Best, regards

SaTom

28.2E U.K. beams 0-24 hour DX receptions in Hungary II.

Hi, all!

I presenting to you, my second testing result, and receptions measurements report, now to the 11306 V frequencies. (The testing date: 2021.12.11)

2. Testing results, details

The firstly, and the nowing testing process difference, that i applicated the minimal changing the anything system devices, and i finished also few correction settings:

- the changing, that i applicated: used me, the new, designed by me, second version scalar feedhorn

- Modified to the LNB skew,

- Rim behind the scalar ring, down to the zero points,

- Dish elevation setting up to, cca. + 1 degrees

The early testing showed, that the 11306 frequency H, and V polarity, not 90 degrees int the received. Therefore, this 11306 V polarisation, new LNB skewing needed ago, this cca. -1 degrees moving, to accessing to the best signal. (That realized true? Don’t know securely, but this is my experience.)

2. Measurement report

The second frequency testing, difficult reception task.

28.2E 2F UK beam 11306 V https://www.lyngsat.com/muxes/Astra-2F_UK_11306-V.html

The SNR, in the 11306 V polarity cases to 7,3 dB maximum (Picture, 11306V SNR Max.jpg). If you remember my first study, or measurements report, this 11306 H in the case of polarity power maximum to 5,6 dB ago.

The upper and lower wave, or valley-period strong fluctuation of the signal level, observed in now. (Picture, 11306V SNR Min.jpg)

(I think maybe the scalar ring phase interference and/or quenching causes.)

Picture 11306V End.jpg shows the closing time of the entire reception interval with 6.8 dB SNR values. Uptime: 24:03 HH:MM, BER:4,7E-3

Conclusion of the second measuring:

The testing also now was successful, this is the receptions also are available daily 0 to 24 hours, its my QTH . (Great! Action, Movies, and GB News HD, etc.)

Thank you for your attention, I welcome all corrections, recommendations, comments, clarifications and additions, and I am also available for further questions.

Thank, you this reading also my second report.

Best, regards

SaTom

Dear, satesco!

Thank you for the welcome :-)

Sorry, my satellite dishes fixed system work, not move the longest degrees. Example, Andrew 370, min. 7E to maximum 30.5 E.

I living, the "forest" garden house, my reception places in tree shadowed, it’s in my forest. (Seven pine tree, one walnut, one pear tree, and more trees :-), i love it)

But, i have, DX receptions, i showing to you, and all forum DX-r peoples:

Please take a look at this topic, post:

/editing LINK by qwer

PS:

My, and you mutual friend, the DXBozoth, if i good know?!

Laci, is my mentor :-)Dear, DX-r friends!

Bests, regards

SaTom

28.2E U.K. beams 0-24 hour DX receptions in Hungary

Dear, DX-r friends!

Nearing the end of last year, I performed a "unique" test, the results and successes of which I would like to present to you.

The goal, was to make the readable receptions below, archived for 24 hours, without interruption above the lock limit (C/N Lock), with (presumably) maximum utilization of my QTH reception options.

In Europe, searchable and archived, only one professional Sat Dx amateur has been able to do this so far, Dávid Roman, who lives and works in Losonc (Lucenec), Slovakia. David's work in this direction, regarding the reception of the English beam by this satellite, goes back more than 10 years. For reception, he used a Prodelin prime focal antenna of the same size (370 cm) and also used a custom-built LNB holder and Feedhorn. Dávid's related thematic page and reception results are available at the following link: http://www.dxsatcs.com/content…2e-2f-2g-sat-dx-reception

Confirmation, of my receptions report:

Three value indicators are available, BER (Bit Error Rate), SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio), and Level, to confirm the reception, following Dávid's example. The totality and numerical value of the test values confirms that the "enjoyment quality" of the given reception reaches the pixel-free, glitch-free availability of the created image/sound in all testing time period.

Test factors at my QTH site:

During the tests, there are several compromises and negative test factors that have/can have a great impact on the reception results, such as:

• How to install the antenna

Fixed-mounted system without auto-correction or polar mount accessory, which determines that the result that can be achieved/reached in the case of a given reception is the maximum of the system's specificity.

• The satellites "wobble" or "nodding"

Which cannot be followed by the fixed installation, so the resulting signal level fluctuation is typical for receptions and cannot be corrected in real time, or during the tests

• Antenna accuracy, which in the case of the Andrew ES37 type represents the professional category by the "degree accuracy" level, also has a significant effect on the so-called satellites. The satellites stepp out, "wobbling" and "nodding" int the dish focal piont.

• Weather factors, which are drastic changes in the test time window compared to the initial conditions of the test. (Typically for time of year, e.g., strong gusts of wind, this can move the dish out of stable reception, large amounts of precipitation, which can cause a significant decrease in the EIRP, etc.)

Asset constants:

• The devices and system components used for tests and examinations are i used without modification in order to ensure a "homogeneous environment" for the reception results.

ES37 Andrew 3.7 meter Ku-Band Earth Station Antenna (without sub reflector)

ANDREW ES37MPJK Satellite Antenna

Invacom QTF-031 Quattro LNB

Weiterleitungshinweis

TBS6903 DVB-S2 Tuner card

TBS6903 Professional DVB-S2 Dual Tuner PCIe Card

EBSpro BETA v17.0.0.1 DVB analyzer software

EBSpro – The DXer's dream come true!

1. Reception report

The first frequency tested, a relatively easier reception, is 28.2E 2F UK beam 11306 H. https://www.lyngsat.com/muxes/Astra-2F_UK_11306-H.html

In order to carry out the test, a preliminary examination of a few days was necessary, in which it became possible to determine the fluctuation of the signal level caused by the negative test factors that appear periodically during receptions, due to the wobble of the satellites. After evaluating the test values, the reception SNR minimum and reception time can be determined, based on the coefficient of which, the precise AZ/EL adjustment of the antenna can be performed in the indicated time window, in order to achieve a nearly linear signal level. This operation, for a frequency of min. it takes two, but even three test periods, which is not only a very time-consuming task, but also a strong physical challenge, especially if the time window falls on 02:00 at night :-)

The main test:

In the picture 2_11306H.jpg, the start time of the test can be seen, with an SNR value of 4.90 dB, BER: 0.010.

In the image 2_11306H6.jpg, a repeated valley-period strong fluctuation of the signal level can be observed, the SNR drops to 3.59 dB. The reason for this is still unknown to me, it is not the same as the change in signal level caused by the fluctuation shown in the entire graph. Each valley period is preceded by a maximized reception peak, the total of which is approx. appears in a two-hour time window, as part of two daily events.

Picture 11306H24.jpg shows the closing time of the entire reception interval with 5.09 dB SNR values. Uptime: 24:05 HH:MM, BER:0.011 The reception maximum is 5.6 dB, at which value it is important to note that, by definition, we are not talking about the DX peak value after "best adjustment", the goal is to achieve the highest SNR value, almost the linear indicator.

Conclusion, the testing the was successful, the receptions are available daily 0 to 24 hours, its my QTH .

Thank you for your attention, I welcome all corrections, recommendations, comments, clarifications and additions, and I am also available for further questions.

Release and early information:

The next reception report, this is the satellite, 11306 V frequencies, also 24 hours Lock reception will be...

Bests, regards

SaTom

(Sorry, i don't perfectly my English. Google translator was help partly for the translation of my article.)

Hi, all DX-r!

I few days ago registered in this forum, please looking my DX QTH satellite systems.

First picture, the Andrew ES37 (3,7m)showed, fixed installed, dont maked polarmount, but can be rotated, and elevated.

The tower four meter, and the dish consol pipes moving upper to six meter lifitng.

28E U.K beam

LNB: Invacom QTF-031

Feedhorn:

The conical waveguide, and the feedhorn its my products, i planned, and maked.

This is second "tower", i installed int to the pergola roof. This antenna pipe nine meter, mounted parts, one WaveFrontier T90 (4W, 0,8W, 13E, 19E, 28E, 31,5E) and 130 Hirschmann (26E). Although it is not yet visible in the picture, a SAB - Click 97 antenna has also been mounted on the mast, which is currently in position 52E.

And the thirdest , but that dont last picture, the two, 180 cm Kunhegyesi PFA dishes positioned on 7E and 7W satellites, fixed installation.

LNB(s): 2 pcs. Inverto White Tech. (The picture is oldest, this showing the balck Inverto)

Feedhorn: Orion MP-1, and Invacom C120 (only waveguide), and the feedhorn its my products, i planned, and maked.

Other, system parts:

EMP Centauri 16/1 DiseqC,

Cable, Teletronik (RG6 T60HCU-E)

Connectors,

Opticum, F type

There is currently making console ready for the my new Andrew 240 PFA dish, one, maybe two month last ending the work, and showing to!

Have nice day!

SaTom