S-band beacon around 65°E

• Hi,

found this beacon on s-band on 2252.500 MHz. According my controller readout it is at 65°E.
    Looking at the frequency i would say a Skynet. But is there any in this direction?
    I have to mention that i am still not satisfied with my dish controller which gives me wrong AZ/EL and i try to find some reference points.

Roland, DF3LZ

Bilder

Ku-Band 180 cm, Norsat Quad band LNB 1000 HU
    Ka-Band 180 cm, Norsat and Inverto LNB

Receiver AR 5000 + NetSDR, SDRplay RSP2pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Triker ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi, unfortunately, that is below my horizon.

hvdh's list http://members.ziggo.nl/hvdh16/Sats/Sats.htm only shows ComSatBw-1 in that area at 63E. However, Orion 5, 68E, is highly inclined at 11deg but I don't know if that has S band. I can't see any Skynets nearby.

http://frequencyplansatellites…pe-Africa-MiddleEast.html gives a frequency of 2218,7511 for ComSatBw-1 but I am not sure if that is correct.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• The next one i "see" is this one near 40°E. The corrected frequency is 2252.487 MHz. Nearly the same level with a SNR of 30db of the center carrier.

Bilder

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Triker ()

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Triker
    The next one i "see" is this one near 40°E. The corrected frequency is 2252.487 MHz. Nearly the same level with a SNR of 30db of the center carrier.

I can't see anything at that position but Skynet 5B is very close to that frequency

/edit by qwer: LINKS disappeared (01.08.2020)

Also, Skynet 5D is very close in frequency to your 65E observation. is it possible that your controller is as much as 15deg east?

I have also updated the other Skynet plots with more accurate frequencies.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• At least this is a point to start. seems that the controller is 13° wrong to each direction. So the configuration for the number of pulses from the hall sensor is to high.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!