James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) L2

• Offizieller Beitrag

James Webb Space Telescope (JWST, L2)

Almost at the L2 point, currently setting up the mirrors. Quite strong at DSS54, Madrid at -88dBm on a 32m dish. Not quite as strong with me on a 1.2m dish with a ~4dB NF LNA. In addition, using a linear feed loses me 3dB. Too wide for the Airspy SDR but the whole signal is just visible on an analyser.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm now using a down-converter at the feed which may have improved the overall NF a little. Still using a linear feed.

JWST has been at L2 for a while now and the data rate was 28MBd and the signal -91.7dBm at DSS54, Madrid.

The signal was much more difficult to detect this time. I hadn't realised that the data rate must have been reduced when they were testing when I saw it in January. The plot below has the same span as the analyser plot above (50MHz total).

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!