56.5°E Inmarsat-5 F4 or 56.8°E WGS-8

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not sure if these signals are from Inmarsat or WGS-8 at 56.8E. There is only 0.5 degree between them from my location. There are 2 carriers, spaced at 1MHz, on 20201 and 20202MHz and a 32APSK signal, unlocked, on 20506 MHz, 32APSK, 9000, 3/4. The carriers are only 22dB C/N in 50Hz so are hard to find without an analyser. The APSK signal is well below threshold with me. All are circular polarised and were received on a linear feed.

I can not see the 20680 signal but the LNB has rolled off a long way by there.

Can anyone else get a better fix on them?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for finding this, be it Inmarsat-5 F4 or WGS-8, that both arrived recently here. In any case, worth a new topic!
    I suppose there is nothing below 20.2 GHz that would be Inmarsat only.
    Surely the correct satellite will be identified sooner or later.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von hvdh
    Thanks for finding this, be it Inmarsat-5 F4 or WGS-8, that both arrived recently here. In any case, worth a new topic!
    I suppose there is nothing below 20.2 GHz that would be Inmarsat only.
    Surely the correct satellite will be identified sooner or later.

Thanks, hvdh. I cannot see the beacons that are supposed to be on Inmarsat. However, I left the dish pointing at that location and a strange signal has appeared on 19600MHz circular. There is a strong carrier with sidebands spaced at about 78.6kHz that spread +/-25MHz. The SDR only has a span of 5 MHz and the analyser does not have enough resolution so I can't show the whole thing. It can be seen on Crazyscan but makes less sense there.

As far as I can tell the new one peaks at the same point as the beacons.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von hvdh
    Great! The Inmarsat-5 frequency plan lists 19600 as 32 MHz gateway transponders, both LHCP and RHCP.
    http://frequencyplansatellites…g/Inmarsat/Inmarsat_5.pdf

Interesting. I am still confused as I can't work out what the data format is since I can't see any actual data. The comb is static.

There's another Ka satellite 2 degrees west and 1 degree north of this one. It has a CW beacon at 20202.5 (needs checking) and the wide band data as attached. Expres-AM6?

Bilder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried again with the circular polariser. It was very confusing as the satellites share frequencies but on opposite polarisations. All beacons appear to be CW only.

Listed are my guesses at the satellites and their beacons. The Az-El values do not have good absolute accuracy but have reasonable relative accuracy, at least to the extent that I have the satellites in the correct position order.

hvdh, do you find it believable?

Bilder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi s-band! The 53.0°E beacons above 20.2 GHz are more likely from 52.5°E Al Yah 1.
    Also the Az/El relative to the other 2 positions would better fit with 52.5°E.

But the wideband (72 MHz ?) signal centered around 20075 MHz is problematic, it does not fit the Express-AM6 frequency plan, and Al Yah 1 is supposedly only military in Ka-band (band C).
    Maybe Feedsat can have a look someday? :91:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I locked 20205 L 9892 a moment before, but signal left a short moment later when I tried to find position... :79:

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

That´s a strange signal - only active for a 1/10 sec... no chance for a manual scan...

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Testing CrazyScan Vers. 1.0.2.146 and Orbital 1825F LNB.

I can "see" up to 20600 MHz.

Had to re-check soon with complete Band C LNB...

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Again a smooth lock on 20205 L.

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure, probably from position 56.8°E:

20870 L 18202 2/3 DVB-S2 QPSK

20906 L 24788 3/4 DVB-S2 QPSK

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just another try with Inverto IDLK-SINL20-KAKU-OPP and CrazyScan Version 1.0.2.146 on 1,8m (Invacom feed), using plastic plate inside.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Circular left spectrum from position 56.8°E (I think)... :175:

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Circular right spectrum from position 56.5°. A big transponder on 20540 R, but nothing to lock.

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Circular left spectrum in upper band C (including band D with MCL-KP04). Frequency 20905 L has no signal on this setup, probably off?

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just my circular left spectrum from position 56.5°E (I know, 56.8°E has left) - no locks in band C range, even not in S2X.

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now in circular right.

Bilder

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!