04.0°E AEHF-1 (relocated) (incl.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

hvdh thinks, these are what Feedsat calls "crazy spikes"! They are typical of secure jam-resist communications.
    Both AEHF-1 and AEHF-2 are on the move in that area (see the AEHF topic, where I already mentioned that).

AEHF-1 (incl. 0.6°) was last observed at 30°W on 14 April, moving East 1° per day. Today would be near 21°W.

AEHF-2 (incl. 1.7°) was last observed at 0°E on 20 March, moving West 1° per day. Today would be near 35°W.

So one of the two has slowed down or stopped!
    It would be great if you keep checking the coming days to determine the drift or exact location. :71:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dreamsat & Feedsat, would it be possible to check again for these AEHF signals please?
    There are no recent visual observations, probably due to the short nights, nowadays.

If the AEHF's have not stopped their drift yet, AEHF-1 will be about 5.5°W, and AEHF-2 will be 50...51°W.

If any of the two has stopped, these are AEHF locations (from ITU filings): 39°W, 31.5°W, 16.5°W, 9°W.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Part of the puzzle is solved, some swapping has taken place!

AEHF 1 (previously at 67.7°W) is stationary now at 4.0°E (incl. 0.5°).

4.0°E is the previous location of Milstar-2 F3, that now can be found at 19.0°E (incl. 7.5°).

And 19.0°E is the old location of AEHF 2, that by now probably is below the Western horizon for us.
    (Edit June 27: AEHF 2 now stationary at 67.7°W)

P.S. I renamed this topic, hoping AEHF-1 will stay at 4.0°E for a while...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks hvdh for these accurate updates

• Offizieller Beitrag

Whilst looking for something on 4.8E I noticed strong frequency hopping signals from something a little to the west of 4.8E. I'm guessing that this may be AEHF1 according to hvdh's list. I was using a band D LNB on a 1.5PF with an offset feed, linear, vertical, so it was not optimised. The CW signals at the low end are internally generated by the RX.

@mods, please edit and move to band C

/Done and merged in this toppic by qwer.

Bilder

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Still there, just a quick check, easy to recognize this satellite spectrum signature (I don't know what are these spikes, exactly... ?)

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Feedsat
    Still there, just a quick check, easy to recognize this satellite spectrum signature (I don't know what are these spikes, exactly... ?)

I think it is frequency hopping spread spectrum. It you look at the waterfall in my post above, each dot is a transmission. There may be multiple earth stations uplinking. If you look at a single frequency in the time domain you should see the individual pulses. Crazyscan catches an occasional, random, pulse as it sweeps.

There is one with a different hopping scheme here:

/edit by qwer: LINKs disappeared (01.08.2020).

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for your explanations

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can see this kind of spectrum here too (1.2m).

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von qwer
    I can see this kind of spectrum here too (1.2m).

Same situation today (circular left scan).

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just my current (here: linear) spectrum (20,5GHz-21,2GHz) with Inverto IDLK-SINL20-KAKU-OPP and modified CrazyScan Version 1.0.2.146.

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just another spectrum.

/edit: linear scan.

Bilder

• yes there are some strange activity here too :125:
    spectrum changes continuously !!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von flie
    yes there are some strange activity here too :125:
    spectrum changes continuously !!

Viewed using CS you will see snapshots of the frequency hopping signals.

See

The light spots on the waterfall are individual transmissions, the spectrum is a snapshot of one capture.

Also

40km East of London, UK

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von s-band ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

A new AEHF location, at about 54.65°E.
    Now the AEHF series is complete:
    111.0°E (incl. 0.6°): AEHF-3 (USA-246)
    54.65°E (incl. 5.9°): AEHF-5 (USA-292)
    04.0°E (incl. 2.8°): AEHF-1 (USA-214)
    67.6°W (incl. 2.1°): AEHF-2 (USA-235)
    150.0°W (incl. 3.8°): AEHF-4 (USA-288)

103°W (incl. 7.5°): AEHF-6 (USA-298) was launched in March 2020 and is still slowly drifting West.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just another look at circular left spectrum. About +2.0° iclination at scan time.

Bilder

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!