24.8°W Alcomsat-1

• hello master hvdh :96:

A very interesting way you can calculate every TP of Alcomsat 1 :95:
    Thank you so much :73:
    They said that he has 33 Ku-Band TP and you found 23 !! :36:

I don't Understand How you do this calculation ? & Why you don't chose 40 MHZ between all TP ?

Why did not you mention 12505H&V ! I still can see it while the tests are over!!
    Is this because it is a middle one ? What is the meaning of middle TP?

yes I didn't see 12400V & 12440V & 12480V ! & don't know why? :37:
    may I will see them later

& there is some thing strange , I see also 12749 & many other (12630,12728 ...!!!)in these Test TP ! but it gone quikly !

Sorry for the many questions ! & also for my bad english !
    It is a pleasure to be in the elite forum SATELLITE.COMMUNITY.de :12:

Bilder

• I think I understand you a bit :88:

ther are 2 KU-band .....Kulo &Kuhi and between them there is 22Khz tone ! :21:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello flie,

- Yes, so far only 23 transponders found by you and the others.
    Where you read 33 transponders, it is the total of the satellite: divided into 19 Ku, 12 Ka and 2 L-band.
    But several other counts are out there as well...
    - I see a pattern where separation is 40 MHz below 12.5 GHz, and 60 MHz above 12.5 GHz. The actual transponder bandwidth is always a bit below that, standard transponder bandwidths are 36 and 54 MHz respectively.
    - For example, if a 54 MHz transponder is centered at 12540, test carriers will normally be within a range of +/- 27 MHz (12513...12567).
    Your last GIF's show nicely the background noise of the 12540 V and 12660 V transponders, with the carriers peaking out. Transponder 12600 V is switched off apparently at that time.
    - The signals near band end (12505, 12749) are beacon and/or telemetry signals, narrow band only. You won't find DVB-S there in the future.
    Edit: the 12749 may actually be 12747 (12720 + 27), and belong to normal transponder.

Your last question: the 22 kHz tone that your receiver sends to the LNB, is to select "high band": 11.7...12.75 GHz. Low band is 10.7...11.7 GHz.
    So all Alcomsat-1 test we have seen until now was in high band. But in Region 1 (our part of the world), there is a distinct separation into BSS band (11.7...12.5 GHz) and FSS band (12.5...12.75 GHz). A normal transponder will never overlap 12.5 GHz, the few MHz around it is for beacons and telemetry only.

• Hi master hvdh :72:

yes it is my mistake :89: ,alcomsat1 has only 19 TP for Ku-band !

I don't understand all what you said ,but I will try & learn from you
    &Thank you for your patience with me :73:

the wired thing that we find more than 19 !!!!
    is that mean that 19 Ku will be 19*2=38 Tp ku band H&V TP ???? :36:
    -we don't find yet 12400V & 12440V & 12480V !!!
    yes satesco said :we don't expect that all these test tp will work in the future !

satbeam add the same foot print without EiRP LEVEL !
    but it is very interesting that satesco & Qwer ,milan58 & marval450 has found some test tp from Alcomsat1 in EUROPE ! ,thanks for them all :73:

the last 2 days no "test tp" show up to me ! may be tests are over ?

I asked some one & he told me :

"All satellites are so
    After conducting experiments on frequencies and their success will be reduced until they stop
    And then deliver the sat and the owners of the sat only launch channels
    And its release is delayed"

-you talk also about beacons and telemetry !
    is 12505 is a beacons or telemetry for Alcomsat1?

I still can see it while the tests seems are over !
    12505 H&V in low signal ?! :90:

• Looks like the tests are over

They are holding a ceremony in Algeria for Alcomsat1

They also spoke about him on Algerian television to night :73:

• Offizieller Beitrag

We have found 23 Ku transponders (so far). The mentioned count of 19 is simply wrong. Published technical details are often wrong or misinterpreted.

A few days ago I mentioned Satbeams about the little footprint, he added it to his site, it's better to have something (without EIRP) than nothing, he must have thought!

Yes when you see a circle, it is a carrier. Since you see it both in H and V, it will actually be circular polarisation (L or R). It is very common for beacons to be in circular polarisation.

Who are these men on the pictures, an ASAL and government official?

• thank you again master hvdh for reply :72:

yes you are right ,one of them is director of asal (The Director-General of the Algerian Space Agency, Ezzeddine Ousdik) thes second is government officia (The Secretary-General of the Republic, Al-Uqbi)

https://www.ennaharonline.com/…%d8%aa%d9%87%d8%af%d9%8a/

"The Secretary-General of the Republic, Al-Uqbi, has received a satellite image of Alcom Sat 1 as a gift to the President of the Republic for his contribution to the development of national technological capabilities.

The Director-General of the Algerian Space Agency, Ezzeddine Ousdik, gave the President of Bouteflika the "Sat" Medal in recognition of the confidence he placed in the IAEA's frames and engineers."

So the tests for Acomsat1 ended I think :125:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von flie ()

• still test carrier tp to day also !!

Bilder

• an other one show up !!

Bilder

• I think that the tests are over
    but it isn't :89: !!

Bilder

• an other one this time !

Bilder

• an other test
    12440 h again

Bilder

• this is the 1st time tests continue at night !
    the sat is controlling by Algerians now :73:

Bilder

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von flie ()

• they continue test in night this time

12160H again

Bilder

• this is strange :73:
    milan58 the signal is strong in your area too !

in this moment there is no test in my area !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!