TBS6909X DVB-S2X & ACM/VCM

• Zwischenfazit nach einer guten Woche: Ich würde die Karte wieder kaufen. Nicht perfekt, aber nach einigen vielen Stunden Ausprobierens läuft sie für meine Zwecke gut, fast sehr gut. Das sie nicht die schnellste im Blindscan ist und für schnelles Scannen ganzer Satelliten nicht unbedingt die Nummer eins ist, war ja vorher bekannt. Ich nutze nur Blindscan 1 für definierte Frequenzbereiche. Mir gings es um Genauigkeit, Stabilität u.ä. und da bin ich zufrieden.

Die Einstellungen bzw. deren Änderungen in der streamreader.ini mit gesetzten Semikolon haben bei mir keine Änderung gebracht. Ich habe aber auch nicht weiter getestet. Ich finde es aber nach wie vor nicht zielführend, dass sich Programmierer außerstande und Willens zeigen, da mal etwas Klarheit reinzubringen. Das Scheinargument, dass es kostenlos ist, ist für mich keines. Wie schon mal geschrieben, würde ich gern auch etwas dafür bezahlen, aber natürlich nicht als einziger.

Wer schnell Feeds oder ähnliches finden will, ist aber sicher bei der 6902/6904SE besser aufgehoben. Die Kombination 6904SE + 6903x ist sicher optimal für diesen Zweck. Über Auswertungssoftware wie IQmonitor kann ich keine Meinung mitteilen, da damit keine Erfahrungen.

Besten Dank noch mal an Femi und Satesco für die Unterstützung! Von irgendjemand anderem kam ja nichts, außer der Kleinigkeit von EnoSat.

• If I understood correctly what you meant about the developers of these dvb apps, you should know that not paying for them makes the card not work as you would like, especially under Windows. It's about access to the chip source code.

There seem to be "objective" reasons for its manufacturer not to reveal all this chip can do, which can also touch sensitive areas,

Both TBS, especially crazycat, have done everything possible to exploit what they can so that cards with stid135 work mainly within the standard parameters.

If deeptho managed to make these cards work better under Linux, he designed the driver and created his application, neumoDVB, starting from another approach. As you know, developers have more creative freedom under this operating system than Windows.

It's good that you have realized that even with the limitations we have discovered in their exploitation, these cards are the only ones, for now, that help us get better results for our hobby that no other dvb card can offer us.

Regards

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Nein Satesco, dass meine ich nicht. Ich weiß, dass es auf Grund von nicht Offenlegen der Daten seitens des Chip-Herstellers Grenzen gibt. Ich kritisiere nur, dass die Programmierer (Cc) nicht eine kleine Anleitung zu den Einstellungen ihrer Programme/Dateien schreiben. Crazycat könnte bspw. seine Streamreader-Einstellungen kurz und bündig für alle formulieren und wie tatsächlich auskommentiert wird. Dauert 10 Minuten...

No Satesco, that's not what I mean. I know there are limits due to the chip manufacturer not disclosing the data. My only criticism is that the programmers (Cc) don't write a small guide to the settings of their programs/files. Crazycat could, for example, formulate its stream reader settings briefly and succinctly for everyone and how comments are actually made. Takes 10 minutes...

• Die einzig unkommentierten sind die hier / The only ones without comments are these:

;AGCIQBeta=0

;DSS=1

;TrickAPSK=1

;FrameMode=1

;ForceAccept=1

;DemodMode=1

;ACM=0

;RFSource=1

;BLScanStd=1

;BSAlgo=1

;BSPass=2

Natürlich wäre es nicht schlecht zu wissen, was man damit ändert. In den meisten Fällen reicht die Standardeinstellung, welche wohl 96% der User verwenden.

Bei CS und EBSPro sind die Einstellmöglichkeiten im Programm ebenfalls sehr bescheiden.

Persönlich hätte ich mir die Weiterentwicklung und Fehlerbeseitigung beim IQMonitor gewünscht.

Of course it wouldn't be bad to know what you're changing with it. In most cases, the standard setting, which 96% of users use, is sufficient.

With CS and EBSPro, the setting options in the program are also very limited.

Personally, I would have liked to see further development and bug fixes in IQMonitor.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• Hi all!

The QMonitor program does not work for me with the TBS6903x. All Windows programs cannot work correctly with this card, which is why I switched to Linux. So far I have not solved the problem with installing Neumodvb.

Brgds

• Hallo Sergey,

Welche IQM Version hast du probiert?

Bei der 6903x sieht man im dF-modus mit dem IQMonitor das Spektrum erst nach dem Transpondersuchlauf, der sehr lange dauert.

Für neumo hätte ich mir so gerne einen bootfähigen USB-Stick mit dem Programm drauf gewünscht; bisher blieb es ein Wunsch.

Leider sind auch die professionellen Messgeräte, ich habe einmal das Sefram High-End Gerät getestet, nicht so für unsere Zwecke gemacht und obendrein kommt man schon in den 5-stelligen Euro bereich.

Hello Sergey,

Which IQM version did you test?

With the 6903x, in dF mode with the IQMonitor, you can only see the spectrum after the transponder search, which takes a very long time.

I would have loved to have had a bootable USB stick with the program on it for neumo; so far it has remained a wish.

Unfortunately, the professional measuring devices - I once tested the Sefram high-end device - are not designed for our purposes and, on top of that, they are already in the 5-digit euro range.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• Hello Femi!

I have tried all versions of IQM. They work with the (USB) TBS5580 card without problems, but no version of IQM works with the TBS6903x.

P.S. Another thing I don’t like about the program is that its working windows open and move separately.

• "aber keine Version von IQM funktioniert mit der TBS6903x"

Dem muss ich widersprechen

Ich habe heute einen Scan im K-Band auf 16°E gemacht, einmal mit der TBS6908 und einmal mit der TBS6903x.

Die 6903x hat mir nicht alle Transponder eingelesen, vorallem auch nicht 21563 mit der niedrigen Symbolrate (128 kS/s3).

Die Einstellungen waren bei beiden Karten ident.

Problem bei der 6903x ist der fehlende Scan. Man kann daher die RF Threshold nicht anpassen.

Ich habe es noch nicht probiert, aber Fensterpositionen in Windows lassen sich sperren.

Zwei Fenster bleiben es zwar, bleiben aber an der Stelle.

"but no version of IQM works with the TBS6903x"

I have to disagree with that

Today I did a scan in the K-band at 16°E, once with the TBS6908 and once with the TBS6903x.

The 6903x didn't read all transponders for me, especially not 21563 with the low symbol rate (128 kS/s3).

The settings were identical on both cards.

The problem with the 6903x is the missing scan. You cannot therefore adjust the RF threshold.

I haven't tried it yet, but window positions in Windows can be locked.

There are two windows, but they remain in place.

• Test with IQmonitor v.1.0.3.0 for the 6909x card at 19.0E.

femi and other users, myself included, who have used 6903x/6909x cards, agree that scanning with IQmonitor takes a very long time, which reduces the interest in using these cards more often with this app.

Unfortunately, despite @Strannik's willingness to improve his app for these cards, he could not do much for it because he did not have 6903x/6909x available.

If you want to get familiar with IQmonitor with 6903x, try a satellite with a DTH signal, like I did this time.

But I'm sure it's not the type of signal you're particularly interested in, but satellites with multiple spots, uneven signal, and using the parameters for the S2X-extension cards.

I will do such tests with 6909x on such satellites.

Because the IQm 1030 version cannot save the list of transponders found, I only post the screenshot with the spectrum obtained, including the settings chosen to scan. Maybe another better configuration can be selected to get a better result.

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Thanks for showing the experience using the 6903x, I couldn't do that using IQM. And in Linux, I also still can’t mount Neumodvb (Cmake txt when installing, the text is red), which probably indicates some kind of error. P.S. Is it possible to record a GSE stream on Neumodvb?

• Bezüglich Linux und neumoDVB muss ich passen

Regarding Linux and neumoDVB, I have to pass

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!