Astra 1D converter

• Can you please be a little more specific?
    Do you mean the Amateur Radio TV transmissions between 10.49 and 10.50 GHz or the regular tv programs on Es´Hail 2?
    The first ones are not visible on that spectrum, because that begins at 10.7 GHz.

To receive the Amateur Radio Transmissions, i use an Astra 3D Converter and that works fine with all of my receivers that are able to receive SR smaler than 1000 and frequencies that are close together. Only the Es´hailsat promo transmission with an SR > 1000 can be received constantly with all sat receivers.

C-, Ku- und Ka Band Empfang mit 3 x 125 cm EmmeEsse/Kreiling Satantennen in Ostwestfalen (Germany).
    PC Card: TBS 5925. Aktuell genutzte Receiver: Amiko Viper 4K, OB S3 Mini II, Dr HD D15, CT 4100/4100+. :51:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von satdxer ()

• Do you mean the Amateur Radio TV transmissions between 10.40 and 10.50 GHz

Yep.

Astra 3D Converter
    and that is (picture) ?

Mvg

The Astra 1D converter shifts the frequencies from the ATR transmissions in a frequency range that can be received with a normal receiver. It was used to receive the new extended Astra 1D frequencies with old receivers. But it is not easy to find such a converter nowadays. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_1D

C-, Ku- und Ka Band Empfang mit 3 x 125 cm EmmeEsse/Kreiling Satantennen in Ostwestfalen (Germany).
    PC Card: TBS 5925. Aktuell genutzte Receiver: Amiko Viper 4K, OB S3 Mini II, Dr HD D15, CT 4100/4100+. :51:

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von satdxer ()

• qwer

Hat den Titel des Themas von „merge“ zu „Astra 1D converter“ geändert.
  • :49: FYI: I´ve merged Delta Star question in small talk section...

• Here is a picture of my Astra 1D converter. Sometimes it is offered within a mixed lot of old sat stuff on ebay.

• TBS 5925: Here a frequency check with the converter activated. Normaly, the TBS 5925 is not able to receive frequencies lower than 10700 MHz.

• I currently have 2 stb that can receive 10492H 1500 with no extra hardware. Both can only receive this promo, tuner works poorly with low SR.

Many receivers 10492H would probably work, if you could somehow remove software limitation. Receivers that can work well with low SR are not very common.

3m 53E - 8W, 2.4m 68.5E - 47.5W
    Octagon SF8008, Edision OS MIO
    Western Finland (63N 22E)

• Sorry, i forgot to mention that the Apebox C2 4K is able to receive the AR Promo Channel without a converter and with a normal LNB.
    It works fine, if you put in the parameters of the transponder manually.

@ocean: which 2 receiver do you use to re ceive the promo channel?

• I use a very old free version of CrazyScan and EBS.

But you have to understand a few basics of sat reception to work with both programs.

• for normal use: DVBDream and SmartDVB.

If DVBDream can't find it for whatever reason, I use CrazyScan and EBSPro. Now I also want IQMonitor included.

Another question; Can IQMonitor be installed on a USB stick and will the program run?!

Best regards

• Yes, you can copy IQMonitor to an USB-Stick, but the addons like TSReader .... must be installed on your PC.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• ocean

Does that mean that the tuner itself can do this and only the frontend.cpp is adapted and enigma2 has to be recompiled with it?
    Can you go into a little more detail and describe the procedure?

• Does that mean that the tuner itself can do this and only the frontend.cpp is adapted and enigma2 has to be recompiled with it?
    Can you go into a little more detail and describe the procedure?

No enigma2 changes are needed. Only tuner driver avl6261.ko needs to be modified. Driver source and build instructions are in github.

GitHub - edision-open/dvb-frontends-avl62x1: Availink AVL62x1 S/S2/S2X demodulator driver and Airoha AV201x tuner driver
    Availink AVL62x1 S/S2/S2X demodulator driver and Airoha AV201x tuner driver - GitHub - edision-open/dvb-frontends-avl62x1: Availink AVL62x1 S/S2/S2X…
    github.com

• Not related to this subject, but there is another interesting modification you can do with the driver.

It's possible to ask SNR from tuner even if there is no lock.

This means it's possible to display SNR value also for unlocked transponders in signal finder.

For example Eshail 1 never got anything here, 11604H is always under lock. This it what it is:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!