TBS6909X DVB-S2X & ACM/VCM

• Hi dk,

I understand that you are cautious about buying the 6903x card, and it is no longer news that 6903x/6909x work slower under Windows than other dvb cards. Under Linux, however, it's a different story. It beats most dvb cards in this respect.

Instead, they offer what most cards cannot because of the hardware. The 6903x, for example, identifies and can lock in 256APSK mode.

Of course, in today's conditions, transmissions with such parameters are few, or perhaps we will fail to find them. But even if we see them, most of them are for Data. This does not mean we should not buy such cards, as we find that more and more transmissions, especially feeds, use the latest parameters.

The 6909x card was also designed for streams, but if you're not going to deal with that area, then the 6903x is sufficient for your personal needs.

I want to point out one thing to remember: even though it seems like I'm making a plea for the 6903x/6909x cards, I don't want to urge anyone to buy them.

I try to detach myself from my subjectivity when writing about 6903/6909x not to give the impression that every user should buy them. Far be it from me to think that, as there have been some buyers, some even dxers, who have been disappointed that they purchased these cards thinking I don't know what.

That's why, as with any significant purchase, you think long and hard, as you are doing now, whether it's worth "risking" such an expensive purchase. As I did myself in 2010 when I decided to buy a costly dvb card from several manufacturers. I didn't know TBS existed but was very interested when I saw the product offerings and prices.

There were no reviews about TBS cards on the forums, so they were little known. The most exciting card was 6925, with tempting features like 16/32APSK modulation. It cost $250!

Nobody assured me that it was worth buying, but as my passion for receivers was strong, I decided with a heavy heart to buy it. When I tried it for the first time, I was the happiest man alive and congratulated myself for choosing it. After only a year, the card broke; it wouldn't lock in 8PSK mode.

You can imagine what I went through then, but thank God, the card was under warranty, and the seller sent me another one at no extra charge.

However, I used the card so often that it broke again after a few months. Again, I had the same emotions as the first one, but to their credit, TBS sent me another one.

In the meantime, I discovered that other buyers had suffered the same with the 6925, so the manufacturer released the 6983/6903 with a better chip and secure card protection during heavy use. Since then, I haven't had any problems with TBS cards, and he has proven attentive to buyers' opinions.

What I'm saying now seems pathetic/dramatic, but like anything in life, when you set out to do something, any other considerations are less important. As they say, the goal comes first, and the means to achieve it are put in its place.

I think I wrote too much about a matter that should not concern me, but seeing your doubts about buying this card, I thought you were in the same dilemma as me when I decided to buy an expensive card.

So the decision is yours...

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Hi Satesco,

thank you. You have written a lot, but I just wanted to know whether the 6903x/6909x finds about as many transponders via EBSPro as the 6904SE, for example, and whether blind scan mode 1 and 2 are generally supported. It is well known that it is slower, but I was not interested in the speed, but in the result and the number of transponders found. And whether both BS & DT modes work in EBS Pro, for example. That's all I wanted.

I couldn't read either from your answer.

You don't have to worry that someone will prosecute you if they follow your opinion and the result is not so good. It's always the buyer's risk.

Best regards :3:

• So many physical factors differentiate the two types of cards, 6904se and 69093x, so they cannot be technically put on the same level.

First and foremost is the demodulator, which has consequences for using both cards. This is why the results are different when scanning.

For example, the 6904 can read symbol rates between 1 and 45Ms/s, while the 6903x can find and lock over 100000 Ms/s. Another significant difference is that 6904se cannot detect transponders with generic streams, while 6903x can identify and lock such streams.

Not to mention the mode used by the two cards for detecting and locking transponders: 6904 is only found up to 32APSK, while 6903x is up to 256APSK.

So, the two cards are equipped with different technical features, and the results are different. These differences occur, especially when scanning satellites with transmission feeds.

If the same parameters are used, the results when scanning with 6904se and 6903x for TV/Radio packet transmissions with DTH signal are about the same.

Another factor in the equation is the signal strength of the antenna. In this respect, the 6904se tuner is more sensitive to a weak signal.

But without further ado, here's what the 6902se/(6904se) and 6909x(6903x) cards found at 1.0W between 10700-11200 V, where they transmit TV/radio packages, the latter are either generic stream or transponder.

C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,

• Hi Satesco, you really are one of the most helpful users I know :73: . But you make it unnecessarily difficult for yourself and the questioner with these long texts. My English is not the best, so I had it translated. Maybe that's also the reason.

I've had the 6904SE for a while now. I know how it works. I'm only interested in EBS Pro and Crazycat at least once. That's why I asked whether Blindscan 1 and Blindscan 2 only work and are supported in EBS Pro? Again, you haven't answered that. And whether BS mode and DT mode are also supported in EBS Pro? That's all I really wanted to know, dear satesco.

I know that the 6903x is more specific and processes higher symbol rates, for example. That's why I want to buy it and not the 6909x. Femi has also made a good contribution to this.

I can see from the screenshot that it takes about 7 times longer with the 6909-x. I assume that was Blindscan 2? How does it behave in terms of time in Blindscan 1?

If you feel like doing it again ... and you can leave out the all around.

Best regards :3:

• Ich habe jetzt eine Weile bei Rick gelesen und die erste Frage ist beantwortet - eine Zeile hätte gereicht. Die 6903x (STiD135) unterstützt generell kein Blindscan 2, aber Blindscan 1. Ich gehe jetzt davon aus, dass der BS-mode und Direct Tuning und Transponder Analyzing übers Dropdown-Menü funktioniert.

Nur über die Genauigkeit des Blindscan 1 in EBS Pro oder Crazycat gab es unterschiedliche Meinungen. Und komischerweise hatten 2 Leute auch Probleme mit dem zeitgleichen und separaten Nutzen beider Tuner der 6903x in unterschiedlichen Programmen oder in zwei Instanzen der gleichen Programme. Normalerweise werden Dualtuner beworben und die sollten dann auch getrennt in zwei unterschiedlichen Programminstanzen zeitgleich genutzt werden können

Kann das jemand beantworten?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading Rick for a while now and the first question has been answered - one line would have been enough. The 6903x (STiD135) generally does not support blindscan 2, but blindscan 1. I now assume that BS mode and direct tuning and transponder analyzing via the dropdown menu work.

There were only different opinions about the accuracy of Blindscan 1 in EBS Pro or Crazycat. And strangely enough, 2 people also had problems with the simultaneous and separate use of both tuners of the 6903y in different programs or in two instances of the same program. Normally dual tuners are advertised and it should be possible to use them separately in two different program instances at the same time

Can anyone answer this?

• Depending on how you modify streamreader.ini, you will also have different scan results.

Ku-Band: 50°West - 95°East Gibertini OP100 (1,0m)
    Ku-Band: 5°West - 39°East WaveFrontier T90 (0,9m)
    Ku-Band LNB: Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL
    Tuner: TBS 5925&5530&5220, EDISION MIO+ 4K, Mut@nt HD51, Dreambox 900UHD&7020HD

• Depending on how you modify streamreader.ini, you will also have different scan results.

What to do with it ... Eno. Is it too much to mention the points in question. I have already looked at the Streamreader.ini, the crucial points are not described. You can certainly change the settings across the board and try them out. I will test it and read it again elsewhere and then give such meaningless answers if necessary.

• dk,

6902se/6904se cards are not supported in BLScan with EPSpro, only BLScan2.

Although I don't have 6904se, I think the same thing happens with this card.

I have written many times about the scan time under Windows for 6903x/6909x cards.

In short, it is slower than the other cards, regardless of the scanning mode.

• What to do with it ... Eno. Is it too much to mention the points in question. I have already looked at the Streamreader.ini, the crucial points are not described. You can certainly change the settings across the board and try them out. I will test it and read it again elsewhere and then give such meaningless answers if necessary.

You can try changing the sensitivity

Code
    ;BBGain=8
    ;! Tuner base-band gain

You can try to change the level evaluation

Code
    ;RFScan=0
    ;! RFScan mode. 0 - raw AGC integrator values, 1 - dB (default)

You can change the evaluation of the blindscan algorithm

Code
    BSAlgo=1
    ;!

and many other options you can change

Ku-Band: 50°West - 95°East Gibertini OP100 (1,0m)
    Ku-Band: 5°West - 39°East WaveFrontier T90 (0,9m)
    Ku-Band LNB: Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL
    Tuner: TBS 5925&5530&5220, EDISION MIO+ 4K, Mut@nt HD51, Dreambox 900UHD&7020HD

• Danke Jungs, ich werde sie morgen bestellen. Ich schicke ungern Ware zurück aufgrund von vorheriger Fehlinformation, deshalb frage ich lieber ausführlich davor. Testen tue ich sie natürlich selbstverständlich ausführlich dann trotzdem noch.

Und als letztes: Beide Tuner oder der Dualtuner sind vollkommen unabhängig voneinander? Es sollen zwei getrennte Leitungen angeschlossen werden und beide Anschlüsse zeitgleich meinetwegen einmal als EBS-Stream zum VLC Player und der andere separat im DVBViewer genutzt werden. Zeitgleich.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, I will order them tomorrow. I don't like sending goods back because of previous misinformation, so I'd rather ask in detail beforehand. Of course I'll test them extensively anyway.

And finally, are both tuners or the dual tuner completely independent of each other? Two separate lines are to be connected and both connections are to be used simultaneously, one as an EBS stream to the VLC player and the other separately in the DVBViewer. Simultaneously.

• Die Tuner sind unabhängig. Vorher informieren ist immer besser, als nachher jammern und weinen.

Ich habe mir heute die Mühe gemacht, 7°E mit EBSPro und verschiedenen Karten laufen zu lassen.

Von zeitnah kann hier mal keine Rede sein.

Der EBS Blindscan zeigt dir auch nicht S2X an. Manche S2X Transponder erkennt man an der in S2 nicht existenten FEC.

Der Rest folgt sobald die 6903x einmal fertig ist.

Die Einstellungen waren überall gleich, Ebenso Antenne (Laminas 180) und LNB.

The tuners are independent. It's always better to inform beforehand than to complain and cry afterwards.

Today I took the trouble to run 7°E with EBSPro and various cards.

There can be no question of timely here.

The EBS blind scan doesn't show you S2X either. Some S2X transponders can be recognized by the FEC that does not exist in S2.

The rest will follow as soon as the 6903x is finished.

The settings were the same everywhere, as were the antenna (Laminas 180) and LNB.

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• Hi Femi,

ich dachte, die 6903x zeigt als eine der wenigen die richtigen S2X-FECs an. Dass es ein S2X-Feed oder Kanal ist, wird dir ja nirgendwo angezeigt, oder? Da das "X" ja nur eine Erweiterung und kein eigener Standard ist, ist das vermutlich so.

Vielleicht gibt es Receiver, die das machen. Weiß gar nicht, ob es die Dream oder eine Vu-Box macht.

femi, hattest du nicht eine VU+ Duo 4K SE? Die kann glaube ich auch kein 16APSK ff.? Die Dream kann wenigstens das, obwohl bei beiden nichts mehr nachkommt. Ein Jammer.

• Im Feed-Report des IQMonitors wird es (S2X) angezeigt.

Die 6903x ist noch am Zuverlässigsten, was die richtige FEC bei S2x betrifft, zumindest von meinen zur Verfügung stehenden Karten.

Die VU (und auch die Dream) werden schon lange nicht mehr supportet, zumindest nichts aus Richtung Hersteller.

Die Tuner-Software der VU hat aber obendrein den Fehler, dass man bei der S2X-Einstellung keine FEC der S/S2 Einstellung verwenden kann.

Also 16APSK 3/4 ist nicht möglich, da 16APSK nur im S2X-Modus existiert, obwohl es 16APSK auch im S2-Modus gäbe.

Im Grund nicht abwärts-kompatibel programmiert. Hier waren's bei der Dream deutlich intelligenter.

Im VU-Forum habe ich mich nicht sehr beliebt gemacht, da ich von der VU abgeraten habe.

Das Spektrum und den Blindscan(2) schaffte die

She managed the spectrum and the blind scan(2).

TBS6904SE in 00 : 04 : 38

TBS6908 in 01 : 15 : 31

TBS6522 in 02 : 24 : 30

TBS6903x in 06 : 57 : 14

Für die einzelne Transponderauswertung taugt die 6904SE nicht.

The 6904SE is not suitable for individual transponder evaluation.

Will man Gewissheit, kommt man um mehr als eine Karte aktuell nicht herum.

If you want certainty, you can't avoid having more than one card at the moment.

xml's and streamreader.log from scans

TBS-Cards_0070_10950-12750.zip

Wer nicht die Antennengröße und den ungefähren Standort angibt, postet sinnlos, sofern es um eine Signalerfassung geht.

If you don't specify the antenna size and the approximate location, posting is useless if it's about signal acquisition.

• Hi Femi,

danke erst mal wieder für die Mühe. Sehe ich mir in Ruhe an. Knapp 7h ist erst mal eine Ansage - ein bisschen viel finde ich. Satesco hatte oben einen Screenshot von 1w über einen gewissen kleinen Freuenzbereich und da war es der Faktor 7. Also die 6902SE war "nur" 7x mal schneller, als die 6909x. Klar, nicht die 6903x, aber immerhin der gleiche Chipsatz.
    Zum Blindscannen um schnell mal etwas zu finden, ist sie sicherlich gänzlich ungeeignet. Ich hätte gedacht meinetwegen einen kleinen Frequenzbereich von 10.950 bis 11.200 eine Ebene in 6-7 Minuten. Die 6904SE braucht dafür u.U. nur 20 Sekunden.

Viele Karten sind kein Problem an sich. Man muss beim Mainboard die Stückzahl und die praktische Nutzbarkeit eben priorisieren. Ich habe 3 Plätze rerviert und da stecken jetzt die 6903, 6983 (6903x) und 6904SE.

Ich bestelle sie. Hast du bei der 6903x auch im EBSPro das gleiche Problem wie mit der 6904SE ... also wie von Geisterhand verschwinden am Ende die Scanergenisse? Ich hatte das Gefühl, dass auch die Karte eine Rolle spielt, kann mich aber auch irren. Es gibt auch ein zusätzliches Phänomen. Aus nicht nachvollziehbaren Gründen funktionierte die 6904SE im EBSPro nicht mehr. Alles probiert, Neustart, deaktiviert, ini gelöscht und nix passiert. Dann habe ich einfach ein anderes Profil genommen und die Daten angepasst und dann lief es wieder. Meiner Meinung nach hängt es immer mit den Profilen zusammen, auch das Verschwinden der Endergebnisse. Wenn das wieder auftritt, ändere ich im Profil die Scanbereiche einfach mal hin und her und dann läuft es wieder.

• Das Löschen der Scans hatte ich beim IQMonitor auch schon. Zumindest bildete ich mir ein, dass es entweder mit der Bildschirmabschaltung oder mit anderen offenen Programmen zu tun hat.

Einige Male musste ich EBSPro auch neu starten, nachdem ich es mit dem Taskmanager abwürgen musste. War aber danach wieder ganz normal.

Ich fürchte durch den geringen Support wird sich nicht viel ändern und obendrein läßt sich der Fehler nicht so recht orten.

• Ich habe heute die 6903x verbaut und in Betrieb (EBSPro) genommen, dabei an sich gab es keine Probleme. Dann habe ich den ersten Scan mit Blindscan2 gemacht. Nur testweise 7E 10.950 - 11.200. Scanzeit: 06:52 Min (9 Transponder)

Zeitgleich mit der 6904SE, gleicher Bereich: 24 Sekunden (10 Transponder).

Die 6904SE findet einen TP mehr, der sich mit der 6903x auch im BL-Modus nicht manuell einloggen lässt. Im DT-Mode funktioniert der Lock.

Es ist die Frequenz mit der höchsten Symbolrate. (11.1158v, 30.000)

Eine weitere Auffälligkeit, die ins Auge stach, war überall die gleiche falsche Bitrate 94,714 Mbit/s im Blindscan2-Modus.. Liegt eventuell an meiner Streamreaderversion (1.2.5.191) oder an den (ini)-Einstellungen? Im BL1-modus kommt wieder die richtige Bitrate.

Gibt es eine favorisierte Streamreaderversion für die 6903x? Hat jemand da Erfahrungswerte.

6903x BL1-Modus, aber aufgrund der Langsamkeit doch zeitversetzt: ebenfalls wie im BL2-Modus 9 Transponder in 54:37 Min.

Also keinen Unterschied BL1 zu BL2 was das Auffinden angeht, nur BL1 54 Minuten zu 7 Minuten BL2. Im BL2 stimmen wieder die Bitraten.

Auffällig hier im BL1-Modus, dass der eingestellte Stepabstand von 4 nicht berückdichtigt wird. EBSPro sucht weiterhin in 1er Schritten.

In meiner jetzigen erstmaligen Config Blindscan 1 sehr fehlerhaft. Im Zusammenhang im EBSPro.

• Den Unterschied zwischen Blindscan 1 & 2 hat niemand deutlich unterstrichen - es sei denn, ich habe es überlesen, dann sorry. Es hieß ( satesco) beide langsamer als 6902/04SE, nicht in welcher Form. Im Blindscanmodus 2 ist die 6903x mindestens 15-mal langsamer als die 6904SE.

Im BL1-Modus ist es Faktor 40 mal langsamer.

satesco, vielleicht kannst du das mal genau beantworten, du hast/hattest doch beide Karten, also 6903x und 6909x, wie da die Unterschiede sind. Die Unterschiede zur 6902 und 6904SE sind unwichtig, die haben wir ja auch. Interessant wäre der Schnelligkeitsunterschied in beiden Blindscanmodus, also 1 & 2 und ob ungefähr gleich viel Transponder eingeloggt werden, oder die 6909x das besser ist. nur die 6903x und 6909x. Am besten bei 7E, da ist am meisten Feedbetrieb. Interessant wäre auch die Empfindlichkeit. Es sieht ja so aus, dass die 6903x empfindlicher ist, vorallem was den lock und die Bildschwelle betrifft. Ist das mit der 6909x auch so wäre gut zu wissen. Die 6904SE ist deutlich unempfindlicher, wenn man das so sagen kann.

Bis jetzt nehme ich nach den paar Stunden Nutzung an, dass der BL1-Modus zum reinen Blindscannen großer Frequenzbereiche in EBSPro auf die Schnelle mal zum Suchen nicht unbedingt geeignet ist. Für definierte kurze Bereiche schon mit Einschränkung. Mit Crazycat bin ich nicht so firm, probiere ich aber auch noch.

Wenn mir jemand noch verraten würde, wie ich bei der 6903x die Steps >1.000 kHz in EBSPro einstellen könnte, wäre das schön. Ich befürchte fast, dass das nicht geht.

Nach mehreren Durchläufen fällt auf, dass die 6903x in EBSPro die Transponder, die 1 Minute vorher gefunden worden, diese 1 Minute später sie nicht mehr findet, obwohl noch aktiv. Ebenso Probleme mit höheren bzw. normal hohen Symbolraten.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dk () aus folgendem Grund: Hinzufügen.

• Weniger als 1MHz geht nicht

Meiner Meinung nach mehr im K-Band relevant.

Bei CS habe ich schon bemerkt, dass ein Lock einzeln geprüfter Transponder mit größerer Bandbreite (im Ku-Band) leichter war - einfach ausprobieren.

• Den Unterschied zwischen Blindscan 1 & 2 hat niemand deutlich unterstrichen - es sei denn, ich habe es überlesen, dann sorry. Es hieß ( satesco) beide langsamer als 6902/04SE, nicht in welcher Form. Im Blindscanmodus 2 ist die 6903x mindestens 15-mal langsamer als die 6904SE.

Im BL1-Modus ist es Faktor 40 mal langsamer.

satesco, vielleicht kannst du das mal genau beantworten, du hast/hattest doch beide Karten, also 6903x und 6909x, wie da die Unterschiede sind. Die Unterschiede zur 6902 und 6904SE sind unwichtig, die haben wir ja auch. Interessant wäre der Schnelligkeitsunterschied in beiden Blindscanmodus, also 1 & 2 und ob ungefähr gleich viel Transponder eingeloggt werden, oder die 6909x das besser ist. nur die 6903x und 6909x. Am besten bei 7E, da ist am meisten Feedbetrieb. Interessant wäre auch die Empfindlichkeit. Es sieht ja so aus, dass die 6903x empfindlicher ist, vorallem was den lock und die Bildschwelle betrifft. Ist das mit der 6909x auch so wäre gut zu wissen. Die 6904SE ist deutlich unempfindlicher, wenn man das so sagen kann.

It should be known that the fastest card for blindscan, regardless of signal, parameters, etc., is the 6902se (and probably 6904se) card.

The test is at 1.0W per pol. Vertical between 10700-11200 V.

-I won't comment on the tests done with 6903x/6909x cards, and Crazyscan 1&2, and the EBSpro 1&2 app.

I didn't choose all the bands and polarities for testing because time has no patience with anyone.

One can make some observations about these tests, but the results would have been a little (and not too much) different if the signal (antenna) was stronger, which matters, as we know, especially when scanning feeds from several spots.

I added a 6909x scan with neumoDVB under Linux, the fastest blindscan, in 3.8min.

But I guess what you want to know about these cards is that you can conclude, even if provisional.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!