KA Band LNBs

• Offizieller Beitrag

Got them all, finally...

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Great Feedsat! :58:

• Feedsat,You're unbeatable.Nothing is expensive when you have passion...I can only envy you collegial

7 antennas,including 2 of 150cm,one T90 with 16 lnbs
    lnb:Inverto Black Ultra with scalar rings and many Ku lnbs,
    C-band LNB:ESX241,Galaxy Inovations,EuroStar,MTI 20K,NS741U C/Ku,Inverto Single C-band Flange,lnb Chaparral Servo Motor & Skew Control
    LNB Ka:R9216DF XWM,Hughes FSS 19.7-20.2 GHz,
    6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,
    7 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6504),3 tuners usb-tbs5927,tbs5925 & SkyStar USB 2 HD,
    Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W,
    Loc:Romania :3:

• Offizieller Beitrag

New toy :70:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not a LNB but a professional adapter KU/KA Channel Master Feeedhorn (especially built for this one), silver inside, 1.5 to 2 dB gain Versus regular XMW feed, I will done more acurate tests later this winter I think.

Picture just to show the assembly

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von Feedsat
    Not a LNB but a professional adapter KU/KA Channel Master Feeedhorn (especially built for this one), silver inside, 1.5 to 2 dB gain Versus regular XMW feed, I will done more acurate tests later this winter I think.

Picture just to show the assembly

That is very interesting. Does the beam width of the feed remain the same for Ka compared to Ku? I have a Prodelin Ka 1.2m dish and a Ku 0.8 f/d feed but can not find a reasonably priced Ka 0.8 f/d feed.

1.2m Prodelin 3122 az-el with one of:
    S: Helical feed, 0.8dB NF LNA, X: 1.2dB NF LNA, conical feed,
    Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

1.5m IRTE, Polar mount with Octagon OSLO mod. C120, IRTE feed
    40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

Franckly, I don't know, but I'm goind to investigate and back to you asap.

It has been created especially for this Antenna and this feedhorn

• Offizieller Beitrag

The answer (copy/paste):

Feed beam width is related to frequency . From Ku to Ka it changes much . Ka Prodelin dishes require very expensive Prodelin feed. 1000 Euro or so.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The frequency - beam width relationship made me wonder what the beamwidth of your Ku on Ka feed would do. If it has narrowed the width it would be useful for the Prodelin.

1000 Euro - eek. I thought it may be expensive but.... The dish, mount and LNBs only cost 10% of that!

Here is my collection of feeds. Left to right: Viasat from original Prodelin BUC, Viasat polariser, Gilat from BUC with polariser, Gilat polariser, unknown feed, rectangular -circular WG adapter, Scientific Atlanta feed (OK for PF dish)

The problem with the Viasat 0.8f/d feed is that the waveguide dimensions are unusual and the originat BUC is not usable.

The last picture is the LNB from a Gilat BUC modified to fit the Gilat feed directly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, well, I will done some test during the next months and if you wish I can send you this KU/KA Adpater for testing, but you will have to send me back, this is the only one avalable for a end user ( "custom manufacturing")

in december or January, OK ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Many thanks for your kind offer, that will be interesting. I will send a PN/PM.
    I found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131051271857 which may work with the Viasat feed. The seller also has a few other WR-42 parts.

Ku 12-18GHz: corrugated conical feed, 1.5dB NF LNA, Ku (Standard): SMW Q-PLL type C, Prodelin feed. Ku (Extended): 11.3GHz LO SMW & Prodelin Feed Ka: Gilat ex-ODU PLLs Gilat feeds, Ka 18-26.5GHz: Patriot feed, home made 4dB NF LNA, Ka DSN: Corrugated conical feed, home made 3dB NF Down-Converter

40km East of London, UK

• Offizieller Beitrag

My new toys for Band A, B and C. Testing them, when I´m not so lazy next...

Bilder

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for sharing this collection with us.

Nonetheless, from my point of view, it would be more interesting as a Dxer we are, to see some of your test report between each of LNBs, and the difference of the values, C/N, SNR, MER between the various feedhorn used, etc

:54:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von sato
    I have always wanted to take this picture, but never had time to do it. But finally I got it!
    To have a proper LNB is only half way to meet the goal.

Interesting, sato. How are the Patriot dishes?
    Here is my Ka band A, made from parts of 2 damaged LNBs. This has been used for my latest posts. I have another Patriot feed but need a WR42 interface, do you know where I can get an OMT like the ones you show or the same as the one in my pictures?

• Today is the day when satellite DXing in Europe is entering another uncharted territory.
    Peon was there when it was necessary to confirm first reception in 18 or 22 GHz band and it is a distinct honor for me to inform you that he is also the first EU explorer of the last Ka frequency band 17.2 - 18.2 GHz.

So from now on is Ka band (17.2 - 22.2 GHz) fully available to be explored....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Very nice. Can you check out the wide band transponders on 25.5E?

/edit by qwer: Sorry, LINK disappeared with changed forum software on 01.08.2020.

I think there is one on each polarisation but they are very weak here in UK.

The loudest things I've found in band E are the mentor/Orion series beacons:

/edit by qwer: Sorry, LINK disappeared with changed forum software on 01.08.2020.

They also have extremely wide (spread spectrum?) transponders from about 17.9-19.2GHz

40km East of London, UK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!